Chimp & See Talk

This might be Oden

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

enter image description here

Leaner, lighter muzzle, balding ...

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

yes, Oden. Thanks Anja πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• midnightsun by midnightsun

I am not sure about this proposal, but I think the male in ACP000do9x / ACP000doa0 could be Oden. (I can't say why, it's more that it is none of the others.)

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to midnightsun's comment.

hm, I think I would rather go for Yakini...

Yakini in ACP000dmpy :

Yakini in ACP000d382 :

And ACP000do9x :

what do you think?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

I support Yakini for this non-identified male in ACP000do9u ACP000do9x ACP000doa0 and ACP000doa3. Although they have some ressemblance (I anyway think Oden might be Yakini's offspring) it's Yakini because of the size, big belly and grey back. Most convincing though I think is this comparison of their right ears:

Oden in ACP000dtk0 ear bent on top:

Yakini in ACP000dt0d ear bent on side

View from ACP000doa0

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

This discussion is also still open. Oden or Yakini in ACP000do9u ACP000do9x ACP000doa0 and ACP000doa3? Thanks!

The sequence continues in ACP000dogk ACP000dogm ACP000dogo ACP000dogq. I still think the chimp at the water hole is Yakini and the one crossing looks like Bohr, big and massive as he is. Only sideview but still very "bohrish" πŸ˜ƒ

Continues in ACP000dogs ACP000dogt and finally leaves in ACP000dogt

I also posted the last two sequences in the Yakini thread but since he's got suggested as Oden we can discuss it here.

Posted

Just to bring this back up: Two votes for Yakini (Nuria and me) but suggested as Oden so we need to discuss this: the b/w sequence at the water hole in my last post just above. Thanks!!

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

IΒ΄m not at all sure, but look at this:

ACP000dmtc Yakini ............................ ACP000dogt ..................................... ACP000doa0 .................................. ACP000do9x

When we argue in the Yakini thread, that it is Yakini, because no testicles are visible, this canΒ΄t be Yakini?

ACP000do9x ........................................................... ACP000dmtc Yakini ............................................ ACP000dmtc Yakini

Ear and profile would fit though.

ACP000dogt ................................................................ ACP000dsjb Lonn ............................................... ACP000dsjb Lonn

Panda - bottom with big testicles hanging low, ear bent like Yakinis. Can this be Lonn?

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to HeikeW's comment.

Yes, great find. I agree that should rather be Lonn. The testicles are one thing, but also the brows and the right ear - as seen in your last image from Lonn here - fit him better than Yakini.

Here the typical brows

Here the right ear

both stills from ACP000do9x

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

So, as we have two sequences here at the same time and of the cameras in very close proximity. We have here Lonn, who stays, and we have probably Bohr in ACP000dogk ACP000dogm crossing as he is leaving the falling tree location in ACP000drxr.

ACP000do9u
    ACP000do9x
    ACP000doa0
    ACP000doa3 ACP000dogk
    ACP000dogm
    ACP000dogo
    ACP000dogq
    ACP000dogs
    ACP000dogt
    ACP000dogu

Posted

Yes, you two are right! There's nothing like a good testies argument. πŸ˜ƒ And in ACP000do9x I can now recognize the typical Lonn snout for a short moment. I wasn't aware of that before.

What we also can see in Lonn's backside is a darker shape like a wedge, pointing upwards from the butt, while Yakini's back at this point looks like a regular half moon, which looks more like Frintons.

Left newly assumed Lonn in ACP000do9u .............................. middle Yakini in ACP000dmrm and .........................right Frinton in ACP000drwe

And this brings me to another mismatch we probably made: I think now the chimp in ACP000czev is not Lonn but actually Frinton. Yakini walks in the previous clip ACP000czeu and there I'm still sure it's him.

Maybe Frinton not Lonn in ACP000czev?

but still Yakini in ACP000czeu because if THIS was Lonn the wedge ought to be visible, right, because it is also visible in ACP000dsjb.

Lonn in ACP000dsjb

Posted

As for the Bohr suggestion in ACP000dogk ACP000dogm: yes I agree, as I've already written in the comments πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

I think you are right with Frinton:

ACP000czev ............................................................. ACP000drbp Frinton .............................................. ACP000dsjc Lonn

Upper part of ear strongly bent to the head, different from Lonn.

ACP000czev ............................................................. ACP000dro2 Frinton ............................................... ACP000do9x Lonn

Testies hanging low but not as big and flashy as LonnΒ΄s.

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

By the way when working out this I found that not all the GSMale12b videos are tagged as Frinton πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

When ACP000czev is Frinton, what about GSMale12c then?

ACP000dro2 Frinton ...................................... ACP000cw8z ................................................... ACP000czev Frinton proposed here

see also https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000v/discussions/DCP00026js

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

As for Bohr I agree πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

Thanks Heike. As for GSMale12c Nuria was not entirely convinced that it's also him. Maybe Antonio will?

Speaking of: Antonio would you please check and tag all the GSMale12a, b and d clips or tell me if I should do it. Thanks!

Posted

• Buzharevski by Buzharevski scientist, moderator

So it's Lonn for ACP000do9u, ACP000do9x, ACP000doa0, ACP000doa3, ACP000dogk, ACP000dogm, ACP000dogo, ACP000dogq, ACP000dogs, ACP000dogt, ACP000dogu. And it;s Lonn and Bohr for ACP000dogk, ACP000dogm. I'll insert tags πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• Buzharevski by Buzharevski scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Gonna do that now πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to Buzharevski's comment.

Thanks Antonio! Two open issues still in this thread:

What do you think, rather Frinton than Lonn in ACP000czev? Heike made some nice comparisons above.

And GSMale12c's behind looks exactly like Frintons. see ACP000cw8z The face is also seen, it's a bit dark but could be him.

Posted

• Buzharevski by Buzharevski scientist, moderator in response to HeikeW's comment.

Nice observation Heike! It's most probably Frinton judging by the body. I'll change πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• Buzharevski by Buzharevski scientist, moderator in response to HeikeW's comment.

The bodies match perfectly. I do have some reservations about the face, but I think it's a trick of the lighting, so I concede to GSMale12c being Frinton. I'll insert tags πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• Buzharevski by Buzharevski scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Tnx for the heads up πŸ˜ƒ Responded

Posted

Wow, thanks everybody for sorting this out! πŸ˜„

Posted