Chimp & See Talk

Sal: no right hand female

• Snorticus by Snorticus

@MimiA suggested I repost these two gals and take a second look.

ACP000do17 - Series dated 4-23-2013 Found by @charly03 Here is a female chimp with no right hand, cut off above the wrist. Prominent bald spot over the brow. Left ear looks angled or folded at the top edge. Possibly pale side beard.

enter image description here

ACP000dn1y - Series dated 6-7-2013 Found by  @Mokka

ACP000dn1v - In the preceding clip of this series containing the date, we can see that this chimp is a female and she is missing her right hand. She also has a prominant bald spot but only a quick look at her face. The hand seems to be severed in the same place, above the wrist, as the first chimp. Both chimps seem to have a slanted edge or a fold at the top edge of the left ear.

ACP000dn1v - No great previews of her face but here is her slanted or folded ear and her bald spot over her brow.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

Hey @Snorticus that´s great!! you have found her again!

I agree that this is the same female (I would say that it´s more than obvious 😉 ).

Do you want to give her a name?

thanks!!

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to NuriaM's comment.

Let's keep it short and name her Sal. Naming is getting progressively harder as we add chimps!

Thanks,

Dawna

Posted

Sal is short and great 😃

thanks Dawna !!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

ACP000dmuq - the chimp arriving on the left is missing the right hand. It might be Sal, but not much - besides the missing hand - is seen.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

thanks Anja,

I agree with you, this chimp looks like Sal. One of Sal´s distinctive traits is her prominant bald spot. In ACP000dmuq, more or less at sec.10, her bald spot is visible (on the left):

more thoughts?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

I would agree on Sal and while we're on it, I think the chimp entering on the right is our handsome Yakini. 😃

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Thanks Heidi, yes, I agree that this male is Yakini:

Yakini in ACP000dmvj

and this guy from ACP000dmur (same series, but video unclassified):

same bald patch shape, brows, coloration, body build, ears point out a bit. I even see two small bald patches (or white hairs) on both sides of their brows in both cases. What do guys you think?

Posted

ACP000dpuo - this female without a right hand should be Sal again. No face view possible here.

Posted

yes, no face view, but every other trait fits, thanks!

Posted

The adult in ACP000dn34 / ACP000dn36 behind the log is missing the right hand completely and looks like Sal.

Furthermore, in ACP000dmwi she is seen on the left (missing hand also well seen); now Vala and infant on the right. ACP000dmuj / ACP000dmuk / ACP000dmve (here Vala already identified) should be continuations. Sal still on same position on the left. ACP000dmvh here arm stup again visible. ACP000dmz7. ACP000dnad / ACP000dn51 now most left one and Eliot on the far right. Leaving in ACP000dn53 (Vala next to her grabs her kid).

Posted

ACP000dn9d standing and sitting down should be Sal, too. And ACP000dn9f, she is leaving (away from camera). Holding the arm close to body and gait show that it's her.

Posted

And here again: ACP000dn4z: Cassini already on log; Vala with infant from right; Sal from the left; Eliot from direction of camera. (Don't have a time stamp for this one.)

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

wow! what a great find!

Posted

ACP000dn7m - another one, Sal found and correctly identified by @charly03. See my comment for the others' identity.

Posted

Thanks Anja!

Posted

ACP000dmuk - I just recognized that next to Vala is Cassini (see the injured hand hanging) and on the far left should be Eliot (young male, finger problems).

ACP000dmz7 - Eliot also most left chimp

Posted

yes 😃

Posted

• lauraklynn by lauraklynn moderator

Here is another of Sal: ACP000dnwm

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to lauraklynn's comment.

Thanks Laura 😃

Posted

@Snorticus mentionned an injury in this clips ACP000dxae and ACP000dxaf

We can see a female with a missing right hand. Could be Sal but face is not well seen.Maybe someone knows her back/swelling better than I do?

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

She is Sal...if I modify the brightness of my display, I can see Sal´s prominent bald patch. All face traits fit.

Thanks!!

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000ds0j - Foreground chimp leaving appears to have an injury - a right arm with a missing hand like Sal. Sal seems to hold her right arm bent in this way and the end of her arm has a light patch.

ACP000dn34 - Compare to Sal here with light spot at end of her right arm and view of her head bowed changes the way her bald patch looks.

Posted

Due to the fact that Cassini has been at the stump in the previous minute (see ACP000drok) I'd rather say it's him leaving the place. I cannot see a hint of a swelling. It actually looks more like a male butt to me...? And he also has his right hand injured and walks like this.

Compare Cassini in ACP000dmpl

and foreground chimp in ACP000ds0j

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to Boleyn's comment.

Yes, I can see you're right about this, Heidi. Cassini fits better when I slow motion these two clips. Thanks 😃

Posted

Yes, he looks more like a male to me, and Cassini fits perfect. Thanks chicas, great job 😃

Posted