Chimp & See Talk

4 chimps in AV, need help with id please. Leading male has patches on fur, following female has really thin hair on legs

• squish5 by squish5

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Sorry, I forgot to move that thread to AV-15. Will do now. @PauDG, please see also in the video comments. Thanks!

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi all,

it is difficult to know who are these chimps. I don't understand well what do you mean about Makena. I don't see any adult female here. The second chimp is a female but is a juvenile. I think I am missing something

Thanks for clarify. 😉

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Paula, I think that's what @AnLand hinted at in the comments 😉

Posted

ah, ok 😉

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000gh60 This is the 3rd part of this sequence. The adult male looks like Filou - light lower back with lighter band of hair arching across the top of the area, white beard hair when he turns. Not much seen to be sure but am wondering if the 2 juveniles are Marlyn in front and Kamala racing to catch up.

enter image description here

If this is Filou, it would rule him out as one of the males in the 1st part of the clip ACP000gh5y

Posted

Thanks @Snorticus.

I agree, this is Filou, that is his back;) I looks like the others are Marlyn and Kamala. Genders, shapes and sizes fit. I say yes!

What do you mean with AV-15? we are in AV-15, right?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Paula, this thread has been originally posted in the Science Board (opened as a discussion next to the video) and Anja just moved it to the AV-15 dicussion board 😃

Posted

ah ok, the comment about AV-15 was written before it was moved here. Thanks!

Posted