Chimp & See Talk

Sekai or Taiga?

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

This video ACP000f33a popped up for classification first tagged by @Snorticus and @AnLand.

I'm pretty sure we know this lady with ventral infant but I'm having some problems to tell for sure whether it's Sekai or Taiga. She's carrying quite a small infant ventrally and it's September. She is quite lean and has straight brows and big ears.

It might be Sekai because Taiga I think has a rounder head and more uneven brows and is maybe a little heavier than Sekai when compared in video ACP000gfo6 (Taiga 2nd Sekai 3rd) Besides that there is no juvenile to be seen which might be when it was Taiga. Unfortunately it's the last video in the sequence and the ones before show no juvenile and give no other clue.

enter image description here

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Taiga ( ACP000gfo6)

one

Sekai ( ACP000gfo6)

one

Posted

Taiga or Sekai would be also my proposals Heidi, but I am having difficulties to decide too. I think that I find Sekai's face a bit rounder than Taiga's face. It is true that we don't see the juvenile (Marini), but she is not always around.

Posted

• JoanaPereira by JoanaPereira

The face looks definitely more with Sekai 😃

Posted

I am still not sure about this one 😕

I am going to add her in the list because she is not yet, but I think we shouldn't close the match if we are not sure

Posted