Chimp & See Talk

Who is this female?

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi all,

who do you think those chimps are? Could be Etta & inf, right? I think I see something in her right eyebrow

one
    one

The video is on facebook!! here the link , and could be the only video without any temporal ID or name from Aged Violet! ;p

Thanks!!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

I would agree with Etta from the screenshots, but can't find the video. Could you post the video ID here? (From the screenshot, I also guess that the infant on the left is Marlyn.)

Posted

ups, sorry. It's from this video ACP000g2qa ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Thanks and yes, I think that this is Etta.

I also looked into the video before, posted here by @daleh and asked myself who she might be.

ACP000g2q8 - shows a quite lean, dark female with a small infant (?, the second that looks back?). She is bald and has a protruded swelling as we know it from Etta. Brows are rather straight and there seems to be a beard. She does not look too young. The right ear might be a bit folded forward. In one moment, she looks like Makena, but the swelling does not fit at all. I also do not think that she is Desta.

enter image description here

Posted

mmmm, maybe too fast.

What about Fianna? She has a cut in the right ear. But I think Shugi is bigger than the juvenile that goes before her...

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

Paula, did you think about the possibility that she might be Sekai?

She's lean and I think leaner and smaller than Fianna which we took more than once for a male because of her size. The swelling looks also different. Fianna's is also dark at the edge but longer, not as compact. When we play video ACP000g2q8 very slowly we see her big ears and quite straight brows which would indicate Sekai.

The infant is still small but we know that it likes to move around a lot and thus probably is already walking on it's own - if it was human we might tell it's hyperactive ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

When we look at Sekai in ACP000ggqw we see that she has big and sticking out ears. This looks almost like a fold when she's walking. We can also see that she has kind of a compact, upwards looking swelling with a dark halo. I know she's passing fast and the stills are not very good but this lady above reminds me very much of her.

Sekai in ACP000gfo6

Female from ACP000g2q8

Compare wit Fianna in sideview:

Posted

Thanks Heidi,

It is true that this female's swelling and Fianna's swelling look different, what rules her out. I thought about Sekai, but the face shape (and body shape) looked different to me. I find Sekai younger than this one. But what do the others think?

I am going to add this female (ACP000g2q8) as AVFem21

Thanks!

Posted

โ€ข Desta has also something in her right ear, and looks a bit folded.

Desta from ACP000emm9

one

โ€ข Etta has also a notch in the right ear, but doesn't look folded and her face is rounder.

Etta ACP000e41l

one

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Desta might be another possibility but I think the infant walking in front of AVFem21 does belong to the her because she's looking back like to be sure if the mother is following. This young one is certainly not Azize, Desta's offspring.

Most of the ladies at AV have big ears and they often appear to have a fold when they are moving. Maybe this is just because of the video quality? The camera does not take many pictures per second thus details during movement cannot be well seen.

About the swelling: In ACP000gnpq where we see some females' backsides you supposed no. 3 to be Sekai. I think that swelling could look like the one from AVFem21 or what do you think, Paula?

Posted

I am still not sure, sorry. The first juvenile also looks back, but my main reason to doubt is that I find AVFem21 older than Sekai.

But let's see if someone else weighs in here. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Posted

• JoanaPereira by JoanaPereira

Hi,

It looks to me that Sekai face shape is quite different from AVFem21, also I agree that this female looks older, and I see the swellings a bit different. I can see very strong similarities between Desta and AVFem21, though. Their facesยดshape is very identical and the swellings look more similar.

Posted

I thought about Desta too, so I support the match ๐Ÿ˜‰

Is anyone against the match AVFem21-Desta? Thanks

Posted

I interpret that as a no. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Posted