Chimp & See Talk

Bohr: New male?

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

For the new guy in ACP000dmpl discussed briefly in Cassini's thread - I think they both spent time together also (on the same day) at the other camera. I can see the shiny spot other the new guy's right brow. He has slightly wavy brows (but not much), ears seem to be OK. He has a bit of a whitish beard and a gray back.

enter image description here

ACP000dqzm
    ACP000dryv
    ACP000dryx
    ACP000ds2t
    ACP000ds60
    ACP000dr4g
    ACP000dria
    ACP000dric
    ACP000drho
    ACP000drhq
    ACP000dryt
    ACP000drg7
    ACP000drq5
    ACP000drxa
    ACP000drx0
    ACP000ds9w

It's quite far in that new sequence and he is often hidden behind the tree stump

I also considered Yakini, but his listed traits do not really fit and I can't make up my mind.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Nice one and I think the white spot really does give him away. He's not Yakini of this I'm sure. Yakini's brow line is very short and he has more white and grey hairs around the face which make him look much older than this guy here.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

I don´t think that this is Yakini for the reasons that you expose.

But you have my absolute support for GSUNCLEAR07 😃

The context agrees with male (no infants or juveniles near), but I can´t see any obvious evidence...can you?

Anja, you have found another match, and you have done an awesome detective job...would you like to propose a name for GSUNCLEAR07 ?

Posted

Let's name him Bohr.

Posted

I like Bohr, thanks Anja!

Posted

ACP000dmkk - more from these guys 😃

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

great name 😃

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000dmmk - Here is Bohr again at the watering hole. Right side bald spot, whitish beard. His lower back and back of legs look yellowish, pale.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

I agree with you, this white spot is very distinctive:

Left: Bohr ( ACP000dmpl ), right ACP000dmmk :

This is a still taken from the next video ( ACP000dmml , still unclassified):

Thanks!

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

hmm... I don't think that this is Bohr in ACP000dmmk and ACP000dmml This is Yakini as identified 3 minutes later in ACP000dmlp and ACP000dmlq

Head shape, the grey back color and especially the brows are typically Yakini. The bare spot on the head in the pic above on the right is Yakini's bald spot. It's almost in the middle while Bohr's bald spot is on the right of his forehead.

Additionally ACP000dmnr from the same sequence shows also Yakini.

Tagged as Bohr but looks like Yakini

confirmed Yakini in ACP000dmlp (Bohr at the right in this clip compare to ACP000dmlo not yet classified)

Bohr's back is much less grey than Yakini's, compare here, Bohr left, Yakini right:

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

oh, you are right!! in the unclassified ACP000dmlo you can see both, Yakini on the left and Bohr on the right:

thanks for checking!!!

Posted

This looks like Bohr in ACP000drpu found by @happyamy

Don't know about the second chimp though...

Posted

I think the nightchimp in ACP000dh64 / ACP000dh65 is Bohr. The white mark on the right side above the eyebrows is well seen. The brows are not much protruded. (This might be the same sequence as ACP000dhkr where I think we see Cassini. They would add some certainty, I think. But I can't find a time stamp for ACP000dhkr and we need to wait for the official list to synchronize.)

Posted

hmmm...I'm not sure if this really is Bohr. Compared to this pic in a likewise angle the brows don't look wide enough and a little too much bent. The hair (head and lower back) seems to be a bit too gray for Bohr as well?

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000dh64 / ACP000dh65 is definitely in the same sequence with Cassini in ACP000dhkr as the backgrounds are identical.

ACP000d129 - Compare to this Bohr profile which looks similar with jutting lower jaw. The blurred movement in the B&W preview may be minimizing the brow?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

Sorry @Snorticus I'm not convinced. Brows and color really remind me more of Yakini than Bohr. Compare with cutout from video ACP000dr62 (Bohr left, Yakini right) There's almost no grey in Bohr's lower back and Yakini has about the same profile and definitley a grey back. I would not insist that this nightchimp really is Yakini. In my eyes he seems to be just closer to him than to Bohr.

It would be great to read some more opinions. Thanks!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Yes, I can see your point.

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to Boleyn's comment.

Blurry nightchimps are difficult 😕 The small close together eyes look Yakini-like & the lower back looks pretty light. The flatter brow would be like Yakini too. The muzzle maybe doesn't seem round & short enough for Yakini?

Posted

Thank you both!

It might be another chimps' muzzle @Snorticus or maybe it's just the angle or an individual behaviour. It's so difficult with those nightchimps! 😛 Maybe I should try to find a Photoshop routine that converts night images into daylight pics 😄

Posted

• lauraklynn by lauraklynn moderator

ACP000ds2l @AnLand says Bohr and I agree. I just classified this ealrier in the sequence ACP000ds2f, which includes Cassini as well.

Posted

Thanks Heidi,

the second one in ACP000drpu is Cassini (confirmed in the following clips).

Posted

ACP000dh64 / ACP000dh65 : he reminds me more of Yakini. I sometimes found it hard to tell them apart, but in this case, although nightchimps are tricky, I see Yakini´s brows and mostly light back.

Cassini follows in ACP000dhkr 😃

Thanks!!

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to lauraklynn's comment.

Thanks Laura 😃

Posted

Looks like Bohr and Cassini in ACP000dr8i & ACP000dr8i They are better seen in the following clips (not yet classified) and are confirmed in the sequence. But since this sequence is quite apart I need confirmation. Thanks!

Posted

do you mean ACP000dr8h & ACP000dr8i ? agreed 😃

Posted

Yes I do, sorry Nuria, copy/paste with no correction of last digit 😛

Posted

@Singing_Ginger found this video ACP000dr65 and I think it's now safe to ID the one in front of the log as Bohr. The chimp behind has already been identified as Cassini in the sequence. Somewhere in the middle also Bohr is IDed already.

The first video we have so far of this scene is ACP000dqzz (around From there on I think it's always those two until ACP000dr67 and ACP000drgy Cassini alone and then leaving.

Posted

thanks Heidi,

I have checked the whole series, and I agree that it shows Cassini and Bohr. Tagged 😃

Posted

Could this be Bohr in videos ACP000drxn ACP000drxp ACP000drxr ? Massive bulit, only very little grey, slightly curved brows. I don't see the white spot on his forehead but that is probably a temporary thing.

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to Boleyn's comment.

Agree with @Boleyn that this is Bohr.

ACP000drxn - proposed as Bohr

ACP000dse9 - tagged Bohr

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

yes, I agree. The white spot is not always clearly seen in all Bohr´s videos. So this must be something temporary.

Thanks!

Posted

The chimp behind the tree in ACP000drp1 patting (?) Vala when she leaves looks like Bohr. Maybe it's his rough way of saying goodbye?The juvenile is probably Jamie as Cleo is also in the video.

Posted

Absolutely, Bohr and Jamie. See ACP000droz when Jamie comes in with Cleo and her infant.

Thanks!

Posted

Videos ACP000dmot and ACP000dmot are tagged with Bohr. Looking at the first video of this series ACP000dmos I'm not sure that this really is Bohr. The brows are not rounded enough at the temple, the ear looks different, the balding a bit wider and the muzzle is not grey enough. In general he looks smaller and slimmer than Bohr. He reminds me more of Oden or even Cassini but his right hand seems to be ok. Maybe I'm just looking too much into it but my intuiton says no 😃 What do you think?

The one drinking at the beginning looks like Paddy. He's confirmed in the previous minute but still needs your ok.

left male from ACP000dmos / right Bohr

Posted

You might be right.

Posted

these are my thoughts:

ACP000dmqr / t / v = Cassini. I see his twisted right hand at the end of ACP000dmqv

ACP000dmqx = Cassini, Paddy (confirmed) and no idea about the other one in the background.

ACP000dmos / t / u = don´t know about the one drinking in ACP000dmos , Paddy and the one that you guys refer to, tagged as Bohr but corrected, I agree on Oden

what do you guys think?

Posted

Sorry I missed this: chimp arriving in ACP000dmos and drinking in ACP000dmot and ACP000dmou is Oden, no doubt!

Now to Bohr:
    I think it's him at the tree in ACP000dtby ACP000dtbz ACP000dtc0 and ACP000dtc1
    Body built and color fit Bohr and although there's only a sideview of the face I think I recognize him.

What do others think?

Posted

He looks like Bohr to me too...small eyes and thin curved brows. I can´t see well if he has a white beard like Bohr, but I suspect he does. Thoughts?

Posted

@midnightsun found this video ACP000dhi7 and suggests Bohr. What do you think, Nuria? First I thought the back looks too bright but compared to the daylight pic it could be him, I think. Size would fit as well. Some other chaps of group 1 are around within about 20 minutes in ACP000dh64 ACP000dh65 and ACP000dhkr.

Supposed Bohr:

Bohr's back in daylight

Posted

I have my doubts about Bohr...I think Bohr is a bit more robust, and his face rounder.

I tried to change the color of a Bohr´s pic to see if I could figure it out a bit...

left Bohr in ACP000d127 (color modified) , right ACP000dhi7

I don´t know how helpful or confusing it is, but to me there are clear differences in their face pigmentation. Also, Bohr´s ears are not clearly seen, unlike the guy in ACP000dhi7. The color pattern of their backs also looks quite different: I´m not sure if the new guy´s back is grey, or if this lighter part is a consequence of the camera flash; when he first enters, his back looks homogeneously dark, and it goes lighter as he walks closer to the camera. Their body build and hind legs look different too: the new guy looks thinner in general than Bohr...

Posted

But what about Eliot?

left Eliot in ACP000drtw , center Eliot in ACP000dma9 (color modified), right ACP000dhi7

I can´t see clearly if there are fingers missing, but if you watch the clip at slow motion between sec. 3 and 4, there seems to be something missing in his left hand...or am I seeing things? :S

What do you think Heidi?

Posted

• midnightsun by midnightsun

I am not sure whether I still can jump in this discussion or this is a moderator thing between you two 😉 but I am quite sure that this isn’t Eliot. This nightchimp is not a slim late adolescent in my opinion. He is more massive and I still think Bohr is a better fit. The slightly grey back would also speak against Eliot as is the missing balding that Eliot has.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to midnightsun's comment.

of course you can jump in this discussion!! we are very happy to read your opinions, in fact, that is exactly what we need. So thanks a million, and please, jump into any discussion you might feel like jumping in 😃

interesting...so you think he goes more in the Bohr´s direction...don´t you think that he looks a bit leaner than Bohr?

any more thought?

Posted

• midnightsun by midnightsun in response to NuriaM's comment.

Can I suggest in this case that you don't address only specific people here on the discussion board like this:

What do you think Heidi?

What do you think, Nuria?

I find it hard to differentiate what moderators can do and what everybody can do. For instance, I also got some direct messages here a while ago that I should never tag any chimp names and days later another one that I can tag chimp names within the same minute. That is irritating and I see the same ambiguity now in the matching discussions.

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

Hi @midnightsun - thanks so much for your feedback! I think it is really helpful 😃

Sorry about the ambiguity - chimp&see is a work in progress so we often do not have hard and fast rules and as people come and go from the platform sometimes things get lost in communication - sorry about this!

please feel very free to bring this up anytime. we always want to have an as inclusive as possible environment!

are the tagging rules clearer now?

thanks again 😃

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to midnightsun's comment.

Sorry for the confusion, @midightsun!

As for the adressing of Nuria: I asked her specifically because she is the SciMod for Greensnowflake. We need three people to agree on a match, and because you proposed it and I supported it I asked Nuria to close the deal. Now that she's not ok with it, the discussion is of course open again. It is even open when we decided on a match because we always might overlook something and revise our decisions. 😃

The name tagging was my fault and I think I already apologized for the confusion.

The problem with the face pigmentation I think is that it's not the same when a picture is taken at night and when you change a color pic to b/w. That's also the reason why I'm having problems with identifying faces in night pics. They just look too different to me.

Anyway, may we have some more opinions about this chimp beeing Bohr or Eliot or neither of them? Thanks a lot!

Posted

hi @midightsun ,

sorry for the confusion. As Heidi explains, I was in this case needed to close the discussion or to leave it open.

Just for clarification, you guys can ALWAYS participate in discussions, anyone, any thread, and this is actually the main tool that we have to identify chimps. It´s not about only two people discussing about something. If I or someone addresses to someone in particular, in a public thread, it doesn´t mean that no one else can jump in, but that s/he needs someone´s particular opinion that is of interest to everyone. For the private conversations we have our private mails 😃

I will of course proceed more cautiously when it comes to addressing to enyone in particular, so that no one feels excluded, so please don´t feel intimidated by personal mentions.

Thanks for pointing this out, I hope this helps more people 😉

Posted

We need more opinions about Bohr or Eliot in ACP000dhi7

Heidi and @midnightsun go for Bohr

I go for Eliot (but I´m not completely sure...)

thoughts?

Posted

I'm still voting for Bohr. I think if it was Eliot his back ought to be completely black. Also the built seems more massive than Eliots'.

Actually I came here for another case: ACP000dsh3
    We suppose Bohr behind the log and I think we can be sure now because he's confirmed in the sequence before and after. From ACP000dshb to ACP000dsh8 in the spreadsheet.

Thanks!

Posted

Yes, the nightchimp should be Bohr. Eliot is not so robust. All traits fit with Bohr.

Posted

Great, thanks!

Bohr wins 😃

Posted

yes Heidi, I guess it´s safe to tag Bohr in that sequence, thanks 😃

Posted

The one on the right in videos ACP000dmw6 ACP000dmw7 ACP000dmw8 and ACP000dmw9 looks like Bohr. Butt and face best seen in first and last clip.😃

Posted

yessss, our "fat-bottomed Bohr" 😄

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

ACP000dr9j Bohr .................................................... ACP000dtbz Bohr proposed ............................. ACP000dre6 Bohr

I think this is still open: Bohr agreed by Heidi and Nuria on page 4in this thread, in ACP000dtby ACP000dtbz ACP000dtc0 ACP000dtc1

I agree 😃

Posted

Thank you Heike, you are a "Goldschatz". Since Nuria agreed, I tagged him.

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

😮)

Posted