Chimp & See Talk

Match proposal for GSJuv05

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

For quite some time we knew GSJuv05 only from the scenes at the feeding tree together with Gaia.

In this video ACP000dz3m Gaia was identified and followed by several younger chimps. I posted the females in the Gaia thread. Following as first is a male juvenile of which I think is GSJuv05. Of course circumstances speak for this match but we needed to see him at the different location or in a different seqeunce. Now here it is.

The young male chimp following Gaia has dark hair, very protruding, bulgy and bent eyebrows, dark eyemask and a brighter muzzle. Some balding on his forehard is also seen and the ears are still a bit pinkish. The bald patch on the side might be temporary or even some debris. There is no really good still but he's looking at the camera so we can see some of his features:

enter image description here

When we compare him to known GSJuv05 in ACP000d9s8 the traits are the same and I think built and size fit nicely:

enter image description here

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

We already ruled this potential match out (based on different body sizes) in https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000v/discussions/DCP0002c82.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Oh did we? what a shame, he looks so much alike. 😦

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to Boleyn's comment.

I posted some thoughts & pics on this in the other thread.
    https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000v/discussions/DCP0002c82

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

Thanks Dawna, I do think you are right. More arguments soon in the other thread (your link above) 😃

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

No, they have clearly not the same body size. GSJuv05 is smaller. GSJuv09 has or nearly has adult size.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

my answer in the thread

Posted