Chimp & See Talk

**Brownish lady with max swelling

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

As I had already the second video ACP000d6qr ACP000d6qt for classification with this same female chimp, I'd like to bring her to discussion. In order to have some good face shots I took some pics from the not yet classified video ACP000d6qu for the collage. Videos are from 17/1/13

She is brownish in color with a slightly brighter back and thighs. Almost straight, protruding brows, deep-set eyes, flat nose, round muzzle. Triangular balding which seems to be larger when seen in different light. The right ear seems to be pointy the left looks as if it's having a fold. Quite special is her swelling (max at this time) with a black protuberance.

enter image description here

When looking her up for a possible match the only one that would fit is GSFem08. The face shot of GSfem08 is taken in different light and from a different angle but I think the main features do look the same, especially with the half-profile pic behind the tree. She'e also having a fold in her left ear, her back is also lighter and she has a protruding, very similar swelling (videos are 7 months apart, 20/8/13 fro GSFem08).

Looking forward to your opinions! Thanks 😃

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Hm, spontaneously, I don't see it, but I will have a closer look.

Just to clarify, the lady above in ACP000d6qr ACP000d6qt ACP000d6qu is the same female that we matched recently to GSFem05 (still without a name, ACP000d60m and ACP000d60n). The juvenile is just not around in these clips. Is this what you are suggesting? A match of GSFem05 with GSFem08, or do you question the other match?

Posted

Oh I see, yes, of course, that's GSFem05. I was not aware that there could be videos of her without her infant. I do not question the match with GSFem05 but a match with GSFem08 could be all the more possible if she's also been seen without infant (as GSFem08 seems to be). I found the swelling and the pattern on her back along with the ears strikingly similar. Maybe I have to do some "arrow work" like Nuria does 😃

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

hmmm. so you think that Hasina (formerly GSFem05) is GSFem08, right?

I think their faces are a bit different; Hasina´s brows look a bit thinner and v-shaped than GSFem08´s. Also, Hasina´s face look rounder, with more hair on the sides...But you are right about her right ear ( some arrow work dedicated to you 😃 )

Hasina in ACP000d6ai

GSFem08 in ACP000cuvy :

what do you think?

Posted

Thank you for the arrows Nuria! 😃

When I look at a pic of Hasina in front of the tree, her brows seem to be as thick as GSFem08's brows. Re the ear I was also referring to the left ear. Both have an irregularity in it I'm quite sure but the video quality is not good enough 😦 but together with the same back pattern and swelling I thought they might be the same. But it's definitely difficult to compare those two ladies and I do not insist on it 😃

and GS Fem08

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

yep, this case is not easy at all...

anymore thoughts? could GSFem08 be Hasina?

Posted

• hoothoot by hoothoot

I think Hasina's face is broader, her bald patch is more like a rounded triangle, while GSFem08's face is narrower and her bald spot more triangular. Also there seems to be something off about her left ear, something I don't see in Hasina's ears

Posted