Chimp & See Talk

Hedy: Young female chimp

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

In ACP000d9bj / ACP000d9bl / ACP000d9bn / ACP000d9bp we see a young female, very dark, with a two-part swelling (and a young male). I think, she is not GSFem09b (or her match, proposed by @midnightsun), but she might be the same female as in ACP000d6n4 (found by @charly03). The brows are slightly rounded, triangular balding, protruded muzzle. Ears are undamaged. Her body is a bit more robust that e.g. GSFem09b, I think. Unfortunately, the light is very different.

New female

enter image description here

Her swelling is well seen in ACP000d6n3

ACP000d9bp for the other one

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

It's a bit hard to tell because of the different lighting. Once her brows seem to be very straight then again I can see a bow all depending on the light.

The swellings do look quite similar but we have seen a similar swelling with Hasina as well e.g. here: ACP000d64z

Hasina

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

I see small differences between them:

#GSFem22 in ACP000d9bl :

#GSFem23 in ACP000d6n3

Of course the light plays a crucial role here, but I see GSFem22´s head sort of more triangular, compared with the square-shaped head of GSFem23. Also I agree with what Heidi points out about the brows 😕

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000d9e8 - just ran across this gal which is more in the sequence of GSFem22 I think. Is there an injury to her right hand? It doesn't look all there to me when she waves it in front of the tree at the end or am I just imagining it?

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

Hm, I think I know what you mean, but I am not sure about the injury. I looked several times and she might only make a fist. It does look "shorter", though.

The whole sequence is: ACP000d9e2 / ACP000d9e4 / ACP000d9e6 / ACP000d9e8 (GSFem22 at the end) and ACP000d9bj / ACP000d9bl / ACP000d9bn / ACP000d9bp - in this second minute we do see more from her. In ACP000d9bp you see it best and the "shortness" of the right hand is also seen here, but I am really not sure.

Posted

I think the sligthly lighter-faced female with the rounded brows and grayish muzzle in ACP000dz3n is GSFem22. The ear is only bent, not crumbled as seen later in the video. Triangular balding, flat forehead, structurally same swelling (but here not fully swollen). The face looks of course darker for GSFem22, but it is a really dark video and GSFem22 has a visibly lighter face than others even here.

If a match, both hands are fine.

GSFem22

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

Wow, it´s really hard. I see what you mean Dawna, I think her right hand looks shorter than usual. But it´s really hard to tell. We can add this fact to her description and keep our eyes open to this possibility.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

ACP000dz3n is GSFem22 , I agree. What do you guys think?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

oops, I haven't seen this discussion before. My ok to this match (GSFem22) is in the other thread, sorry!

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Thanks! 😃

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

@Sotigan named GSFem22 Hedy, here

Posted

The young male who is seen with Hedy in ACP000d9bj / ACP000d9bl etc. might be the same as the one in ACP000db69 / ACP000db6b / ACP000db6d. Body build and back view agree. He has quite some balding above the rather straight brows. The face doesn't seem to be totally dark now. Ears look OK. I don't think that he is any other known male from group 1 or 2 and should belong to group 2.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

yes, they look very alike. Although I can´t get to see the face of the male seen with Hedy, their rears (mostly testicles) look very similar.

ACP000d9bj / ACP000d9bl = GSMale31

ACP000db69 / ACP000db6b / ACP000db6d = GSMale31b

Posted