Chimp & See Talk

Dick and Pehr

• charly03 by charly03

A nice chimp. Male.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Exactly! That's a great start and a beautiful chimp. I will move the discussion to the GS-16 board and just add a nice screenshot.

enter image description here

Posted

• charly03 by charly03

Okay. πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Well done, @charly03! Everyone has to start small. No worries, you'll get the hang of it soon enough!

You'll find your discussion by clicking on "Recent" in the menu bar then scroll down to Science and there you'll see it. If it vanished from the list just click "load more". Another way to find the discussion now is via menu bar "Discussion boards" select "16 Green Snowflake" and voilΓ  - there it is πŸ˜ƒ

Now we just have to add the video number (it's as easy as copy/paste the number above the video): ACP000cyi6 and since you also found the following video some months ago we can add this as well: ACP000cyi7

Posted

• charly03 by charly03

Okay. Thankyou. πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

What do we think about the guy in ACP000d8uv - also a young, dark male with similar traits. But I am not sure here because. This new male has a dent (or scar) in the right eyebrow and he seems to be a bit leaner. The brows are slightly rounded (maybe for the new guy a bit less). Round balding, long dark face. Some whitish beard in both. Ears ok in both, but in the first maybe more sticking out?

Maybe it's a start for the discussion and a good example to discuss similarities and dissimilarities.

Face view is much better in video clip.

Posted

Nice find! They do look very similar, they even have the same pursed lips. πŸ˜ƒ

However there are some small differences like the right ear which looks quite flattened to the scull in no. 2 and also the shape of his muzzle seems a bit different, a little wider. It looks also that the balding of the second is roundish but the balding of no. 1 is more rectangular. But this could be all from the different lighting in the two videos.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to charly03's comment.

Awesome @charly03!!

I would say we have two new males here:

ACP000cyi6 / ACP000cyi7 = #GSMale10

ACP000d8uv = #GSMale11

Although they do really look quite similar, IΒ΄m not sure about a match here: I think GSMale10 looks a bit more robust and older. Also, his ears point out while GSMale11Β΄s donΒ΄t:

left, GSMale10 ( ACP000cyi6 ), right GSMale11 ( ACP000d8uv )

Posted

I think the last guy in ACP000d98b is GSMale11. He has a lighter face, dark body, and a very classy face. There seems to be something on the right eyebrow.

I am also thinking about ACP000d8v6 and ACP000d8v9

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Thanks Anja,

I agree on ACP000d98b = GSMale11. Both have this "classy" face πŸ˜ƒ

I am not that sure about ACP000d8v6 and ACP000d8v9 , he looks like GSMale10 to me instead. His face is wider and shorter (or more square-shaped) than GSMale11, what do you guys think?

Posted

Yes, ACP000d98b looks like GSMale11, I can agree on that one.

For the second proposal I'm not sure at all in either case. The right ear does not stick out enough I think to match with GSMale10's ear and I'm not sure if it's close enough to the head to match GSMale11's....Unfortunately we don't have left ears to compare for either of the two males.

The face from front looks quite similar to GSMale10 but from the side it reminds me more of 11. Tricky one!

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

Thanks!

so we have a match here: ACP000d98b = GSMale11

and a new prospective guy: ACP000d8v6 / ACP000d8v9 = #GSMale15

Anja, you have found GSMale11 again πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

Same place, same pose, different date: I think @Corcaroli found GSMale10 again in ACP000cyjn

It's a bit darker but the traits are quite obvious: nicely swung brows, small roundish bald spot, uneven nostrils, grey beard, black hair and also the right ear sticks out enough πŸ˜ƒ Both have a tiny white spot on the highest point of their left brow.

ACP000cyjn from April 5th:

compared to GSMale10 in ACP000cyi6 on April 7th::

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Absolutely!!

I agree on GSMale10 = ACP000cyjn

if no one disagrees, Heidi, name or namer? πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

Hi Nuria, such a handsome chimp, thanks!

I have an idea, let me check something first. πŸ˜‰ Thanks!!

Posted

Ok, already done and checked and got the ok from our most diligent classifier, @Corcaroli whose real name is Dick, as most of you probably know. πŸ˜‰

This beautiful chimp shall be named after him: Dick! πŸ˜„ πŸ˜—

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

soooooo coooool!!!!!

what a great idea, I love it!

thanks Heidi and Dick!

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

love it!

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to Boleyn's comment.

Well deserved to our most prolific team mate, Dick!

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

Absolutely πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

Again on April 7th, 30 minutes later, but I still think it is Dick: ACP000cyip / ACP000cyiq

Posted

The new guy has similarities with Dick, no doubt but to me he looks more like a big brother or the father of Dick. I think his built is very massive whereas Dick looks quite slim. The browline does not fit either in my opinion. It's more rectangular with some irregularities and a small break in the middle.

Dick

Posted

Interesting...

I agree with Heidi, this new guy (GSMale28) looks a bit different from Dick to me. Apart from the reasons Heidi explains, DickΒ΄s ears are nicely round and clearly visible, while the ears of GSMale28 are hardly noticeable.

Nice find! I love him snooping in the last second of ACP000cyip :

Posted

I had another look and now agree that GSMale25 is Dick as well (especially the mark on the left brow) and that GSMale28 is a "relative" πŸ˜ƒ.

I am not sure about GSMale10b. The brows look smooth. At least, I can't see the mark.

Posted

great, thanks Anja!

I agree on GSMale25 = Dick πŸ˜ƒ

GSMale25 ( ACP000cxrg ) , Dick ( ACP000cyi6 )

enter image description here enter image description here

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

Anja named GSMale11 Pehr, here

Posted