Chimp & See Talk

Xenia: GSFem12 match proposal

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Several people found this series with 3 chimps: ACP000dn2p ACP000dn2r ACP000dn2s

The one in front has already been identified as Petra in ACP000dnb3 some minutes earlier.
    The second female on the log looks very much like our spitting lady, GSFem12. Although we don't see her at the exact same angle I think we can see the same nicely shaped brows, bald spot, witish beard together with the high cheekbones in a black face. The hair on the side of her face is quite long and her body hair is mostly black except for her lower slightly grey back. Her infant is behind the log in the new series.

I was also comparing her to Akilah but in direct comparison she looks a bit different and Akilahs infant is bigger.

new lady from ACP000dn2p

enter image description here

GSFem12 from ACP000dph8

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

agreed ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

also, there is a small knotch or cut on right brows in both cases.

what do you guys think?

Posted

Could someone please weigh in here as we need three persons to agree on a match? Thanks a lot!

Posted

yes please! There is strength in numbers ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

I think I found another scene with GSFem12 in videos ACP000dtif ACP000dtig ACP000dtih She's best seen in video ACP000dtie not yet classified:
    Brows, baldness, ears, color everything looks the same and the infant is clinging to her as GSInf12 does ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

compare to GSFem12

Posted

Absolutely Heidi, I can even see the knot on her right brow...

so I am sure we have a match here:

ACP000dn2p ACP000dn2r ACP000dn2s = ACP000dtif ACP000dtig ACP000dtih = GSFem12 & GSInf12

If no one disagrees, I would say that Heidi has the right to choose a name or a namer ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Thank you Nuria. I would like to ask @LauravdMark if she would like to name our beautiful lady because she was quite active lately also with tagging!

Posted

thanks Heidi!

so what do you think @LauravdMark , would you like to think of a name for this beautiful female?

Posted

Only in profile but I still think it's GSFem12 and GSInf12 as well in ACP000do16 ACP000do17 ACP000do18 and ACP000do19 Very dark skin and hair, browline and size of infant fit.

Posted

yessss ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

match? thoughts?

Posted

• LauravdMark by LauravdMark

Hi guys! I'm very honoured to get to name a chimp. I will take a look at the list of already used names and think of something fitting for her.

Posted

• LauravdMark by LauravdMark

I'd like to suggest the name Xenia.
    Maybe at some point I'll be good enough to help with identifying chimps. At the moment it seems impossible to me how you guys do it. I'm happy if I can tell the different species apart. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to LauravdMark's comment.

Hi @LauravdMark ,

thanks so much for the beautiful name. Xenia fits her. Does it mean something special to you?

you are doing an amazing job at classifying, so no worries at all! But anyway, if you feel like tying to identify chimps, let me tell you that the first step is the hardest, but then you will get addicted...besides, we are all very happy to help you in anything you might need. Needless to say, mistakes are very much allowed ๐Ÿ˜‰

thanks again ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Xenia is a lovely name for our black beauty, thanks @LauravdMark.

We all started small and have grown with the task. We're looking forward to whatever you like to contribute ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

I think it's time for a match between Xenia and GSFem32 and infants. Since I've seen her I'm sure GSFem32 is Xenia. Videos ACP000dtie ACP000dtif ACP000dtig ACP000dtih show GSFem32.

She has the same black face, balding shape, little nose, eyes and browline everything fits, as well as her hair color and the little infant that matches the size of GSInf12. We can't see the knob on her right brow from this side but everythin else fits or what do you think?

GSFem32 in ACP000dt90

confirmed Xenia

GSFem32 back in ACP000dt90

Xenias back in ACP000dtih

Posted

Absolutely!!

I suport this match, what about the others?

thanks Heidi!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Could somebody please weigh in on my suggestions above that this is Xenia and infant at the tree? Nuria already agrees, but we need a third vote.

Additionally there's this video ACP000dph5 of a dark female leaving the feeding log 25 minutes after Xenia was confirmed in ACP000dphc. There is no other video in between these two sequences so it's very likely Xenia. Hair color, back color, size of infant agree I think. Any other moving from incoming chimps would have triggered the camera.

Posted

The mother and infant at the ground left of the tree also still need confirmation. I already posted them here on page one:

Only in profile but I still think it's Xenia and GSInf12 as well in ACP000do16 ACP000do17 ACP000do18 and ACP000do19 Very dark skin and hair, browline and size of infant fit.

Any opinions? Thanks!

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to Boleyn's comment.

I agree that Xenia = #GSFem32 - dark fur, similar size of female & infant, Profiles are very alike. Note she has a very thick out-curving nape of her neck as seen from the side. Maybe a combination of excess fur & neck structure.

ACP000dtig - confirmed Xenia left profile

ACP000dt91 - compare to GSFem32 profile

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

Thank you Dawna!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

Excellent!! (new word, I think Iยดve never used it ๐Ÿ˜„)

so GSFem32 = Xenia

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

...and yes to ACP000do16 / ACP000do17 / ACP000do18 / ACP000do19 and ACP000dph5 = Xenia

Posted