Chimp & See Talk

Male chimp

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I think about whether the chimp in ACP000dw06 / ACP000dw07 (holding tight to a small tree) and the one hooting in ACP000dvrv are the same male chimp. Both have a boxy face with protruded, only slightly rounded brows, a light muzzle, and ears that stick out quite a lot. Amount of the triangular balding seems to agree. The nostrils are rather flat, but broad. He is an adult male, but looks not too big from this camera perspective.

ACP000dvrv

enter image description here

ACP000dw06

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

But these videos belong to the same sequence, only 6 seconds apart:

ACP000dvrv : 13-December-2013 17:07

ACP000dw06 : 13-December-2013 17:13

or am I misunderstanding you? ๐Ÿ˜•

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Hm, OK, I did not see this, but still think they look very similar with that boxy face. Maybe he came back? Hard to say, they seem to spent some time here, about there are only missing clips, not missing minutes, so we probably can't say.

One could add the guy from ACP000dvwp (first one, carrying something), but he travels fast and it's hard to say.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

Thanks Anja:

ACP000dvrv = GSMale18

ACP000dw06 = GSMale19

ACP000dvwp : looks like GSMale18, but it is very hard to say ๐Ÿ˜•

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Definitely a tough one: I agree that ACP000dvwp looks like GSMale18 from the little we can see. It's also possible that GSMale 19 could be GSMale18 when we look at the last clip (unclassified) of the series. From this perspective GSMale19 's head looks also like ACP000dvwp but I'm not sure if this is enough for a match?

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Thanks Heidi,

I think I would rather wait for more videos of this series to come, Iยดm still not completerly sure ๐Ÿ˜•

Posted