Chimp & See Talk

Vala + infant, Eliot and Oden

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

To not mess up more threads: here are Eliot and Vala with infant alerted to something. I just find the video interesting. The sequence of the three together is longer.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

Thank you Anja!!

here´s the whole sequence:

ACP000dr2x
    ACP000dr2y
    ACP000dr2z
    ACP000dr30
    ACP000ds69
    ACP000ds6a
    ACP000ds9m
    ACP000ds9o
    ACP000ds9p
    ACP000drht
    ACP000drhu
    ACP000drh6
    ACP000dsps
    ACP000drlp
    ACP000drls
    ACP000dqzp
    ACP000dqzs
    ACP000dskj
    ACP000dskk
    ACP000dr98
    ACP000dsg9
    ACP000dsgd

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

I think we have Vala at the right and her infant walking on the log in ACP000dmve and in ACP000dmvg

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

absolutely! Vala´s brows give her sort of a "sweet-gentle look", she always makes me smile 😃

Posted

oops, sorry @AnLand, I took the wrong Vala thread to post this. Would you like me to delete it as not to mess it up?

Posted

No problem!

Here another one ACP000do0q

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Yes, the "heart-melter" female Vala ❤

Posted

• lauraklynn by lauraklynn moderator

I want to say this is Vala and Eliot here again? ACP000dl2y

Posted

ACP000dtjz The chimp in front looks like Vala: round muzzle, brows, ears, balding fit I think. Her infant might be in front of her.

enter image description here

Vala together with Eliot in ACP000drls

Is it only me or does someone else think that Vala and Eliot could be mother and son?

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

I don't know who this individual is, but I can't really see Vala here. The brows are missing the higher arc and the hair seems to be grayish. I also cannot see any nipples, so I kind of guess that it is a male.

Posted

What about this guy for the new individual (here proposed as Vala)? ACP000drmt (But I am not sure. I thought about him before, but can't make up my mind. Balding and grayish head hair would agree. Face color, brows, and ears are a bit lighter. I am uncertain about the form of the brows. Paddy also here present.)

New guy in ACP000dtjz

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to AnLand's comment.

ACP000drmt - These look like the same chimp to me in very different light. The slight furrow in the brow is harder to see in the flat hazy light of ACP000dtjz but it's there. Both have a very round bald spot and the large nostrils, similar muzzle shape catches the light below the nose, ears look intact and similar shape and position on the head.

To me the brows in ACP000dtjz chimp don't seem angled in the way Vala's are.

Posted

In ACP000dryp and ACP000dryq I think we still have Eliot and Vala with infant. All three have been confirmed 20 minutes earlier at the same place. In the first clip we can see the huge tuft of the infant which is likely to belong to Vala's infant.

To me it looks as if the infant is just going to be nursed. What do you think?

Posted

I agree with Anja and Dawna; I think the guy in ACP000dtjz is not Vala, but a new unclear (looks like male to me though). GSUNCLEAR08, and I am pretty sure that the ind. in ACP000drmt (seen with Paddy too) is GSUNCLEAR08.

as Dawna says, the light is very different and it could lead to confusion, but there are certain traits that convince me, like left brow having like a knot or cut, and some wrinkles on the sides of the upper lip and under the eyes:

left, GSUNCLEAR08 in ACP000dtjz , right ACP000drmt

What do you think Heidi?

Posted

ACP000dryp and ACP000dryq : I agree on Eliot, but have no idea about the other two 😕

and looks like nursing to me 😃

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

It's a bit hard to tell since the light is quite different. I can see the same balding pattern, the brows could fit too. If you are confident enough pls. go ahead!

I tried to find another face view of the the chimp in ACP000drmt in the spreadsheet. I think the male seen with Paddy some minutes earlier (from 10:02 to 10:11) is the same chimp. So at least we could tell it's a male. 😃

Posted

Great!

I was thinking of asking @Orohena for a name for GSUNCLEAR08; she hasn´t participated in this thread in particular, but she is very helpful in the classification 😃

Posted

I'd like to claim this thread back for Vala and Eliot because we see them so often together 😃

@AnLand suggest Eliot in this clip ACP000du2w

I support that because we have most likely Eliot and Vala and infant in the sequence 1 minute before this video in ACP000dvas ACP000dvat ACP000dvau

Posted

Thanks Heidi, I agree too.

Tagged 😃

Posted

• Orohena by Orohena

Thank you Nuria !
    I would like to name GSUNCLEAR08: Oden

Hope you will like it 😃

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Orohena's comment.

Great!! I love Oden , thanks!!

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

love a viking name 😄

Posted

Those might be Vala and infant and Eliot again in ACP000dl6r and ACP000dl6u but hard to see the details. Eliot is confirmed here three minutes later so I think at least he could be tagged?

Posted

That´s Vala with her baby. I had suspected it some time ago, but now that more videos have come up, I am sure.

tagged, thanks!

Posted

Videos ACP000dr5t and ACP000dr5z feature Eliot and Vala with infant behind the log. Her face is best seen in ACP000dr5t

Posted

Nuria, do you agree that this is the start of the Eliot / Vala & infant sequence? ACP000dl23

If yes, we can tag the entire series until the first confirmed video ACP000dkwt 30 minutes later. Thanks 😃

Posted

We have another Eliot and Vala and infant confirmed series starting with ACP000dks0 and ACP000dky0

Thus I think also the following videos show them because Vala was again cornfirmed later in this clip ACP000dkof

The clips are: ACP000dl3f ACP000dkx0 ACP000dkx2 ACP000dkz0 ACP000dkqz ACP000dkp1 ACP000dkp3 ACP000dkp5 ACP000dkzr ACP000dkzu ACP000dl1j ACP000dl1k ACP000dl1l

Then they seem to have come back a while later in ACP000dl2w ACP000dl2x ACP000dl2y (Eliot confirmed in the last clip).

In some of the clips I already tagged Eliot since he was already confirmed but need your ok for Vala. Thanks!

Posted

Thanks so much!

just one tiny thing, the one in ACP000dl2x is not Eliot but Vala (Eliot is seen behind the log in the next clip: ACP000dl2y ) 😃

Posted

Videos ACP000dtgf and ACP000dtgh could be Vala and infant I think:

Posted

Thanks Heidi, I agree that this is Vala,

Remember this thread where Mimi mentioned a possible growth in her right hand? https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000v/discussions/DCP0002aak :

Vala in ACP000dq96 found by Mimi:

ACP000dtgh , there is something weird in her right middle finger too:

Posted

Yes, I see what you mean, but the odd looking thing seems to be the middle knuckle while in Mimi's video it looks like the part where the finger connects to the hand. Maybe a temporary swelling or just a bump from the pressure?

Posted

Those brows certainly look like Valas' 😃 in ACP000dnwa ACP000dnwb ACP000dnwc ACP000dnwd

Posted

Yes, that´s Vala 😃

Posted

In video ACP000dtbu we see a female with an infant arriving at the tree. In the next videos ACP000dtbv ACP000dtbw ACP000dtbx the infant is not seen but the females' face and I think it's Vala.

One minute later according to spreadsheet she's joined by Eliot in ACP000dtku and ACP000dtkv ACP000dtkw ACP000dtkx

Posted

agreed, Vala & infant and Eliot 😃

Posted

ACP000d3gw - I think we do see here Vala and GSInf04, followed by Eliot (i.e., Eliot is GSMale08). The traits are consistent, but we only have back view and the face of the young male in a distance. No idea, who the first chimp is.

Posted

agreed.

Vala´s back in ACP000dl8z

and Eliot´s back in ACP000dl3k

the infant´s size fit, Vala´s back coloration, Eliot´s back coloration and context (Eliot is mostly seen with Vala).

female´s back in ACP000d3gw

and male´s back in ACP000d3gw

more thoughts?

Posted

Yes, I agree on Vala and infant (also because of the huge tuft) and Eliot.

Posted

Great!

thanks 😃

Posted

In videos ACP000dtoz ACP000dtp1 ACP000dtp3 & ACP000dtp5 I think we have Vala with infant? She's been IDed here 20 minutes earlier. Thanks!

Posted

Sure! this is Vala with her baby.

Thanks!!

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

@Corcaroli found ACP000dpo6 today. ACP000dpo8 - CP000dpoc - @AnLand marks as Vala & GSInf04

Not sure who arrives at top of frame.

Posted

I totally agree on Vala and her cute boy!

Posted

so do I 😃

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

Some more Vala & infant at the water hole sequence on 2-05-13 at 14:29

ACP000dobb - ACP000dobf - ACP000dobh

Unsure who the male is.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

thanks Dawna 😃

I was thinking of Eliot, but I´m not sure...

Posted

I was thinking of Eliot too: bright muzzle, dark back, size (a bit smaller than Vala) and following her... 😃

Posted

Great! thanks 😃

what do you think Dawna? could he be Eliot?

Posted

Eliot´s back in ACP000dlvx

and the guy with Vala in ACP000dobh

Posted

In video ACP000dmdy Anja tagged GSInf04. It's likely to be Vala's infant but I somehow miss the confirmation here. Vala has been confirmed at this place in ACP000dm6u almost an hour earlier.

It's also seen in ACP000dmdy and in ACP000dme2 there's also a glimps of an adult chimp, probably Vala.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

There is actually no tag in ACP000dmdy, neither from me, nor someone else.

Posted

Heidi, could you please check what video you mean? ACP000dmdy is still untagged 😉

Posted

ahh...sorry, I copied the wrong video in this minute, I meant ACP000dme0 😕

Posted

thanks, now I see what you mean.

Anja, I understand that you suspect this infant to be Vala´s: the context might fit and there is a glimpse of the adult´s hand in ACP000dmdy ...we have already seen this "swollen" middle finger of Vala somewhere 😕 . But there´s no clear sign of Vala in any of the videos of that long sequence that have come up so far. Would you mind to delete the # character in ACP000dme0 , but keep GSInf04 until we get to see clear evidence of Vala?

Or maybe you have already found that evidence...what made you be sure that this infant is Vala´s ?

thanks!!

Posted

In ACP000dt6u and ACP000dt6w the arriving female with infant looks like Vala, already suggested by @AnLand. The male in these clips might be Eliot (no face view)

In ACP000dt6q start of the minute we can hear Petra vocalizing, continued in ACP000dt6s

Posted

Thanks Heidi, yes, these are Vala and GSInf04.

I think you are right about Eliot; although there´s no face view, he is confirmed in other videos of the sequence ( ACP000dt6t and ACP000dt6v ). Let´s wait for the whole sequence to come up and see a clear evidence.

Posted

Vala (left) and Eliot (arriving) need confirmation in ACP000dkq9 ACP000dkqb ACP000dkqe and ACP000dkqh

Thanks!

Posted

confirmed 😃

Posted

ACP000dtcx
    ACP000dtd1
    ACP000dtd7

This adult looks like Vala.

Posted

She looks like Vala to me too. But I can´t be certain, can anyone weigh in here, please?

Thanks 😃

Posted

I would agree on Vala too. She has quite a typical face and has been confirmed here over one hour ago. In the spreadsheet there's only one set of clips missing in beween (0089). To be absolutely sure we might wait for this set to show up 😃

Posted

ACP000dts1
    ACP000dts3
    ACP000dts4
    ACP000dts6

This seems to be Vala. And in ACP000dt8x, Vala and Eliot. Petra already tagged in sequence.

Posted

Thanks Heidi, I would say that it´s pretty clear now 😃

Posted

Anja, we agreed on Oden in https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000v/discussions/DCP00029pf for ACP000dts1 ACP000dts3 ACP000dts4 ACP000dts6 , did you mean other videos?

ACP000dt8x agree on Eliot and Petra. Vala would make sense by context...

Posted

Nuria, do you confirm Vala here? ACP000dth2 and ACP000dth5

Thank you!

Posted

sure 😃

Posted

Videos ACP000dl7d and ACP000dl7e show most likely Vala and GSInf04. She's been seen here 7 minutes earlier, but since it's a new appearance she needs confirmation 😃

Thanks!

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000dl7b - ACP000dl7d - ACP000dl7e - looks like Vala's slanted brow to me too 😃

Posted

Absolutely. Great to have a nice face view of Vala, thanks! 😃

Dawna, I´m not that sure about ACP000dl7b , I would have said that it´s a male and he should be Eliot. I can´t see a female´s swelling, or a ventral infant´s evidence. What makes you think that this could be Vala?

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to NuriaM's comment.

Upps, I corrected those hash tags!

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

thanks 😉

Posted

Could this be Vala and infant travelling in ACP000d0zd? I think I see her slanted brows and the size and tuft would fit GSInf04.

Posted

yesssss 😃

Posted

I think this is Vala and GSInf04 arriving at the log in ACP000dreg

Also proposed in ACP000dryp and ACP000dryq. Then the sequence finishes already after half a minute. Don't know what happended to the rest of the clips.

Posted

ACP000dp1c - this seems to be Vala with GSInf04. I can see her brows briefly, size of infant and general body traits would agree. compare for her swelling and grayness of back and legs for instance. ACP000dozo

Posted

Yes, I agree that she is Vala with her infant. All fits, context and features, compared to Vala´s back in ACP000dlnj . Thanks 😃

Posted

ACP000dp1c , agreed too.

Posted