Chimp & See Talk

Baron--Male. Baron or Caruso?

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

I think this male could be Baron. Robust male, dark face, but maybe not that dark as Caruso or Magnus. His face is not seen very well, and the pictures are not the best, so better watch the video.
    If it is not Baron I would propose Caruso, because I don't see any baldness. What do you think?

one
    one
    one

ACP000ft1x

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I would say, it's Baron - because of the face color and I think I also see the forward bent on the ear.

Posted

Thanks Anja!

It would be great to have at least one more opinion here. Let's see if someone else wants to give his/her opinion 😉

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Paula, I agree with Baron as well. He does have a balding, but it's smaller than Magnus' and it's triangular in shape. When he's walking towards the camera we can see some shiny spots on his forehead. Besides that, yes there's the ear fold on the right ear, the brighter face color and the almost straight brows of the original Baron which is such a handsome chimp 😃

enter image description here

Posted

Definitely a handsome chimp, I agree!

Thanks a lot Boleyn 😉

Posted

I think this could be Baron. Dark male, big but not as robust as Caruso and Magnus, notch in the right ear...

ACP000ew9i

one
    one

Posted

yup, I agree with Baron. Can't see the bigger notch in the middle of the ear but the one on top is visible. All black hair and built is very baronlike 😃

Posted

great! thanks Heidi 😉

Posted

I think that the first male in ACP000gcz8 is Baron.

The second could be Caruso (I don't see any bald, and looks like his back is a bit grayish)

What do you think?

Posted

Paula, I'm not 100% sure about the first being Baron. Actually he reminds me more of AVMale11 which is also walking with an open mouth, someting I can't remember seeing Baron do. Additionally he looks more massive than Baron I think.

left the first male in ACP000gcz8 right AVMale11

Also with no. 2 I have my doubts. He seems to have a cut or dent in the middle of his left ear and when you freeze the video around sec 2 we can see some baldness and a scar in the left brow. No fluffy look like Caruso... Could they be intruders?

Posted

Thanks Heidi!

Caruso has a curve in the middle part of the left ear, what could fit with what you see in the video, but anyway if we are not sure, we leave them separated. 😉

Posted