Chimp & See Talk

**Oden: GSUNCLEAR08

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

New thread for GSUNCLEAR08, matched and waiting for a name.

He has been mentioned and the match has been solved in the Vala thread

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

ACP000drch - does this belong to the Paddy (behind the tree) and GSUnclear08 (left) sequence somehow? Looks similar, especially the nostrils.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

it seems to me that ACP000drch belongs to the Paddy + GSUNCLEAR08 sequence (ACP000dr...), I agree that this guy looks very much like our unclear08 guy:

ACP000drmt :

enter image description here

ACP000drch (...) :

similar ears that point out, baldness and nostrils. Letยดs wait for more videos of this sequence to come ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

@Orohena says in the Vala thread :

Thank you Nuria ! I would like to name GSUNCLEAR08: Oden.
    Hope you will like it ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

After several videos of this trio I think I now recognized the chimp on the right in this one ACP000dsw2 : I think it's Oden.

He's got that same round bald patch, knobby nose, grey muzzle. The left ear is ok, dark body hair but slightly gray on head.

Oden:

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

yes, thanks!

Oden is confirmed in ACP000dtdl from the same series, like one hour before ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

heh...I forgot to check that! Thanks, Nuria xD

Posted

๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

More of Oden in ACP000dsy0 and ACP000dsy1 He actually has also some very similar traits to Eliot but since he has got all fingers he's easily recognizable ๐Ÿ˜ƒ This probably belongs to the a scene of ACP000dsw2 but not all videos classified in this minute and not yet in the spreadsheet.

Posted

Yessss ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

In ACP000dsk7 arriving and in ACP000dsk9 and ACP000dska in front of the log we have Cassini confirmed. Arriving and leaving in ACP000dska is Paddy. We see a short glance at his face. The one arriving in ACP000dsk7 and then behind the log in ACP000dsk9 looks like Oden. His face is only shortly seen but I'm quite sure it's him.

Paddy:

and Oden:

Posted

Thank you Heidi, I agree on Oden; face traits fit, left brow and bald patch:

left Oden in ACP000drch , right ACP000dska

Posted

Could this be Oden in ACP000dts1 ACP000dts3 ACP000dts4 ACP000dts6 on the right? Depending on the angle he looks totally different!

Posted

I do believe that this guy is Oden. Oden has a lighter nape like this guy:

Oden in ACP000drh4 :

compared to Eliotยดs (in front), the coloration of the back of his head is visibly lighter.

and ACP000dts1 :

Posted

All facial traits fit to me.

Does anyone have something against this match?

Posted

More of Oden in ACP000dt29 ACP000dt2c and ACP000dt2g (already suggested by @AnLand)

Thanks for confirmation!

Posted

The chimp in ACP000dskw is tagged with Cassini but he's more likely Oden. If you check the entire minute we see that Cassini leaves in ACP000dskv and returns in ACP000dsky.

Posted

Thanks Heidi, I agree that the guy in ACP000dskw is Oden, not Cassini.

Posted

ACP000dtr6
    ACP000dtr8
    ACP000dswa
    ACP000dswb
    ACP000dswc
    ACP000dswd

The second chimp here seems to be still Oden. Face view in ACP000dswb. My guess is that Paddy leaves in ACP000dswa, but no good proof.

Posted

Paddy leaving would make sense by context, but not 100% clear.

Oden is correct, thanks!

Posted

ACP000dts1
    ACP000dts3
    ACP000dts4
    ACP000dts6

This seems to be Oden as well with Siena and Petra.

Posted

agreed ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

I'm not sure: do we count Eliot in this video ACP000ds3z although he is still hidden behind the bushes at the very left. If yes, the count should be 3 chimp. The one in front is Oden. Eliot is showing up in the next video: ACP000ds40

Posted

Eliot is still seen in ACP000ds3z ๐Ÿ˜‰

see? left is ACP000ds3z , with Oden on the log and Cassini behind it. Eliot hasnยดt come out yet but still one can see him partly on the very left. On the right is the next video ( ACP000ds40 ) when Eliot has already come out. Can you tell the difference? If you play this last video a couple of times you can recognize it better ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

so itยดs actually 3_chimp

Posted

Thanks Nuria, yes I can see it now. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I updated ACP000ds3z to 3 chimps.

Posted

lovely, thanks ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

The chimp arriving after Cassini in ACP000dom6 ACP000dom8 ACP000doma and ACP000domc is Oden I think because of the even testies and the blondish hair on his nape. Oden's hair is a tad lighter than Eliots or Paddys. Plus Eliot has uneven testies. Paddy's testies would fit quite well here but his hair is darker and theres a brighter midsecion in his backside, like a y turned on the head.

Cutouts from videos: Eliot in ACP000dn7x Paddy in ACP000dql0 and Oden in ACP000drqx

Posted

Great collage!!

I agree with you. I first thought that he could be Eliot, but his testies speak volumes ๐Ÿ˜„

do you remember which videos the pics of your collage are taken from?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

Oh my, I haven't written down the clip IDs. I just searched their respective collections and made some cutouts from their behinds. But I think I found them again:Eliot in ACP000dn7x Paddy in ACP000dql0 and Oden in ACP000drqx

I have more stored already from most of the GS males but not yet put together in collages. If you need the video IDs for all collages yet to come pls. tell me now, before I put them together. Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

No, no, itยดs fine.

Usually the collage is enough; It just makes it faster for me to go directly to the video linked in a collage to compare traits when thereยดs something special to be seen in a particular video. In such cases, I will need the link...but when it comes to general traits like testies, then itยดs not that vital to me...I can always go to the Tag Group ๐Ÿ˜‰

Posted

Here's another Oden video ACP000dodf He's moving fast but I'm quite sure it's him ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Built, color, face color...

Posted

I think for making a matching proposal, especially with only butt views, there should always be a link to the video from where the - often enlarged and enhanced - video still is taken. Without the video context these images could be taken from anyone and anywhere. Eliot's tag group alone has 500 videos. I don't think that it is helpful to get people engaged in these discussions with telling them to work themselves to the 100's of videos big tag groups for each of these males before participating in a discussion.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

But that's exactly why I made a collage of the possible butts - to make some quick comparisonsbwithout the need to go to the vast collections. You can trust me that I do not take butt views from "any" chimp, just from confirmed ones.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

This isn't about trust; it's bad practice. Everyone, scientist or non-scientist, should be able to verify for herself or himself where this (possibly enlarged and modified) screenshot comes from. To verify and commit an independent opinion you need to watch the video a screenshot is taken from. This isn't mistrust, but keep an open mind. It's very easy to agree to everything a scientist or moderator says here at Chimp&See. I rather like people who check the video and have an own opinion instead of believing or trusting.
    And you know, how often did we challenge matches by the science team and corrected identities afterwards? It is good to note the video and confirmed ID in case we need to go back and correct ourselves or the science team. This way it's easier to correct all IDs based on a wrong confirmation. Wouldn't be the first time that we have to do this.

Any extra screenshot is great, but it should always be attached to the video it is taken from.

(This isn't about me always doing this. This is about you arguing against this and just believing! You shouldn't believe anything. Check it out!)

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to AnLand's comment.

I do think when making a chimp ID case it can be helpful to view cropped stills from the video, but I always want to know the video clip location so I can review all the info available. In my opinion, context is super important. It just seems like good communication practice to always add the video location link for other participants. I haven't run across too many discussions that don't include the video location so I'm not sure that this is a big issue though.

Posted

Thanks for your opinions ladies!

My actual crop collection of known chimps does mostly not include the video numbers in the filenames. So I will have to go back to the respective sites and search them from new. At the moment I just don't have time for that. But I'll do it for new searches, promised.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

I always name my images with the ACPXXXXXXX number from the video ID and suffix with another number if I have several screenshots from this video or with a keyword (like a name). That's usually sufficient to get the image retrieved when I need it.

Posted

We still need a third vote for Oden in the discussion with butt comparison on page 3 of this thread. Nuria agreed to Oden in ACP000dom6 ACP000dom8 ACP000doma and ACP000domc. Anyone would like to weigh in here, please, also when you disagree, thanks!

Posted

Also the entry on top of this page with video ACP000dodf is still undiscussed. Anyone for Oden or rather another chimp?

Posted

• Orohena by Orohena in response to Boleyn's comment.

I do agree with Oden for this butt comparison in ACP000dom6 ACP000dom8 ACP000doma and ACP000domc.

Posted

• Orohena by Orohena

I had a look on the video ACP000dodf and I can't convince myself 100%.
    I do think it is more likely to be Oden though.

It's a bit long but below is how my disorganize brain worked that out ๐Ÿ˜„
    It's not Cassini as he don't have this damage right hand. He have a left index (you can see when he scratch at second 6) which remove Eliot.
    I would definitely remove Yakini here as he is too dark compared to this one. And would remove Paddy too, the eye part seems darker than Paddy's. And it is not Bud for sure.
    Muzzle is too light to be Lonn, Fouts or Bohr.
    The lighter patch on the neck make me thing it is not Pehr, Rosko, Ingo, Titan and Dick.
    Ears are too small/low to be Mekas

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to Orohena's comment.

Great, thanks for you input @Orohena! One more sequence sorted out ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Why do you call your brain disorganized? The process of elimination is one we use very often for chimp matching.
    In this case here you can exclude Bud, Pehr, Ingo, Titan, Dick, Rosko and Mekas as they belong to other groups which members have never been seen here at this place..

Oden is a member of the group we know best, consisting of Bohr, Yakini, Cassini, Lonn, Paddy, Fouts, Eliot and GSMale12 now Frinton (he's not yet tagged with his new name). Of this group I could exclude any other chimp either for size, color or special trait as Cassini's right hand.

Oden is medium sized, has quite a special hair color with a greyish tint to it and he's got that really bright, protruding muzzle, strait brows and a small round balding and that's why I think the chimp on the move in ACP000dodf is Oden.

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

ACP000dr3m Oden ............................................................... ACP000dodf

There simply is no other with such a light broad and protruding muzzle. All other traits seem to fit too. ( colour of fur, rather slim bodybuild, brows and nose ) It must be Oden.

Posted

• Orohena by Orohena

@Boleyn : I called it disorganize because during this process of elimination I was lost like 3 times trying to remember who I already excluded haha.
    Also, thank you very much for the groups. I saw that you were talking about 2 groups but couldn't find who was part of which group. That will be helpful for the future !

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to Orohena's comment.

@Orohena, the first group is quite clear, but we are (or at least I am) not 100% sure who belongs to group 2 and 3. We have group 2 around Gaia and Hasina-Yvette who have been seen around the ever standing feeding tree at the water, and we have the Ngogo chimps. We think Bud, Dick and certainly Ingo belong to the latter. I'm totally not sure whether anybody figured it out completely but the rough differentiation above should do for the moment I hope

Since we have seen some chimps from different groups roaming the same places it's even more complicated ๐Ÿ˜› .

Posted

We still need SciMod confirmation for Oden in ACP000dodf! Thanks.

Posted