Chimp & See Talk

Blondie and Fanny: Match proposal for our blondie GSFem13

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Somehow I'm wondering why nobody came up with that proposal until now. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ The chimp lady with the blond head in videos ACP000dpm3 ACP000dpm4 ACP000dph8 from March 18th looks exactly like GSFem13. Same only slightly bent, protruding brows, white hair around the muzzle, wide nose close to the mouth etc.

The one in front of the trunk might be Siena with infant but I have to look into that more. For now I concentrate on GSFem13:

From ACP000dpm3

enter image description here

with the same funny infant with the polished looking head in ACP000dpm4

and walking to and sitting in the back in ACP000dph8

confirmed GSFem13 from January 21st:

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

@lauraklynn noted ACP000dpm3 as Gaia & @NuriaM agreed and added ACP000dpm1 in the Gaia discussion on pg. 3 but it doesn't seem to have been marked as definitely Gaia.

Full series: ACP000dpm1 ACP000dpm2 ACP000dpm3 ACP000dpm4

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000dph8 - You mentioned in the Gaia thread but @NuriaM expressed doubts about the infant size.

So - are we sure the very white headed female by the log is actually Gaia or do we have 2 similar looking individuals? I've been looking for a while and can't quite decide if it is just a difference of lighting.

The log gal's hair seems fluffier and lighter to me. Forest Gaia ACP000d9ky has a pronounced bald spot that I don't see in log chimp ACP000dpm3 but again, it could be a light effect or her head could be wet.

ACP000d9ky Forest Gaia ![enter image description here]
    (https://static.zooniverse.org/www.chimpandsee.org/subjects/56b1e0328f753200018f3d7d/previews/56b1e0328f753200018f3d7d_5.jpg)

ACP000dpm3 Log gal with white hair

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to Boleyn's comment.

@Boleyn - Agree with you that ACP000dpm3 ACP000dpm4 ACP000dph8 are all GSFem13 - Sorry I got sidetracked a bit! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I'm confused about whether these are also Gaia as had been previously discussed.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I just want to add here ACP000doi4 and ACP000drm8 (same day, on the two locations that we think are close). In agreement with descriptions by @Boleyn above. And I think rather GSFem13 than Gaia, but I am not entirely sure. My main arguments against Gaia would be that her infant seems to be bigger and the balding is different.

ACP000doi4

ACP000drm8

Posted

Thank you for your input, ladies!
    This Gaia / GSFem13 comparison is quite tough but I think @NuriaM came finally up with an own ID for GSFem13 because her infant is bigger in February than Gaia's in May.

Other than that I think GSFem13 has some more bright/blond hair also in the neck and her balding is less complete than that of Gaia. But as @Snorticus already pointed out it might just be the light. Maybe those two are close relatives?

Concerning @AnLands addition I also think it's rather GSFem13 than Gaia because of the size of the infant and the really blond head.

Posted

ACP000dpmn - This also looks like GSFem13 at the log again.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

ACP000dpm3 ACP000dpm4 ACP000dph8 = GSFem13

ACP000doi4 and ACP000drm8 = GSFem13

ACP000dpmn is GSFem13 again

not Gaia for the reasons that @Snorticus explains. Hair, baldness, head shape donยดt fit with Gaiaยดs but with GSFem13ยดs.

@Boleyn, it looks like we all agree...would you think of a name for this blondie mom? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Thank you @NuriaM, very kind!

Please bear with me but I need to name her Blondie. I'm calling her like this since the first time I've seen her and I couldn't find a Swahili expression for blond ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜„

The alternative would be Debbie after Debbie Harry, the Blondie singer but I like Blondie better.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

I love Blondie!! remember Blondieยดs "Heart of Glass" ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGU_4-5RaxU . I was only a small child when it was released, but it sounded constantly on the radio ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Great name!

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

โ™ซ โ™ช uh-uhhh o-ohhh โ™ซ ๐Ÿ˜‰

Posted

Blondie is great for this gal, good choice. Boleyn!

Posted

More of Blondie here ACP000dpht (already confirmed in video ACP000dphu of this series).

I think we might add also a tag for GSFem12 and infant to this video as well as to ACP000dphu. It's the same day and around half an hour earlier as the confirmed videos of both.

Posted

Thanks @Boleyn ,

yes, Blondie and GSFem12 (+infants) are seen in
    ACP000dpmn
    ACP000dphu
    ACP000dpht (I would rather not tag this video until it is classified)
    ACP000dpm3
    ACP000dpm4
    ACP000dph8

Posted

ooops, sorry, @NuriaM, I copied the wrong video. I had ACP000dphw for classification, not dpht. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Posted

ACP000dphw tagged ๐Ÿ˜‰

Posted

• midnightsun by midnightsun

ACP000dsb3 - this is Blondie I think. Do both kids belong to her?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to midnightsun's comment.

This looks very much like Blondie, you're right @midnightsun! As for the juvenile: good question! I actually think so although we (or I) haven't considered this possibilty yet. But in video ACP000dsjn we see that there are two infants and two juveniles around, so I think this must be her older offspring. But Llet's wait what @NuriaM means.

Posted

Another one of Blondie and GSFem12: ACP000dpfw just a little earlier than confirmed ACP000dph8

Posted

• lauraklynn by lauraklynn moderator

ACP000dscm

Family portrait ๐Ÿ˜ƒ:

Posted

thanks guys ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

ACP000dsb3 = Blondie

ACP000dpfw = Blondie

ACP000dscm = Blondie

As for the juveniles...here I need your help. Blondie is often seen with a juvenile, but not always. I have been checking the list, and to me this juvenile looks very much like GSJuv04:

GSJuv04 in ACP000ds1o , seen with GSFem11 and Katie:

juvenile seen with Blondie in ACP000dsb3 :

and in ACP000dscm , with Blondie too:

to me they all look the same, face traits fit, size too. I see like two spots above the quite straight brows in all cases. Juveniles often travel independently, but near their mothers, so the context could agree with my GSJuv04 theory...what do you guys think?

Posted

Absolutely, Nuria! This juvenile has quite the unique face. Given that Blondie's younger infant is also bald this juvenile could well be her offspring. I mean they look like siblings, don't they?

LOL @Lauraklynn, they really look as if they were posing for the family album ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Thanks Heidi ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

so if we all agree, we could name this juvenile too.

@midnightsun , you have found this juvenile in ACP000dsb3 , would you like to give us a name for:

GSJuv04, ACP000dsb3 , ACP000dscm ?

Posted

I agree to a match of the juvenile with Blondie in ACP000dsb3 and ACP000dscm, but Blondie isn't around in ACP000ds1o. And we did see Katie - who is present - with a juvenile of the same size and appearance quite close in ACP000dlwl. I would be careful here. Juveniles are hard to match and they often display similar traits at any one site (here again more pronouced baldness than in the Western sites). Without any clear traits, maybe better go with (close) association? Then I would vote for: ACP000dsb3 and ACP000dscm as Blondie's older offspring, but for ACP000ds1o and ACP000dlwl I would go with Katie's juvenile.

(I also think that if you compare the left ears, Katie's juvenile = GSJuv04 has a very oval ear close to the head. The new juvenile (Blondie's) ear stick out more the have a visible bridge).

GSFem11 has an infant and another juvenile close to her, so I think GSJuv04 belongs indeed to Katie.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Thanks Anja, you are right, although these juveniles are very alike, I guess itยดs better to be careful and accept them as different individuals with different females. So hereยดs what you think that would make sense:

Two matches:

1. The Katie context: GSJuv04 = ACP000dlwl

2. The Blondie context: ACP000dsb3 = ACP000dscm

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000dpfs - another part of Blondie series here.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

Thanks ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

ACP000do1a (found by @Corcaroli) - is a nice portrait of Blondie and her kids. Did we confirm the juveniles, or is the discussion still open? I am asking because no name is given and @midnightsun might be waiting for a decision about which to name. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Thanks Anja,

yes, this is Blondie again.

I think your suggestion is the most sensible, so I go for two matches:

GSJuv04 = ACP000dlwl (Katieยดs juv.)

ACP000dsb3 = ACP000dscm = ACP000do1a (Blondieยดs juv). This is the one where midnightsun took part (found ACP000dsb3 )

@midnightsun, do you want to give us a name for Blondieยดs juvenile?

Posted

I just checked and think, Blondie's juvenile is a female.

Posted

yes, but the video where you can see it is still unclassified: ACP000do1b

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

Yes, but this does not change her sex. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Posted

LOL! I know ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

LOL ...well, today you'll never know ... 8D ๐Ÿ˜›

Posted

Sorry for the delay, I was not sure how you wanted to proceed. For Blondie's older daughter I suggest Fanny (the composer). Thanks!

[For the only English speaking guys: you would pronounce "funny", but it's a very sweet name, I think; not a joke.]

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to midnightsun's comment.

I love it! Fanny Mendelssohn-Hensel, it is great that so important women are mentioned and honored here.

She was a great composer, but very often her pieces were thought to belong to her brother Felix. We women had always to fight against our invisibility, and this is a great chance that we have to give them the light that they always deserved.

I am an absolute ignorant about classical music, but I love her Notturno.

Thanks!!!!!

Posted

Great name! Love her music!

Posted

ACP000di14 - This is a pure guess, but I find them very much alike to Blondie's family. The balck-and-white makes it hard to see for sure the whitish hair, though.

Robust female with light head, a tringular face, protruded brows and a small infant. Another juvenile of Fanny's size is in the back. She has a gray back and a very small swelling like Blondie. I did not see the visibly hanging breasts with Blondie.

Posted

I agree that these are Blondi & co. :

Blondie in ACP000dsay :

and ACP000di13 :

as you say, sizes fit. Also, I see the same facial expression in Blondie.

More opinions?

Posted

As for Fanny, this is really hard, but:

Left ACP000di12 , right Fanny in ACP000dscm

Sizes fit, brows shape too. Both have puffy face sides...

Posted

I just came across another Blondie clip: ACP000dpft
    The other one seems to be GSFem12. I have no indication of time yet but it's probably around the same time as

Blondie in the back

GSFem12 in front

Posted

Thanks Heidi ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

More Blondie and friends found by @Batfan: ACP000dsb2

Posted

tagged...we are still waiting for the other femaleยดs name ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Posted

Yet another Blondie clip together with with GSFem12 and infants found by @Corcaroli: ACP000dpjt

Posted

Great!

video belonging to the Blondie + GSFem12 series, so no match to GSFem12 ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Posted

Time will come, Nuria! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

haha, always keep possitive...mostly when the winter is there and itยดs sooooo cold outside ๐Ÿ˜„

Posted

• lauraklynn by lauraklynn moderator

Here are Blondie and Fanny again ACP000dr8u

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to lauraklynn's comment.

Thanks Laura ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

ACP000dohk - the adult female looks like Blondie

Posted

thank you!

Posted

More of Blondie and Kiana and their families in ACP000dri7 found by @Jeni92127

Posted

thanks, a funny playschool ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

@Batfan found Blondie and family in ACP000drld and @AnLand in ACP000drlg ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

great! thanks ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

@lauraklynn found more of Blondie with infant and Fianna in ACP000dry8

Posted

you mean Fanny, right? Fianna is at Aged Violet ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Yes sure, sorry, I'm starting to mess up all these names ๐Ÿ˜„

Posted

no worries! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

@Corcaroli found a new video ACP000dqyq with Blondie and Kiana and their families. A peaceful wood-eating scene:

Posted

Yet another "the Blondie family" movie found by @Corcaroli ACP000dri0 ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

More of Blondie and Kiana and there families in ACP000drrl found by @charly03 and in ACP000drro found by @happyamy

Posted

Found by @midnightsun and commented: Blondie and family in ACP000dshe for sure ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Most likely also Kiana with offspring. Kiana is right behind Blondie. We only get a look at ther in a yet unclassified clip.

Posted

Thanks Heidi!

in ACP000dshe , I think the one behind the log is Bohr (confirmed in other clips of that series).

Posted

Blondie and infant as well as GSFem12 with infant in ACP000dpfo need confirmation. 8 minutes after last confirmed sequence. Thanks!

Posted

In ACP000ds73 ACP000ds74 ACP000ds75 we have Blondie and Kiana with their families.

Posted

Thanksssss ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Blondie and infant dropping by in ACP000dohp ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Danke!!

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000dpo2 @Batfan found Blondie. ACP000dpo1 - Blondie also here found by Anja and I don't know who the other chimp is, @NuriaM Do you?

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

Thanks Dawna!

these are part of the Blondie + GSFem12 sequece.

Posted

• puddock by puddock

The chimp at the front of this video is very grey - wondered if it could be Blondie?

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to puddock's comment.

hi @puddock , I have merged your discussion to the Green Snowflake board ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

yes, the chimp in ACP000ds0a is Blondie with her juvenile Fanny and with Loika (Kianaยดs juvenile). This video belongs to the series: ACP000ds03 / ACP000ds07 / ACP000ds0a

good eye!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• puddock by puddock

Great! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Anja suggested it now in the video and some time ago on page 4 of this thread: I support Blondie and family in ACP000di13

Posted

yes, Blondie and her kids ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

I want to ask something about ACP000di13 etc. for Blondie and family. I don't really question the match (it really looks like her), but I looked into the adjacent videos of this afternoon and thought a lot about all the other chimps there and I can't match them to any other chimp of Blondie's group. Not this one: ACP000dhc2. Not this one: ACP000dhp2 (no, not Eliot). Not this adolescent female: ACP000dhz2 (not Petra and the known "daughters" aren't so big).

In addition, in ACP000dh9f towards the end of this hour (time from spreadsheet), there are two researchers following a chimp. We've never seen any researchers with group 1, right? They should be Ngogo chimps, or?

I still think, she looks somehow like Blondie, but it's the only tagged b/w video of her as well.

So, what do we expect here. Can she even be Blondie or not?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to midnightsun's comment.

You might be up to something here, @midnightsun, the more I think about it the more I think that there is some inconsistency. I do also not fully question the match but here are my thoughts:

She seems to be with another group
    her legs should be brigther
    I can't see any hair on her head. Blondie's forehead is bald but she has very bright hair that can be seen also in frontal view
    She has a very bright nape
    her upper lip is full and wide
    her infant is completely bald
    Fanny's face is very dark with a brighter muzzle, so part of her face in the b/w coverage should be as dark as the adult's one.

now compare to:

Posted

Yes, I agree to that. Great find!

Posted

Wow, great detective job @midnightsun!

I agree that she might not be Blondie (although she really looks like her,)...as midnightsun mentions, the context doesnยดt fit, and also Heidi you are right about their traits. But we have some other white-headed chimps (males, like Bud) here and other sites, this trait is not that rare. So we have another white-headed female at GS apart from Blondie.

Hereยดs what Iยดll do: undo the match ACP000di12 / ACP000di13 / ACP000di14 / ACP000di15 = Blondie and family ,

and give them tempIDs: GSFem41 & GSInf41 + GSJuv17

thanks a million, that was a super find ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Heidi, can I ask you please to remove your hashtags in ACP000di12, ACP000di14 and ACP000di15 ?

Thanks ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

done ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Danke!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

ACP000dpr1 - I suggest that this is Fanny with Blondie's legs close to the tree. I know there is not much to see and the juvenile looks male (is Fanny a boy after all???), but the traits (size and round body of the juvenile, gray legs of the adult) fit Fanny and Blondie and in addition we know from other videos that the "fallen tree" location is very close and how directionality works between both places and Blondie and Fanny arrive at the fallen tree two minutes later in ACP000do1a, so that would work.

It's the only chimp video from that day at the fallen tree.

We need to check the time stamp again, when the new video is in the spreadsheet.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Your argumentation makes sense to me. Compare the tuft in the following video ACP000do1b. It really looks alike and built and belly fit ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

absolutely,

Above Fannyยดs tuft there is a round spot:

Fanny in ACP000do1b :

and ACP000dpr1 :

thank you ladies ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

ACP000dr0r - this little nightchimp seems to be Fanny. Blondie's family is here recorded until 30 minutes before. Body size and roundness as well as visible traits would agree.

Posted

sorry, I canยดt tell. Could be, the context could make sense, but itยดs nevertheless very uncertain.

Fanny has a small bald patch above her tuft ( ACP000do1c )

which I canยดt see in ACP000dr0r :

Posted

Sorry, I can't tell either. I'm not even sure if they have the same size. Fanny's legs seem to be a little longer?

Posted

thanks ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

This looks like Fanny in the background and Loika coming forward in ACP000dohk ACP000dohl ACP000dohm ACP000dohn Fanny only in the first and the last clip. Loika's dark face can be seen shortly in first video.

Fanny is pretty clear when you compare her to this still:

Posted

More of Fanny I assume in ACP000doi4 ACP000doi5 ACP000doi6 Face is pretty well seen. No good still though.
    Blondie just went by in the first clip.

Posted

Another Blondie video ACP000dokk with Infant and Fanny

Posted

This juvenile looks like Fanny in ACP000dqdl. It's the end of that busy scene at the water hole and she was here in the previous minutes. The still above is from that scene.

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

I agree on Fanny in ACP000dohk and ACP000dohm , in ACP000doi4 ACP000doi5 ACP000doi6 and in ACP000dqdl and on the whole family in ACP000dokk . Blondieยดs back fits and Fannyยดs face and round bodybuild are visible. In addition we see his funny ears ๐Ÿ˜ฎ) (Sorry, this is really daft but I couldnยดt contain myself.)

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

And Loika: Ear, back and bodybuild fit. Also Fanny being a little bit afraid of her. See ACP000ds73

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to HeikeW's comment.

Thanks for the support, Heike ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I like daft: how could I forget this special smiley with the cute schnapps nose ๐Ÿ˜ฎ) I used to use it all the time...or how about ๐Ÿ‘‚ ๐Ÿ‘‚ ๐Ÿ‘‚ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ)

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ˜„

Posted

I need a Fanny ๐Ÿ‘‚ expert here. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Does this look like Blondies daugther (edit: son ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ) in ACP000dozf with the odd ear and the tuft with the white extension up the back?

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Please be aware that Fanny is male!

Best comparison with ACP000dqsq - yes, should be Fanny.

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW in response to Boleyn's comment.

No, sorry, this ear is not odd, itยดs Fanny ๐Ÿ˜„

Posted

Thanks!
    hehe...I didn't notice that, a boy with a girls name then ๐Ÿ˜„

Posted

• Buzharevski by Buzharevski scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Looks like Fanny to me too ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

enter image description here ACP000dohk

I think Loika proposed in ACP000dohk ACP000dohl ACP000dohm ACP000dohn is still open. I saw that I wrote down the wrong link for the argument that Fanny is afraid of her. It should have been ACP000ds74 ๐Ÿ˜•

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to HeikeW's comment.

Thanks Heike for bringing this up again.

Antonio could you please check for Loika and Fanny in the mentioned videos just above? Thanks a lot!

Posted

More to confirm/discuss:

Another Blondie video ACP000dokk with GSInf13 and Fanny

More of Fanny in ACP000doi4 ACP000doi5 ACP000doi6 Face is pretty well seen and the white part on her (edit: his ๐Ÿ˜›) back above the tuft. No good still though. Blondie goes by in the first clip.

Posted

• lauraklynn by lauraklynn moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Agree with Fanny (and GSInf13) in ACP000dokk

ACP000doi4... I agree with Fanny here also. That right ear is quite distinct in addition to the characteristics already listed for him.

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

enter image description here This is only a reminder for tagging this true love ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Still more work: Fanny, Blondie and GSInf13 in ACP000dokk still need confirmation.

And for Fanny in ACP000doi4 ACP000doi5 ACP000doi6. Blondie, his mother, is already confirmed in ACP000doi4.

And finally Loika and Fanny in ACP000dohk ACP000dohl ACP000dohm ACP000dohn

Thanks!

Posted

• Buzharevski by Buzharevski scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Tagged ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to Buzharevski's comment.

Thanks Antonio!
    What about the first two lines in my last post? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Posted

Thanks for pointing these out! Tagged ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Great, thanks, and un**starred ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted