Chimp & See Talk

Scarlett: Same young female?

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

This is probably a long shot and more because I don't have another idea and they look similar. This is a young, quite small and lean female with rounded brows, longish muzzle, some oval balding. Ears seem to be OK. It's hard to compare color mode with black-and-white and I don't see any prominent trait. I don't think she is one of the prospective females. I am far from sure here, but it's worth to discuss both videos as they have great face views.

EDIT: Size and stature fit also Kalypso, although I don't find her very similar. But maybe we should rule her out before making any decisions ...

ACP000dbvi

enter image description here

ACP000dvtf (found by @Boleyn)

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

nice face views!

I don´t think these are the same individual. They do look similar, but look at their ears: the female´s in ACP000dbvi don´t point out, whereas those of the female in ACP000dvtf do.

ACP000dbvi : GSFem34

ACP000dvtf : GSFem35

I find GSFem35 and Kalypso very similar 😕

Posted

On second thoughts: Kalypso´s nostrils are V-shaped, and GSFem35´s are horizontal.

Left GSFem35 in ACP000dvtf , right Kalypso in ACP000d9xa :

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Just an idea but what about GSFem10? She's got a bit brighter hair like GSFem35, her balding is a bit wider than Kalypsos, more like GSFem35, slightly swung browline, deep-set eyes, and her left ear also sticks out very much. Size could be the same as well I think.

It's quite hard to find a good face shot of her though... this one's from ACP000d6jb

from ACP000d6c4

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

hmmm, yes, it makes sense to me:

left up and down, GSFem10 in ACP000d6jb and ACP000d6c4 , right GSFem35 in ACP000dvtf :

I see here a potential match: coloration, baldness, facial traits, size, eft ear that points out, both have sort of a clear point or a crease in their left brown...what do you guys think?

Posted

I have a bit difficulties to get my head around this for two reasons: I find GSFem10's brows much more narrow and straighter (but this might be caused by light and distance) and she looks much bigger to me than the new female (also hard to compare, I know). So, while I think that she is not Kalypso and it's good that we ruled that out, I am still not sure here.

Most convincing (but not enirely at the moment) for me would be ACP000d648 and ACP000d6j9 - where you see much more from her brows.

Posted

Thanks Anja for your thoughts,

I still think that their sizes fit, but if there´s is disagreement, we can always leave them with their temp. IDs.

Posted

Thank you for your opinion, Anja.

When I look at the stills of the clip you mention ACP000d6j9 I'm even more convinced now that she actually is GSFem10. Both have the same browline only slightly angular, the left ear sticks out a bit more than the right and has a little fold in the upper half. The balding is a bit more pronounced on the left side. Additionally I don't think that GSFem35 is very big. In contrary, she looks quite small to me but in ACP000dvtf she's closer to the camera than GSFem10 in any of her clips. That's probably why she appears to be smaller than GSFem35.

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

I think that GSFem10 & GSFem35 are a match. I think the size is a camera distance illusion. Compare her face & body at similar angles at about the same size image.

ACP000d6j9 - GSFem10 - Nose looks button-like at this angle, similar light brow shape when facing left.

ACP000dvtf - GSFem35

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

Another view comparison, (make allowances for Fem10 chewing & lighting differences). I see a bit of a round bald spot left of center over the brow, similar nostril sizes & shapes.

ACP000d6j9 - GSFem10

ACP000dvtf - GSFem35

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

Thank you ladies!!

so we have another match: GSFem10 = GSFem35

Anja, you started this thread, what about proposing an old and very active namer: @clare50?

Posted

I am still not entirely convinced of this (but whatever you decide ...), but I wanted briefly post this video ACP000dvvp here. The young female in front has clear similarities and is most certainly GSFem35. I find Fem10 different (especially the brows), but I already said this.

Posted

This lady really looks similar to me too.

What bothers me a bit is her right ear and face coloration. The right ear of the female in ACP000dvvp looks a bit bigger and up set than fem35´s right ear, and this fact + face coloration give this new female a slightly younger appearance than fem35 to me...

what do you think?

Posted

Also, if you are not sure about this match and want to discuss about it a bit more, we can always do it 😃

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

I'm not sure about the female in ACP000dvvp She might be Fem10/35 but the video is quite dark and the view not the best. I also doubt that her hair is as brown as this of 10/35 either - it looks rather black to me but of course this could be because of the bad light.

But I'm strongly convinced, more than ever, of the match between GSFem10 and GSFem35.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Thanks Heidi for weighing in 😃

ACP000dvvp : GSFem40

Posted

• clare50 by clare50

I have had the privelege of being asked to name two juveniles. The first was Alkira's juvenile who is now Aurora. For the second I have proposed Scarlett. These are the second and first names of my only grandchild, 7year old Scarlett Aurora. She was so excited when I told her there was a chimp in Africa bearing her name. I am really enjoying being able to help with this project and being able to name such gorgeous animals is a bonus.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to clare50's comment.

What a beautiful name and what a beautiful story!

Thanks so much @clare50 😃

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

Lovely name @clare50. I hope Scarlett will stay around a while and not be "gone with the wind" 😉

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

😄

Posted

This female here in ACP000d9iw ACP000d9ix and ACP000d9iy looks a lot like Scarlett I think: Same body built and color as well as the long hair in the neck. When she looks to the side in ACP000d9iw we can also see the bulgy brows and dark face. The swelling is a little less swollen in the new videos but looks to be the same nonetheless.

Scarlett

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

I think you are right. I find it hard to compare the faces because of the angle, but the swellings match in my opinion; there is a white roundish spot on the upper left of Scarlett´s swelling which is also visible in the female you mention (despite swelling diferent sizes).

left Scarlett in ACP000d5xi , right ACP000d9iw :

Posted

Anyone likes to put their 5 cents in about the suggested Scarlett? Thanks!

Posted

• Buzharevski by Buzharevski scientist, moderator

I agree and tagged 😃

Posted

Great, thanks, Antonio! 😄

Posted