Chimp & See Talk

Who is this guy?

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I believe, it's a male. Narrow brows, dark face. Most notably maybe the little visible ears. They seem to be very close to the head. Not sure, who he is. I think not Caruso, maybe Magnus. Baron has different ears, Filou as well.

enter image description here

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

I'm not sure either but Magnus certainly has a bigger bald spot on his forehead. Baron's bald spot is triangular, Baba we can rule out anyway because of the color of the skin. So it can only be Caruso or Filou or an intruder - if we are in agreement that there are only 5 male, adult chimps at AV. I remember I've read somewhere in a scientific article that this site with Filou only helds this number of grown up males.

Filou's ear is really badly damaged but at certain angles we can't see much of it (see below)
    Both have a crease in the nose but due to the overall view I'd tend to Caruso, also because Filou's nose seems to look differently.

Filou from ACP000fttp at the end:

Caruso from ACP000fttp (start of the clip) better seen in video

and Caruso's nose crease can be seen in this video ACP000e364

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Hm, while watching the screenshots closely, I would rather opt for Filou and not Caruso. But I don't know really why and I am not sure.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

I am not sure either. To me could be Caruso or Magnus, I think we would see the cut in the right ear if would be Filou, but I am not sure. I am going to add him as AVMale13.

Thnaks!

Posted