Chimp & See Talk

Are these chimps known?

• AmandaCoganBarber by AmandaCoganBarber

Are these chimps known and named? There are two adult males and one adult female carrying young. The last male stops and looks at the Camera. I'd like to be considered in naming them if not. Thanks.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Hi Amanda,

As this is a new video that you found, we need to discuss their identities. So we see here a robust adult male with a grayish back, and an adult female, also with a gray back, a small swelling, a bit rounded back and big belly, carrying a quite small infant dorsally, i.e., on the back. Last walking is a quite young (late adolescent) male.

Unfortunately, we do not have any face view, but from the young male and I do not see any clear traits (scar, damaged ears, missing limbs). It's gonna be hard, I think. But we should definitely look into the young male!

We have Eliot as a young male and I remember these two videos ACP000do8r and ACP000dl90 where we have a male that looks younger. (I actually think that we see Eliot also in ACP000do8r and ACP000dl90, together with Vala, and see the three some them together also at the other location e.g. in ACP000dks4).

So, what do you and others think?

I will move the thread to the Green Snowflake discussion board!

Cheers, Anja.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Also in February 5 ( ACP000do8r ) it seems to be Eliot and he is already confirmed at the other location in ACP000drca. I would add ACP000dsnt to that (same day, some minutes later) where we see his face well. (But the time frame here is really tight.)

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

thanks guys!

Anja, I think we see Vala in ACP000dks4 . I need more opinions though.

ACP000dl90 : don´t know, I think I see his left index.

ACP000do8r : I´m not sure, I can´t see his hands well.

ACP000dsnt : agreed, that´s Eliot

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

thanks @AmandaCoganBarber for ACP000d3gw . As @AnLand says, we need two videos of the same individual to claim a match and to give him/her a name. But for the moment I can give this young guy a temporary ID: #GSMale08 😃

Posted

• hoothoot by hoothoot

ACP000dl90 : it's hard to see his fingers there

ACP000do8r : agreed, no left index

ACP000dsnt : agreed

Also, ACP000d3gw could be Eliot, the blotches on the eye mask would fit

Posted

• Buzharevski by Buzharevski scientist, moderator

I agree for Eliot in ACP000dl90, ACP000do8r, ACP000dsnt. Not sure about ACP000d3gw.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Thanks guys, @hoothoot please note, when you find an old discussion with proposals, please check all the mentioned videos if they are not already tagged with the supposed chimps. In this case here, no. 1, 2 and 4 were already agreed on long time ago and no. 3 we cleared just 6 days ago. Sorry, it's sometimes difficult to keep track of all the open discussions and to thin on "un-starring ** them and putting in a note when they are solved. Hope it didn't cause too much work 😕

Posted

• hoothoot by hoothoot in response to Boleyn's comment.

It didn't, don't worry. I will have an extra careful eye out in the future if chimps are already tagged 😉
    Given the amount, I can totally understand that not all discussions are always present in mind and that the tagging in the gazillion of videos is not always up to date with knowledge recently gained in threads.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

The big male with grey back here in ACP000d3gw seems to be Lonn. In this clip I can clearly see the dark wedge above his butt, the low hanging testies as well as the protruding, upwards pointing muzzle right at the beginning. Size and grey back fits as well as the group with Vala and Eliot. Frinton would be more stocky and Yakini... well you know 😉

enter image description here

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

enter image description here
    ACP000d3gw .................................................................................................... ACP000czfx Lonn

I agree that this is the typical Lonn - snout. 😃 (and won´t comment this wedgy panda - bottom) 😎

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to HeikeW's comment.

😄

Posted

• Buzharevski by Buzharevski scientist, moderator in response to HeikeW's comment.

Gonna tag Lonn for the adult male 😃

Posted

• Buzharevski by Buzharevski scientist, moderator in response to HeikeW's comment.

With this I believe I can unstar this thread 😃

Posted