Chimp & See Talk

Unknown female with infant

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

This lovely female chimp in ACP000dr0b ACP000dr0d ACP000dr0f has no temp-id yet. I'm not sure whether I have seen her in other sequences as well. So far I can only be sure it's her in this single minute.

She seems to be quite small and still young with all fingers intact. Her face is bright, especially the muzzle. Brows are nicely rounded, baldness is triangular running from the middle of the brows to the top of her head. The nose is broad and flat, her right ear seems to have a fold, left can't be seen so far. Her infant has an unusually big white tuft as @Snorticus already pointed out.

enter image description here

enter image description here

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Thanks Heidi, GSFem30 + GSInf30. I was thinking about the other guys...

one minute after, in ACP000ds4v , we see katie with Noel, but I am not certain about them walking to the left in ACP000dr0b ACP000dr0d ACP000dr0f πŸ˜•

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

I'm sure it is also Katie in ACP000dr0b ACP000dr0d ACP000dr0f walking to the back, she turns around in d moves a little in f and then she comes forward again in ACP000ds4v There's no obvious break between the series. Other than that I can see the same posture, back and swelling πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

ok, I think you are right. This is how I see it:

ACP000dr0b : GSFem30 + GSInf30 on the right + GSJuv10 coming from the left to the log (new, belongs to fem30), Katie going to the back and Noel follows. Katie is seen with her baby in July 2013 for the first time, and this series is from January 2013, so she should be pregnant by then.

ACP000dr0d and ACP000dr0f : Katie and Noel (unseen) stay in the back and fem30 + inf30 and juv10 in front.

ACP000ds4v : one minute later, Noel is on the right, juv10 eating on the ground, Katie enters and fem30 with inf30 (unseen) are in the back this time.

What do you think, does it make sense? There should come one more video between f and 4v where we see fem30 walking to the back...

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Perfect sense, Nuria!
    Only in the missing video we can't see Fem30 walking back but Noel coming forward instead. There seems to be a little break between the two recorded minutes in wich Fem30 prefers to disappear πŸ˜› But since the video numbers are consequtively it's ok I guess.

Posted

thanks!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I just had ACP000dl58 for classification and we identified her in ACP000dl57 as Siena. I am still thinking that this is true. But seeing this, I think GSFem30 might be Siena, too. Just the light is different. The profile face view, lighter muzzle, size of infant, and back view incl. swelling all fit.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

hmmm, yes, I think you are right. The light is different, but when she looks downwards in ACP000dr0b I can see SienaΒ΄s swollen eyes.

What do you guys think?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

Yes I think GSFem30 could actually be Siena in ACP000dr0b. The eyes and baldness fit. I often have the impression that some chimps look somehow different when sitting on the log. I don't know why - maybe it has to do with perspective?

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

Great!

thanks a million chicas πŸ˜ƒ

Posted