Chimp & See Talk

Etta and others

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

In this traveling scene in ACP000ft1d I think we see first Etta with her infant. The extensive balding and the little nick in her right ear are well seen. The second might be Sekai, but the infant is too big, right? Then Desta and Azize - what I base mostly on the forward bent upper ears. Then another juvenile.

proposal to Etta

enter image description here

second female (behind Etta here in this screenshot)

proposal Desta & Azize

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

@AnLand I agree with Etta and infant.

The second one is tricky. The infant seems to be too big to be either Taiga's or Sekai's so this would leave Raj who's infant is a bit bigger already. We know from other Raj videos that her infant likes to ride in an upright position.

Rai from ACP000g4dt

Agree again on no. 3 with Desta and Azize based upon the massive built of Desta and the somehow fierce looking Azize.

Compare with ACP000g4du or also ACP000gfo6

btw: moved the discussion to AV 😃

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

great!

I agree with you girls, first we see Etta & AVInf04, then Raj & AVInf09 , and then Desta and Azize.

Who is the last juvenile, has Etta or Raj been seen before with a second-older offspring?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Paula, I think the juvenile is the same as in this video ACP000gfo6 of a travelling group with Etta, Taiga, Sekai and their infants.

It's got a very dark mask, bright boxy muzzle, a small bald spot on top of the head and the same bent, bright and wide brows as many other juveniles at AV. But the overall look is very alike I think. It might be Taiga's older offspring although she's not in this video but she was in the other one and might just not been caugth in this series?

From the video ACP000ft1d in discussion

From ACP000gfo6

In this picture there's also the fourth female with infant which is not yet identified. I still think that this are Desta and Azize for the same reasons as above 😃

Posted

Thanks Heidi!

right, in ACP000ft1d the last are Desta and Azize. Thanks!

About the juveniles from ACP000ft1d and from ACP000gfo6. They are definitely very similar, I agree they may be the same. But I really doubt about who is the mother.

In ACP000gfo6 we see: Etta, Taiga, Sekai and Desta

and in ACP000ft1d: Etta, Raj and Desta

It is true that there can be more chimpanzees out of the screen, but if we think about the ones we can see.... I would say that Desta has already a "large" infant, whta makes me think that the juvenile can be from Etta.

Posted

I am going to add the juvenile as AVJuv20

Posted