Chimp & See Talk

Tau??

• squish5 by squish5

enter image description here

That's Tau on the left from ACP0000c6d and leopard from ACP00004bg ACP00004bi ACP00004bk on the right.
    Good match for #Tau. and only leopard in quietwood I'm sure.
    I checked other clips and Tau is not tagged and no discussions are open on clips......Is this the right way to open a discussion??

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Hi @squish5 and everybody!

Yes! I agree, this is Tau again. The pattern on the left hind limb is convincing to me and the right hind limb is consistent with the recently matched one in ACP0000417 (compare the two small dots).

From ACP00004bi

From ACP0000417

Yes! Opening a discussion like this is absolutely perfect. If you want to add to an existing match or a prospective leopard, you can also write a post in an existing discussion. But that can get confusing if we reject a match in between and at one point it is not clear anymore, what is agreed to and what not. So, opening a new discussion is always fine.

But. I am not sure whether we have only one leopard at Quiet Wood.

For example, this guy (a male, too) does not really match Tau in my opinion. The right hind limb has less denser spots, I do not see the two small black dots, and he also seems to be a bit more robust. (ACP0000417 is only four weeks before and the hips seem to be slimmer.)

ACP000054a

I also think that ACP00002n5 and ACP00005oj are female. So at the moment, I operate with a population of at least three: 2 males and 1 female. (But I did not match the others.)

And as always: everything is open for discussion. I am a volunteer like you and learn this (hopefully) on the go.

Posted

• squish5 by squish5

Cheers @AnLand will keep an eye out for any new matches.

Posted