Chimp & See Talk

Fouts: Match to GSmale09?

• lauraklynn by lauraklynn moderator

ACP000dp61 found by @charly03

I think perhaps a match to GSmale09:

Not the best still, but here is #GSmale09 for comparison:

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to lauraklynn's comment.

hmmm...yep, could be!

left, GSMale09 ( ACP000dpkt ), right ACP000dp61

enter image description here

quite the same face coloration and body build. Both have a crease on their nose. Also, the guy in ACP000dp61 has sort of a "smile on his face":

and I think I see it too in GSMale09...

more thoughts?

thanks Laura ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

What about the guy looking at Flores in ACP000dql2 (found by @Boleyn and @Snorticus and commented by @midnightsun)? could he be GSMale09?:

proposed in the Flores thread

Posted

and here another proposal (not new, but already mentioned in the Yakini thread): ACP000dto2 / ACP000dtd6 , could this guy be GSMale09 too?

Just to recopilate a bit; GSMale09 has these match proposals:

Left to right: GSMale09 = ACP000dp61 ( #GSMale09b ) = ACP000dql2 ( #GSMale09c ) = ACP000dto2 / ACP000dtd6 ( #GSMale09d ) = GSMale13 (proposed by Anja in the Will thread )??

Posted

I'm not sure about the last individual (from ACP000dn66; actually looks a bit like Vala to me), but the others are fairly convincing as all being GSmale09.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

I agree with Laura, ok with all except for ACP000dn66 I would not exclude him at all but I can't see the grey knees and I think the brows have a different shape. Also the face seems to be shorter at least from this perspective.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Sorry, I didn't mean to say that he is GSMale09, but that he is not Will in ACP000dn66 and that I would look in other direction. I actually think now that he is Bohr. The sequence on May 30th is quite long and I think in several videos about Bohr. It's a bit hard to see, but traits overall fit and the white spot on the right wrist is visible (but not the spot on the head).

Posted

thank you ladies,

so GSMale13 gets excluded from the GSMale09 match. But yes to GSMale09b, GSMale09c and GSMale09d ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Laura, you have named Petra and Vala...would you like to name GSMale09 too?

Posted

• lauraklynn by lauraklynn moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

I have also named Akilah, but I am happy to name him as well.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to lauraklynn's comment.

ups, sorry, you are right about Akilah! (I missed that line in the document :S )

Posted

I would like to name him Fouts if that is alright.

Posted

Fouts is perfect ๐Ÿ˜ƒ (Dan Fouts?)

Posted

• lauraklynn by lauraklynn moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

After Roger and Deborah, Washoe's (and her family) guardians and researchers.

Posted

the good-old Washoe ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Oh, that was THAT chimp! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I didn't know her name (Washoe) but I remember hearing about a chimp that knew sign language. Very impressive!

Posted

• lauraklynn by lauraklynn moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

There are a number of chimpanzees that were taught sign language, but Washoe is probably the most well known.

Posted

I think we see Fouts in front of the tree in this video ACP000dtp8 together with Paddy. Face better seen in 9 (not yet classified)
    Long face, grey beard and lots of dark long hair.

Posted

yes, I see Fouts too...apart from his face traits, he has those light knees like Fouts. Thanks ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Here's the start of the nice water/clay hole scene: ACP000dqkx with Fouts down in the hole. already confirmed in ACP000dql2

The first walking away to the left might be Yakini, but we can only see the backside. First to arrive I think is Paddy. It's a strange angle but baldness, brows and face color would match with Paddy. Second to arrive looks like Eliot.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Iยดm not sure about Yakini, but agree on Paddy and Eliot...thanks!!!

Posted

I think Fouts in ACP000dm1q and in ACP000dplt suggested by @midnightsun and supported by me ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

ACP000dplt : yes, Fouts confirmed in the following clips of the sequence.

ACP000dm1q : I agree on Fouts too:

Fouts in ACP000dpku

ACP000dm1q

Laura is thinking about Yakini, but to me Yakini looks much more robust and the hair on the sides of his face make his face look rounder:

Yakini in ACP000ds7k :

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000dt3c - ACP000dt3a - Looks like Fouts traits - also, I just noticed that he has unusual tufts of long hair on the top of his shoulders. Right shoulder tufts better seen in the video.

ACP000dp61 - note shoulder tufts of hair

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

You are right! Fouts has "shoulder pads"!! The greatest 80s fashion trend, a tribute to Prince ๐Ÿ˜„

Thanks for realizing, I will add this to his description ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to NuriaM's comment.

Lol, shoulders in the 80's, David Byrne

Posted

LOL - we should have named Fouts "Paddy" ๐Ÿ˜„

Posted

donยดt laugh too loud...it seems that the shoulder pads are making a comeback ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

https://www.preview.ph/fashion/yes-80s-shoulder-pads-are-back-in-style-a00192-20171205

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

Oh NO! pleeeeeeeaaaase not! ๐Ÿ˜›

Posted

XD

Posted

@Corcaroli found shoulderpat Fouts in ACP000dt55 No obvious sequence so far, so he needs confirmation. Thanks!

Posted

Fouts and his mega shoulders confirmed ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

This video ACP000dr11 is from the 3rd of December 10 minutes before the one video where Cassini is identified. Now we have another chimp in front of the tree which I think is Fouts. Other videos are ACP000dr17 and ACP000dr1a The face is not well seen but back color and shoulder pads speak quite cleary here ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Yes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

This B&W is blurry but I think I see Fouts - shoulder tufts and flat profile with a low up-curved mouth, light lower back & legs.

ACP000dmtw - ACP000dmty - ACP000dmu0

Fouts - ACP000dp61

ACP000dmu1

ACP000dp61

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

I agree with you, I think this is Fouts, but I must admit that I have hard times when it comes to BW videos. Does anyone want to weigh in here?

Posted

Oh yes, b/w videos are really tough, but I think I can see Fouts here as well. I think the halo-like "hair-do" looks quite Foutsy. Together with the arguments @Snorticus delivered I think we can be sure it's him.

Posted

I could not really say who he is.

Posted

Also, Fouts has sort of slanted eyes that escent a bit on the outer sides, like the guy in ACP000dmtw :

Fouts in ACP000dp61

ACP000dmty

Posted

This in ACP000dxb6 looks a bit like Fouts to me (stature, white beard, brows, balding). Not sure about the ear.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Iยดm not that sure...I canยดt see Foutsยด distinctive "shoulder pads", or Fautsยดs light thighs.

what do you guys think? could #GSMale21 be Fouts?

Posted

Sorry I haven't seen this before.

Actually I think Anja is right and GSMale21 is Fouts. I think I see a hunch of the shoulder pads and Fouts legs are not particularly light, only a little, same as his back: not really grey, only a bit lighter than the front. In ACP000dxb6 I can see quite a hairy guy, balding, grey beard and also the gait fits Fouts. When I compare him to the shortly found video ACP000czfx I see more similarities, e.g. there's quite a wad of hair on his inner right thigh which can be seen in both videos.

Now I just had two other videos for classification which I think both show Fouts:

In ACP000d4of we don't see much of his face only a hint of grey, but his back looks very Foutish including shoulder pads and popeye-elbows. There's a dark mark on the left side of the back which we can also see in the other video I had for classiciation today (further down, a confirmed Fouts video):

New video ACP000d4of

Additionally he also has a white spot in the hollow of his left knee, which can also be seen in both videos:

Fouts with dark mark on back and white spot in hollow of knee in ACP000dplp

What do you guys think?

Posted

It looks as if @Corcaroli found Fouts again in ACP000dpne

He looks a bit grumpy in this position ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000dpne - Def looks like shaggy Fouts to me.

ACP000d4of - I can't see enough to decide on this guy.

Posted

Awesome!

so GSMale21 = Fouts

ACP000dpne = Fouts

ACP000d4of = Fouts? I could agree on this guy being Fouts, although this one is quite tricky. I agree on Heidiยดs arguments, but I have the feeling Fouts is a bit leaner? Thoughts?

Posted

In ACP000dmya we have a short view of a face of which I think belongs to Fouts. I know, it's very short but together with the greyish back view I'm quite sure.

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to NuriaM's comment.

ACP000d4of - I just had a 2nd look at this and see the details Heidi points out. Voting Fouts for this fellow.

Posted

Thanks Dawna...although I'm not so sure anymore :[

On one hand I think Nuria might be right that Fouts actually is leaner and on the other hand I'm confused by the female following the male. I don't know that gal and think she might be from the other group. And we know that Fouts belongs to group 1....

Posted

ACP000dmya : yes, looks like Fouts to me. in ACP000dmyc you can see his bony and scared lower back.

Posted

ACP000d4of : GSMale29 + GSFem39 ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

There's a chimp arriving in ACP000dunh From this particular angle our chimps are sometimes quite hard to distinguish but I think, after exclusion of all other possibilities, that he's Fouts.

He's mostly black with some grey strands on his back and on the tighs. Fingers are all there. The long hair on his shoulders is not very well seen also because of the angle. The round balding and white beard is consistent with Fouts and in second 12 we can see the same nick in his left brow as in ACP000dpku (maybe I got that brow-thing wrong in my initial description? ๐Ÿ˜›)

Details better seen in video

In the next clip ACP000duni I think it's Bohr arriving.

Posted

I think you are right, both Fouts and Bohr.

Any more thoughts on this?

thanks...

Posted

@Snorticus suggested fluffy Fouts in video ACP000dp6w and I support it ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Long face and small greyish back together with long hair...

Posted

We need more opinions on the last two suggestions, page 5 bottom ACP000dunh and ACP000duni first, (Bohr is confirmed) and the one above in ACP000dp6w. I'm quite sure it's the same chimp, Fouts, in these videos.

From ACP000dp6w, fluffy dark hair, white beard, greyish back.

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

ACP000dp6w Yes I think itยดs him: fluffy cheeks, long muzzle, nostrils seen, back fits, also the grey knees on black legs.

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

ACP000dunh facial traits fit, long hair, his special nose shows in sec 9, Popeye arms and again the colouring of his fur at the knees. I agree on Fouts.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to HeikeW's comment.

So that's 3 votes for Fouts in ACP000dunh ACP000duni inclusind Nuria's. Thanks Heike! Tagged!

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to HeikeW's comment.

Antonio @Buzharevski ( I will stick to your first name for coming posts ๐Ÿ˜„) we need a SciMods's vote for the chimp in ACP000dp6w. What do you think, fluffy Fouts? Thanks!

Posted

• Buzharevski by Buzharevski scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

I say Fouts too. I'll tag him now ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted