Chimp & See Talk

Marlyn with some males

• squish5 by squish5

enter image description here

Thats Caruso from ACP000fwj9 on the left, butt cheeks look rounder and pinker. Hair maybe not as grey on lower back.
    On the right is the subjects undamaged ear which would eliminate Filou.

Sorry if that is no help what so ever but going through all these chimp clips takes a while, will try my best to get a match eventually.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi @squish5

What a challenging video! mmmm, I agree the juvenile is Marlyn. The second male could be Baba, because his face looks quite brown, but the others....? I am not sure at all 😕

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Sorry I haven't seen this post before and added a comment in chat. I removed the post but could not delete the titel "Educational measures in the bush?" May a mod be so kind? thanks!!

This is how I see it:

I think the one in front of Marlyn might be Caruso. It looks as if Marlyn hit his leg from behind and of course Caruso didn't like it and thus he reprimanded Marlyn for his behaviour. Then Marlyn looks back at the chimp following him which I think is Filou (irregular grayish back) like if he'd wanted to say: Have you seen that, Filou, Caruso hit me! That little rascal 😄

All IDs of course not confirmed. 😉

Posted

hahahah. (You didn't need to delete the post 😉 )

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to Boleyn's comment.

What a great clip! Marlyn was doing some serious tail-gating there and deserved a bit of a shove 😉 It's interesting that there is no vocalization and also that a bunch of male and female juveniles are tagging along with so many males as seen in the next part ACP000ggj2 Rear ends would be easier to sort with a bit more of facial views to add in, I am not sure who we have here with Marlyn.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

So you had the same impression about Marlyn's behaviour, @Snorticus. That's great I already thought I might have been carried away a bit 😃

I love it that we see 5 adult males in this video, and all backside views. Same number as our known adult males. I think the most challenging now is to put them and the juveniles in the right order. Some detective work to accomplish here 😉

Posted

• squish5 by squish5 in response to PauDG's comment.

Its not an easy one @PauDG Marlyn was the easy bit but i do think Caruso is a good match, when he turns to Marlyn the head shape looks good but still very difficult

Posted

Hi all, what do you think, could be the second chimp (down) also Filou? I think that is the same back

ACP000ggj1 (Filou)

one
    one
    one

ACP000ezv2
    one

uff, the still image is not the best, better to see the video 😉

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to PauDG's comment.

I would agree that the lighter pattern on the lower back looks like Filou.

Posted

Wonderful! thanks 😄

Posted