Chimp & See Talk

Female with infant followed by juvenile

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Hi @PauDG,

please see the matching comments in the linked video.

Just briefly my opinion, I think we can rule out Makena - she is thinner and her follwing juvenile (Jojo-Crann) is much bigger.

Taiga is a good possibility, but I am a bit irritated by the protruded swelling. We did not see that in Taiga (compare here ACP000gfth).

The other female that comes to my mind is Sekai, who also has a ventral infant in September 2014. She seems to have a more protruded swelling, but at the moment, I only got a brief look at it in ACP000gfo6

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi all.

I vote for Taiga & AVInf07 and AVJuv15. I think the swellings are similar, just than in this video it is more swollen, but there are 2 months between the 2 videos, so it's normal

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

My guess would also be Taiga and her both infants and I'd rule out Makena for the same reasons.
    We know that Taiga has a juvenile following her and in this video this is quite obviously hers.

Sekai is considered to be quite young and we couldn't associate a juvenile with her.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Ah, OK, I always assume that they would not cycle for quite some time after giving birth. But I guess nature does not always keep strictly to the rule. 😉

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Great. And thanks a lot @Baftan for you proposal!

Posted