Chimp & See Talk

Female with pale muzzle

• Hanibal94 by Hanibal94

I think this could be Petra, based on a comparison with https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000v/discussions/DCP00026ws,
    but I'm not sure. Could someone help out please?

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Hanibal94's comment.

This looks actually like a male chimp to me, but I am not sure who he is. Maybe Eliot?

Posted

• lauraklynn by lauraklynn moderator

I think it's Will

Here he is in ACP000dtcy:

And here is a still from ACP000dt4a:

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Yes, I also immediately thought about Will. But Will's finger on the left hand are missing (per the known chimps list). I can see here definitivly fingers. They look a bit stiff, but there are fingers.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

But this IS the same chimp in the pics above, the balding, brows, ears, hair all is absolutley similar. Maybe he does have fingers but just makes a fist sometimes.

The drumming clip is from December. He makes a fist in ACP000dss2 (because of drumming?)
    Video ACP000dtcy (Nov. 21st) no fingers seen (11.18 h)
    The new clip ACP000dt4a (12.20 h) where we see fingers is just one hour later....

Posted

• lauraklynn by lauraklynn moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Perhaps he has a finger or two that cannot bend (as can happen when an injury heals poorly), so when he makes a fist it appears he has missing fingers?

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

@Hanibal94 - thank you for noting this clip & starting a new discussion about it 😃 That dark sleek hair is very like Petra's but this looks like a guy to me even though his bum has some pink.

ACP000dtcy - ACP000dt4a agree with @Boleyn and @lauraklynn. That unusual bald-spot/hair-part line is very Will-shaped. The 1st Will sighting was so quick I guess we are getting more detail on his hand condition here. So at least one finger or a thumb?

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Hanibal94's comment.

Thanks @Hanibal94 !!

I am sure that this guy is Will. All traits fit, and I am ok with accepting that Will does have fingers, and we get to see it more clearly in ACP000dt4a .

Posted