Chimp & See Talk

AVMale14--Who is this chimp??

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

I have no idea who this could be ACP000g2o1. The face is well visible. Young male (?), too big to be Jojo-Crann who actually pass 1 minute before ACP000g2tu. Any idea?

one

Jojo-Crann

one

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

New guy in town. I've never seen him either!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

The light is very direct on muzzle and balding, but - mainly as I cannot believe to have a male chimp that we did not see before - nothing really speaks against Baron. He also has a lighter, triangular muzzle in direct sunlight, same lean body build and size, brow form agrees, and the left ear seems to be bent slightly forward - like Baron's.

But I agree that this chimp in ACP000g2nz / ACP000g2o1 looks a bit strange. Nevertheless, Baron would be a reasonable choice.

enter image description here

Posted

Good guess, Anja!

I was thinking about Baron too because of he lighter muzzle but I was always under the impression that Baron is a fully grown-up male. So now I tried to find out how big he really is and I'm somewhat estonished to see that he actually might be just a subadult.

We have him in this video with Baba: ACP000e0h8
    Paula says, Baba is a young adult and in this clip Baba seems to be a bit bigger than Baron. Compare them when they walk out of the frame.

Same in video ACP000e5p5 with Makena. When she walks away she seems to be a little bit bigger than Baron.

Other than that, I can also see some of the Baron traits in the new chimp - although this is really a strange video, probably all due to the strong lighting.

Posted

I find AVMale14 younger than Baron. Also his face is lighter, rounder, his body slimmer and the nostrils shape are rounder.

It is true that I think that Baba is young, but I meant that is not very old because of his light face, but his body shape is big as other adult males. The perspectives of the videos and the chimp postures can make the sizes a bit tricky, but in my opinion AVMale14 and Baron different.

Posted

Thanks Paula, I'm learnig something new every day 😃

For the youngster above maybe we have the same odd lighting effects as for Marini in this picture: She looks also very odd, the muzzle especially, compared to other videos of her. (NO matching proposal, just a comparison of colors/light)

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

The adult male in ACP000fpit looks very similar - dark eye mask and overshadowed by lighter brows. Light muzzle. Face form. Nostrils. But I nevertheless don't know who he is from our males.

He comes back in ACP000fphi / ACP000fphk. Slightly grayish back. Those brows.

Posted

I don't not either. The video is not clear enough

Posted