Chimp & See Talk

**Hasina & Yvette

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

This is not necessarily a match proposal, but I've seen today several videos of Hasina and her small juvenile and watching them got me thinking ...

We only did see her on two days in January and February 2013 until now. Comparing her traits: rounded brows, balding, gray back, longer her at her neck, size of the juvenile, form (and for January timing) of her swelling - can we actually exclude that she might be the same individual as Yvette? They kind of look really similar and I can't find any traits to really distinguish them.

Compare for instance these videos from Hasina: ACP000d60n / ACP000d674 / ACP000d61n from January with Yvette in ACP000d2jh (and with the juvenile in ACP000d2jj) only three days apart. Also unswollen (in February, e.g., ACP000d647, and September, e.g., ACP000d942) it does not look in any way distinct.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Good point, @AnLand, this looks like a Hasyette 😃

I was actually wondering too, especially when I've seen those really similar swellings.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Thanks Anja!

could be...both females do look very similar, and infants too. My only doubt is that GSInf05 is a female, and I´m not that sure about the juvenile that follows Yvette in ACP000d2jj :

GSInf05 in ACP000d5xt :

enter image description here

and the juvenile following Yvette in ACP000d2jj :

I´m not sure if it´s a movement effect, but I see two different rears in the juvs. Face traits, size and other traits fit to me though...

What do you think?

Posted

I am not sure that GSInf05 is female. I looked a lot, but can't find any definite proof and often it looks male to me. The video you linked above might look a bit more female, but really labia is not seen. The lower white dot is just part of the white tuft, not skin. If I needed to decide here about sex, I still would say male.

(I know I did not disagree before, but not so many videos have been found back then.)

Posted

ok, it might be then better to keep GSInf05 sex unclear. Although it looks female to me, I can understand that the images that we have of its rear can lead to confusion.

In this case, if we take the infants sex uncertain and look at every other factors, I would agree on Hasina-Yvette (or Hasyette 😄 )

Only one more thing: don´t you think that Yvette´s belly in ACP000d2jh looks generously bigger than Hasina´s belly in ACP000d6k9 , only three days apart?:

Hasina in ACP000d6k9

Yvette in ACP000d2jh :

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

To me the belly doesn't look bigger.I think they have about the same size, Hasinas' is just partly hidden by her thigh. And after all this wood eating I don't wonder about big bellys anymore 😃

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Great!! thanks Heidi, and Anja for realizing that Hasina = Yvette 😃

Posted

@Corcaroli made a great find today: ACP000dvx5 shows in my opinion Hasina-Yvette in front (followed by her boy) and in the back Yuri and Vivie. So, they actually belong together to the same community, as I was thinking before.

Hasina-Yvette in front, her juvenile, Yuri bipedal and followed by Vivie.

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to AnLand's comment.

Agree to this ID. Yuri hand injury is seen & he would be with Vivie.

Looks like Hasina-Yvette face & her juvenile's small pinkish rear view and bare spot behind left knee.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

Absolutely!

thanks so much,

I wonder if I should change gsinf05 to gsjuv11 , as inf05 is actually a juvenile and it could be confusing, what do you think?

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

As we can name juveniles (but not infants), it would be easier to just choose a name instead of a second temp ID? And even if not naming now, he will get a name later, so we don't need a second temp ID.

Posted

great, thanks Anja 😃

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

I think this is Hasina-Yvette and her juvenile on 1-17-2013 before the baby is born. Could someone else check?

ACP000d61y - if so, then they would also be in ACP000d621 - ACP000d624 - ACP000d627

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

Yes, Dawna, it's them! They are confirmed one minute later starting with ACP000d60l and I think you found actually the start of the sequence 😃

Thank you!

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

thank you girls!!

Posted

• midnightsun by midnightsun

This female and her tiny infant in ACP000d8y4 look like Hasina-Yvette and her newborn (first seen in Sept. 2013). It's only the profile view and I can't find a time stamp and date, but maybe it fits the time frame.

EDIT: I checked the time frame. It belongs to the Yoana sequence in ACP000d988 - so September - and maybe the juvenile in ACP000d987 is Linden.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to midnightsun's comment.

Yes, this looks like Hasina-Yvette and I would also agree on the juvenile as Linden.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

Thanks, agreed too 😃

Posted

ACP000d8g2 / ACP000d8g3 - might be Hasina-Yvette and Linden. Just in association. Traits fit.

ACP000d9ws / ACP000d9wt / ACP000d9wv - Is this Linden, too?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

As sure as I can be with juveniles (means not 100% 😃 but I would say this is Linden in all videos above. Same big balding, size fits.

Posted

I agree, thanks 😃

Posted