Chimp & See Talk

How many leopards?

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Hi all, we see in this video two leopards. If you take what you see and what you hear in the last second of this video and the continuation in ACP000fba8 / ACP000fbaa / ACP000fbab - what do you think it's going on? Did one come back to trash the camera or do we have three leopards here? (The latter would exclude a mating pair, I guess.)

Posted

I also think about how big the one at the camera is. See: ACP000fbab. It looks pretty small (especially the open mouth so close to the camera).

Posted

I did some unaccusable URL hacking, but as this clip is already classified 11 times without a "correct" answer, I pull it out here. The next video is ACP000fb9n.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Oh interesting, @AnLand. After having a closer look I think the left one could be coming back at the camera. It looks as if s/he is coming closer to the camera just when s/he leaves the frame at the left. So this would be two.

The other possibility of course is that it's a female with two older cubs because the one at the camera doesn't look so small anymore.Three grown-up seems to be rather unlikely I think?

Posted