Chimp & See Talk

Katie & her infant?

• Hanibal94 by Hanibal94

In the adjacent subject ACP000dscc, you can see that this chimp is carrying a little one, and has a very grey back.
    Could this be Katie and her infant?

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

No, this can't be Katie. As you can see in ACP000dscc - the female has two undamaged hands. Katie's right hand is damaged (at least the fingers are missing.). I don't know who she is now, but hopefully, we can find her again.

Katie's hand best seen here: ACP000dq18 (running female) or here in ACP000dtb4 (individual behind the tree, on the left)

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Hi @Hanibal94 welcome and thanks for trying!

For your information: Just copy the number starting with ACP... above the video and paste it in the discussion. The system automatically will link to the correct video. No need to paste the entire URL. 😉

Also after classifying any video containg animals you're very welcome to tag with the correct hashtags in this list.

Hope you enjoy!

Posted

• Hanibal94 by Hanibal94 in response to Boleyn's comment.

@Boleyn
    Thanks for the tip on pasting videos. I am aware of hashtags, and use them a lot - this time, I just got distracted by trying to identify the chimp.
    It turns out I am pretty bad at that, so from now on I will probably just create discussions and leave it to you guys.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

No worries, @Hanibal94 most of us started like that. It takes some time to tell the chimps apart and to look at all their traits. I still err from time to time and I'm doing it now for a pretty long time! The main thing is to discuss the chimps at all and to try it again and again.

Your first attempt was great because you'd noted her grey back and that she carried an infant and you just saw her back! So please don't get discouraged just because of one error. We love to have many people around taking part in the discussions! Thanks and have fun!

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Hanibal94's comment.

thanks a lot @Hanibal94 , Heidi and Anja !!

I think we still didn´t see this lady 😕

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Might she be Jemila? The gray-yellowish back, slim figure, big ears, and the darker area around the small pinkish swelling would actually fit. And Jemila's infant is still pretty small. Compare for instance: ACP000dsdf, ACP000dro6, and ACP000dqz6 for views of her back.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

yes, I think this could be Jemila. As you mention, the rears look very similar, but also in the still unclassified ACP000dscb we get to see her face; coloration, brow line and ears fit. And most important, the infant has that distinctive head white spot of Jemila´s infant:

ACP000dscb (unclassified):

enter image description here

Jemila and her infant in ACP000ds3p :

enter image description here

do we all agree? What do you think, @Hanibal94 ?

Posted

• Hanibal94 by Hanibal94

Yeah, I guess it is Jemila.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Hanibal94's comment.

Thanks 😃

Posted