Chimp & See Talk

Jojo-Crann--maybe Jojo-Crann?

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

I´ve found this guy today. the only match that I could think of is Jojo-Crann.

Adolescent / sub-adult male chimp with prominent brows, light ears and face. Left ear looks a bit folded at the top, but I´m not sure if it´s the result of the movement 😕

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

I think so. It is the only large-juvenile/adolescent male we have found, right?

images from ACP000fp1e to compare. Jojo-Crann

one
    one

ACP000g2tu

one
    one

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I actually thought that ACP000gnpv comprises two older boys. You think the second one is female? I thought "the swelling" looks too small for such a big female juvenile. I admit I cannot see any testicles.

Posted

I am confused. We are talking about ACP000g2tu

Posted

Yes, I do understand this. But your argument here for the matching to Jojo-Crann is that there is only one big male juvenile at Aged Violet.

ACP000gnpv shows two male juveniles, I think, and you did not disagree it seems, when I posted this video first. If you think that the second juvenile in ACP000gnpv is female, your argument holds, of course. I am not sure about the second individual here myself, but the girls (Sabirah, Eleanor) do have larger swellings at this age/size, I think. The first juvenile in ACP000gnpv is definitely male and would then be Jojo-Crann as well if we only have one single male (big) juvenile.

I agree that Ussuri is smaller and younger and can be excluded.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

I'm glad you posted this video because this set the video I found today into perspective. ACP000g38w

I'm not sure whether boy or girl but considerably smaller than the chimp in ACP000g2tu.

No good stills, s/he's moving too fast.
    enter image description here

Posted

Hi all

I agree the chimp in ACP000g2tu is smaller. (see below for comparison)

ACP000g2tu
    one

ACP000g2tu
    one

And in ACP000gnpv, I think the second chimp is a male, and that is also Jojo-Crann

Posted

Just for me to follow: you also think that we have two male juveniles in ACP000gnpv, but the first one is smaller, so you would go with Jojo-Crann for the second one? I'm fine with this.

Posted

yes 😉

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

Paula, Jojo-Crann again, right? ACP000fw2x

this is the next clip of that sequence (with Jojo): ACP000fw30

Posted

yes! thanks Nuria 😉

Posted

ACP000gnpv - I don't think that the second juvenile male here is Jojo-Crann. This video shows that Jojo-Crann is much smaller than Makena (maybe half of adult size or a bit more) and this ACP000e5p3 that he is even smaller than Sabirah.

As we have in this long travel scene (see ACP000gnpv and ACP000gno2) three male juveniles, I think the one in ACP000gno2 walking directly before Makena and smaller than the other one is rather Jojo-Crann.

The only bigger male juvenile that I could find is actually aVJuv18 who has at least two-thirds, maybe even 75% of adult body size.

AVJuv18 in ACP000ef7i

enter image description here

The other male juvenile (first in ACP000gnpv) might be Ussuri. But only if we think that we have only these three. I think Ussuri and Jojo-Crann have approx. the same size.

Posted

I do not understand. In which video do you think is not Jojo-Crann? Your point is that Jojo-Crann is smaller or bigger than who?

Posted

I do not understand why the big male juvenile in ACP000gnpv should be Jojo-Crann. He is not that big, in my opinion. Why this one and not one of the other two? You have three male juveniles in that event.

I think in this sequence with three male juveniles, Jojo-Crann is the one in ACP000gno2 - walking in front of his mother Makena.

Posted