Chimp & See Talk

Dark female with young infant

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I am not sure about a match here - it's also the same day just some 20 minutes apart, but I think these female look very similar - dark, round balding, slightly rounded brows, swelling fits and infant size, too. At the moment, I cannot see here any of the other identified females here. GSFem19 is balder and her infant smaller. Siena's face is browner and her forehead and eyes different. Vala has a gray back and a smaller swelling. Kiana looks "wilder". The others have traits that I don't see here and I also cannot see Layla.

ACP000cxmz

enter image description here

ACP000cxfa

Posted

There is another dark female at the place (2 hours later): ACP000cxqt - but I think her infant is considerably bigger and the swelling looks different to both other clips. Similar, however, is the roundish balding.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

Thanks Anja,

ACP000cxmz and ACP000cxfa are the same female, but I would say not a match, but a sequence: #GSFem20

ACP000cxqt : a different female for the reasons that you mention. #GSFem21

compare the swellings:

GSFem20 in ACP000cxmz

GSFem21 in ACP000cxqt

Posted

@gennessee found a new video with a dark female, some balding, infant, bigger swelling that might be a match to GSFem20. I am not 100% sure and a bit puzzled whether she belongs to the Cassini / Vala group. If a match, we would have seen her a second time at "their territory", but not with someone of this community and now at a different camera. ACP000d17a

Face view and infant better in video clip

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

thanks Anja,

I agree that we could have a match here, but I need more thoughts.

What do you guys think, could the lady in ACP000d17a be GSFem20?

left: GSFem20 ( ACP000cxfa ), right ACP000d17a

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Sometimes I need a bit longer to find open threads πŸ˜›

Considering the different light I think I can agree on that match. Depending on the point where I stop the video her brows look very similar, bent on top. Both her ears seem to be bent forward. The infants have the same size, a bright muzzle and the big ears also look the same. So ok with me.

Why I actually opened this thread:

GSFem20 sits down on the left in ACP000cxn2. Then in ACP000cxfa 25 minutes later she walks back up the slope.

There's one sequence in between (20 minutes afer first and 5 minues before last sequence where we can see that a chimp is sitting on the same spot as GSFem20 and infant. Thus I think it's safe to say, that the chimps in ACP000cxl6 ACP000cxl8 ACP000cxla ACP000cxlc are GSFem20 and GSInf20 as well.

Posted

There's one sequence in between (20 minutes afer first and 5 minues before last sequence where we can see that a chimp is sitting on the same spot as GSFem20 and infant. Thus I think it's safe to say, that the chimps in ACP000cxl6 ACP000cxl8 ACP000cxla ACP000cxlc are GSFem20 and GSInf20 as well.

...it makes sense to me, thanks πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

so we agree on the GSFem20 match proposed by Anja.

It is fair to ask @gennessee for a name to this lady...

Posted

• hoothoot by hoothoot

Found this female and her infant in ACP000dfji

She reminds me of both GSFem20 and Hasina-Yvette, with a lean face and protruding, slightly rounding brows.

(by the way, ARE we still doing matching for this site ?)

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to hoothoot's comment.

Yes, we do! Green Snowflake is still work in progress. We will not be done until @NuriaM leaves and I am not entirely sure how we will proceed afterwards, but Green Snowflake still needs a lot of matching input and we're happy about each and every suggestion.

Your suggestion looks interesting. As we have at least two different communities at this site, we need to establish not only similarities, but also why it can't be anyone else - more definitely for footage like this (that is not directly comparable). She doesn't look like Hasina-Yvette and her community hasn't been seen here. But what about others?

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

When I looked for unidentified mums, I found GSFem20 and GSInf20 here. Is this a forgotten match?

Posted

We initially said that it is the same female, but not a match, as this is the same day and the same camera. We now made the Rosko match that is in principle the same, so we might accept that match, too.

I think Antonio will take care of this soon.

Thanks for noticing!

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Anja, the thing with GSFem20 was that she sat down at the tree on the left in ACP000cxn2 and stayed there for 20 minutes. She was still there 20 minutes later in ACP000cxlc and finally moved back another 6 minutes later in ACP000cxfa. That's why this was looked at as one sequence, while Rosko passed to the right in ACP000cxpl and again made the same way one and a half hour later in ACP000cxhm with no recording in between.

@HeikeW we can only match GSFem20 when she appears in another video independent from the first sequence. πŸ˜ƒ

I already tried to compare her to the female/infant in ACP000d565 and ACP000d567 because balding and brows seem to fit and the infant is about the same size. Maybe you'll get a better grip on those two? Good luck πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000v/discussions/DCP0002vpo

Here Nuria put her in the "chimps waiting for names" thread, as a match with the mum in ACP000d17a . That mum is followed by Jemila in ACP000d17d . Would that mean that GSFem20 belongs to the central group or that this canΒ΄t be a match? πŸ˜›

Posted

Are we sure that the female in ACP000d17a (seen with Jemila, so belonging to group 1) isn't Xenia and her infant? They look pretty similar and it would make so much more sense.

Posted

• Orohena by Orohena in response to AnLand's comment.

After checking, I think that the female in ACP000d17a might be Xenia too. The bald patch, ears and brows look the same to me. The infant look similar too. Especially after comparing with ACP000dpft.

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

ACP000d17a ............................................................................ ACP000dpft Xenia and GSInf12

I agree πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to HeikeW's comment.

This must be a mistake because there's no thread with GSFem20 who matches her with another female. I can agree on Xenia too.

Antonio, your turn: is the female in ACP000d17a Xenia with infant? Thanks!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Yes, it's here in this thread on page 1. I presented her and said that I am a bit puzzled, but you and Nuria made obviously a match out of it.

Posted

• Buzharevski by Buzharevski scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

I definitely agree to this! Good call πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Oh, now I get! You Anja proposed ACP000d17a as a possible match to GSFem20, Nuria made the comparison and I agreed to it. Since the comparison was made between GSFem20 and ACP000d17a we had a match. (This is how she got into the list for chimps to be named). But now that ACP000d17a was identified as Xenia this means that GSFem20 is also Xenia. Am I right or am I right? πŸ˜‰

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

No, GSFem20 is not Xenia. In the end, I don't think that they are so similar - different face, different balding. The infant of GSFem20 is considerably bigger than Xenia's. Which was not clear only with ACP000d17a, but is in the bigger view.

Also, it's still a different group that day. (I think the Ngogo guys.)

Posted