Chimp & See Talk

White haired male

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

This male has pretty white hair surrounding his roundish baldness. The typical (human) grandpa head. 😃 He has very gray legs, roundish nostrils and straight brows. This is a really wild guess, but he might also be seen (too far away, but the head shines pretty white) in ACP000dvu5. I refer to the one traveling towards the camera. (In ACP000dvu6 - untagged - you can see some gray legs and the lean body build is similar). I hope we can find him again with a better view.

enter image description here

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

wow! beautiful 😃

thanks @AnLand.

#GSMale05

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to AnLand's comment.

This looks to me like AnLand's #GSMale05 grandpa guy again:

ACP000dxdb - grey head, short muzzle, pale back & rear continues down legs.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

Thanks @Snorticus , I think you are right...BW videos are tricky, but #GSMale05´s white hair is very distinctive. I agree with you,

anyone?

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I am not sure about this, because I see #GSMale05 as quite lean, not with that robust body build. Especially in the upper body. That's I suggested the guy in ACP000dvu5 / ACP000dvu6. Can you tell me, why he was ruled out? (I totally agree that it's not the best video, but the new one is not so much better.) I also think that the new one's face looks a bit strange (hanging lower jar, a bit discolored. But that's just my opinion.

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to AnLand's comment.

Agree with you that ACP000dxdb may not be your guy, but wanted to list him in this thread for future reference. I think they both have a bit of a hump in the upper back too.

ACP000dxdb Looks to me like he belongs in this thread also and may be your same guy. That white head is pretty distinctive but I can't decide if we have one or we have more from these clips so far.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Ups! @AnLand, I´m so sorry! I wrote down on the chimps list that he in ACP000dvu5 could be #GSMale05, but didn´t comment anything 😮 . He wasn´t ruled out, but I lost track of it instead.

Yes, I agree with you that the guy in ACP000dvu5 could be #GSMale05. His head is very white, however, I can´t tell the same about his back and hind limbs. I can´t see it properly. Also, he looks a bit more robust to me, but again, it might be just my perception due to the distance and light.

#GSMale05 in ACP000dw2u / ACP000dvu6 / ACP000dxdb :

I think it will make things easier if I give them tempIDs: #GSMale05b and #GSMale05c 😃

More thoughts?

Posted

• hoothoot by hoothoot

I think the guy in ACP000dvu5 and ACP000dvu6 is GSMale05 based on the distinct whiteness on the head and also his gait. In all three videos it looks like he is letting his respective shoulder drop to the ground with every step. I don't see that kind of walk in ACP000dxdb. But since the whiteness on head and legs would fit, could it be that the chimp switches gaits for some reason ?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Thanks @hoothoot, to me GSMale05b's built looks heavier than the one of GSMale05. Also the shape of his head looks more cone-like and there's no balding visible from far as with GSMale05.

I'm afraid there's no new match because GSMale05b is the already known Bud. He's been ID'd here in this clip ACP000dvrv only three minutes later. In ACP000dvrv he is sitting behind the tree on the left and starts moving towards the camera. So this is still the same scene. Body built and head shape agree with Bud, no doubt here.

Bud in ACP000dvrv

Btw, the male in ACP000dxdb has been ID'd as Lonn quite some time ago.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Any objection when I tag the white headed guy in ACP000dvu5 and ACP000dvu6 as Bud? s explanation above.

Posted

• Buzharevski by Buzharevski scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

No objection 😃

Posted