Chimp & See Talk

Backside ID- Filou?

• lauraklynn by lauraklynn moderator

So I know we may not be able to make a positive ID with this, but I notice these two have similar backsides and I'm wondering if they are both Filou. Note the hairless, bald patch on the left scapula and faint balding area in the middle of the back:

In ACP000ezv2, he is with Desta and Azize:

And here it looks like it might be the same individual in ACP000fc24

We also get a quick view of one of the juvenile's faces in ACP000fc20 :

I know he doesn't have a grey back in the second series, but the lighting is different.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

yes, I think we don't see it the gray because the video is very dark... could be. But it is difficult to be sure. The scene fits completely with Filou. Let me check if we have more videos from that serie. Thanks!

Posted

So, we have these videos

ACP000fc1y
    ACP000fc20
    ACP000fc22
    ACP000fc24

And in my notes I have also written "Filou?"

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Hm, I actually have in my notes "adult female?" as this individual looks more bony with smaller shoulders and leaner legs to me than a big male like Filou. But it is hard to say with this perspective and only these videos. I tried to catch a look at the ears (Filou's would be damaged), but cannot see enough. There are two juveniles around, so that would speak for the Filou connection, too.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

There are two other videos from this series already tagged: ACP000fc1d and ACP000fc1e. In ACP000fc1d you see an ear damage clearly.

Posted

thanks for the new videos AnLand. I think those are the "Popeye arms" from Filou, and I this is his cut in the right ear. See here for comparison 😉

one |

Posted

ACP000fc1d
    one
    one

Posted

Do we all agree? 😉

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

I think yes, it's Filou and also Marlyn in ACP000fc20. Tobe a bit more sure I brightend the photo:
    Bald patches, popeye arms and the face of the juveniles looks much like Marlyn as well as his behaviour towards an adult male.

enter image description here

Posted

This helps a lot! thanks Bolyen

Posted