Chimp & See Talk

Panthoot or not?

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

I'm not sure if we really hear a panthoot here. To me it sounds more like a dog with two barks at the end. What do others hear?

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Chimps to me. In the second half of the video we can hear vocalizations from further away, chimps too.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

@akalan (or somebody else), could you please listen into this video ACP000d8s3 for the vocalization? I purged it from the chimps list, but can remove my tags. Thanks!

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

That's great! Chimps who sound like dogs - they amaze me over and over again 😃

Posted

I am moving this discussion to the GreenSnowflake board because I want to discuss whether the male adolescent that feeds on the tree is missing his right hand or fingers. I am not sure, but it looks injured. We had some older male juveniles here (GSJuv05 and 05b), did we see this before?

ACP000d9og / ACP000d9oh

Posted

Nuria, could you please check the tag group for GSJuv05b? There are two chimps and different days in it. I am not really sure who is GSJuv05b

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

oh, you are right. I´m trying to figure out why I decided to give the same temp. ID to chimps in different days. I am going to need some time to fix it.

Thanks Anja for checking!!

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

GSJuv05b issue fixed 😃

As for ACP000d9og / ACP000d9oh , you are right, he lacks his right hand.

Juv05 has his right hand, see at the end of ACP000d9jk

Juv05b´s right hand is seen in ACP000d9r4

Idem for Juv05c in ACP000d9ri

So this guy gets a new temp ID: GSJuv12

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

Thanks you guys for clearing this up!!!!

Posted