Chimp & See Talk

Injured chimp?

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I think, we have an injured chimp (right hand or forearm) at Green Snowflake.

@Corcaroli found him in ACP000cuje and ACP000cujf and I think that we do see him also here in this video ACP000cupw.

It's a male and he looks younger. Maybe both sequences are not enough for a match, but we should keep an eye out for him.

enter image description here

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Thanks @AnLand,

#GSMale02 in ACP000cuje and ACP000cujf . I´m not that sure about ACP000cupw , but I´ll keep him tracked.

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000cupx Here at the very beginning (between 0.01 and 0.02) he seems to put the right hand down to move forward, but the overall walk seems odd.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

hmmm, yes, I think I see him leaning his right arm on the ground. Too confusing 😕

Posted

• Batfan by Batfan

This is a very tentative suggestion, but you don't think the chimp in ACP000drge could be the same one do you? All I'm really going by is the possibly damaged right hand, and the fact that s/he doesn't seem to have as much of a bald spot as others with injuries to their right hands.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to Batfan's comment.

I'm not sure about the chimp above but to me it looks as if you've found another clip of the newly named Will. You could propose it here. 😃

Posted

You mean the new ACP000drge video? That's rather Cassini, or? Light muzzle, injured hand?

(Will is missing the left hand. Here the right one is injured.)

Posted

• Batfan by Batfan in response to AnLand's comment.

Duh ! I'm forevever getting my left and right muddled up. Think there must be a bit of cross-wiring in my brain. Apologies. Yes, now I look, I think I do mean Cassini.

Posted

Me too!

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

ooops, I can't even blame the messing up of left and right, it was just a wrong suggestion, sorry! I was just seeing that light muzzle and injured hand and thought at Will at once not checking which is actually damaged... 😕

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

LOL!, girls, you made my Monday 😄

I have troubles too in telling my right from my left. I have always heard that this is more common in women, but I don´t know how much scientific evidence is in this affirmation. If it helps, we are not alone! : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3012739/Do-struggle-distinguish-left-right-far-says-academic-reveals-s-important.html

This guy is Cassini, thanks!

Posted

This video came up early at GS and got a bit forgotten. In the meantime I'm quite sure that the first chimp in this clip is Cassini. There's something odd with his right hand, the grey pattern on his back and the uneven testies indicate Cassini. I think also the shape of his head is the same. Compare to ACP000dcu3, backview last male crossing which is Cassini.

The second is most likely Bohr: massive built, dark back, even, short testies. Continues in ACP000cujf.

Posted

No, I don't think so. We haven't seen them here before and from the order of videos it shouldn't be close. We've seen another chimp with an injury that is not Cassini for sure and the details aren't enough. For being conservative: you don't see the injury; you don't see any comparable traits; there is no convincing context.

We've only seen group 2 (Gaia) here.

Posted

ok, thanks Anja, un**starred.

Posted