Chimp & See Talk

Titan: A gray-backed male

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

But we have quite some videos from the place and I try another one: the gray-backed male in ACP000dwfp (walking) and ACP000dwj5 / ACP000dwj6 (sitting and holding the tree). This should not be the same day. ๐Ÿ˜‰

ACP000dwfp: triangular balding, slightly wavy brows, silvery gray back and gray back. The nostrils are a bit hawkish and there might be a nick / fold in the right ear.

enter image description here

ACP000dwj6 - as the left ear is seen here clearly (and is undamaged), there is something different in the right one.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Great! I agree that these guys really look similar:

ACP000dwfp :GSMale20

ACP000dwj5 / ACP000dwj6 : GSMale20b

I see something strange in the ear too, but not the right one but the left one: to me, the right ear (in both cases) look perfectly round, while the left one seems to point out a bit more and it doesnยดt look so round at the top:

GSMale20 in ACP000dwfp :

GSMale20b in ACP000dwj6 :

Also, baldness, brows, muzzle shape and broad nostrtils seem to agree.

thoughst?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Nice fellow! This looks like a fast, clean match to me ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Great! we have another match and need another namer.

How about @Puddock, who has been super active and helpful in the classification phase and discussion boards? Luna has been Paddockยดs name in GS ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• puddock by puddock

Oh, thank you so much @NuriaM - very honoured to name this handsome chap. Will go away and have a think ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• puddock by puddock

I wondered about Titan as a name for this great-looking chap. Partly to go with another Green Snowflake male, Cassini (Titan is one of Saturn's moons and the Cassini mission looked at Saturn and its moons) and partly in tribute to the amazing Stephen Hawking ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to puddock's comment.

Oh, soooo nice!!

Titan sounds great, thanks!

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to puddock's comment.

That is so good, @puddock

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to puddock's comment.

Great name and very thoughtful!

Posted

ACP000d8v4 - This could be Titan again. Followed by GSMale15

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Absolutely, I recognize Titan here! Same nicely shaped brows and bald spot. What a handsome chap!

Posted

@Corcaroli found a great face view of a gray-backed adult male in ACP000cyed. Might he be Titan as well? It's such a perfect face view that I am not sure because you see so many details that are just not visible in the other videos. Protruded, wavy brows, triangular balding, gray back all fit, though.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

It is possible but it would be great if he'd shown us his left ear. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Anyway, compared to the side view in ACP000dwfn it's very likely Titan: Same very protruding, bent brows, perfectly shaped right ear and long face, additionally the same back pattern - I would agree on this match.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

So would I. Thank you ladies ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted