Chimp & See Talk

Clip progress?

• Snorticus by Snorticus

I have been wondering if you guys can tell us what percentage of the clips from Aged Violet have been completed and what percentage is still unclassified?

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

I do not know it. Does anyone know?

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Yes, progress is a bit slow at the moment ... so here a brief summary: 20% of the Aged Violet videos are paused to make room for the next site. When looking at the other Aged Violet videos: 70% are finished, 10% are active right now and 20% are still inactive and needs to be activated and completed before the next site can start. Based on the current numbers, I would guess that it is still a couple of weeks and many more duikers ... 😉

The threshold of the active videos had to be changed for new data requirements and we will see what this means for starting the next site (and later the chimp matching).

Fun fact: last week we had actually the first anniversary of working on Aged Violet. Yes, it is a really big site.

Posted

Thanks AnLand, and happy Violet Aged-anniversary!

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

One year, oh my! Thanks, AnLand for the update.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Just a very brief - and hopefully motivating - update on the clip progress for Aged Violet: we now have only 700 active videos left. There are probably a few really hard ones among them that will accumulate quite some classifications still, but many only need one or two more to get retired.

Thanks everyone for helping and let's get through the rest with full power!

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to AnLand's comment.

I was just wondering about the count yesterday, thanks for the update.

Posted

Thanks for the update 😉

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

Thanks for the update @AnLand!

Posted