Chimp & See Talk

Ingo: Match proposal for GSMale28

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

I was checking something in video ACP000dg2m with the Ngogo chimp males and look who glanced right back at me:

Even in b/w he looks very much like GSMale28: same triangular balding, white beard with whiskers, shape of muzzle and I think also the straight brows have this square look even if it's not so well seen in b/w. The fluffy hair makes that the ears are not well seen in certain positions. Additionally he has the same massive built and self-confidence in both videos. The back also here is only a tad greyish as with GSMale28.

enter image description here

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

yesss. I agree. you have found GSMale28 again...

just one tiny small thing annoys me a bit: GSMale28 has a straight mouth, while this new guy seems to have sort of a "smile on his face". But this could be of course a light/color effect. Every other trait fits completely in my opinion.

What do yo guys think?

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to NuriaM's comment.

ACP000dg2m Looks like GSMale28 to me. Has the same groove down the middle of the nose, dark patches on cheeks, balding pattern, body structure & size.

His lips are slightly parted in ACP000dg2m and not so parted in ACP000cyip (see his profile at the very end of clip), that may be why the mouth looks different.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

yes, you are right.

Thank you Dawna!!

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

So Heidi found a new match!!

ACP000dg2m = GSMale28

what do you think Heidi, name or namer? 😃

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Thanks Nuria and thank you Dawna for weighing in. Since I think you, Dawna, like to name your own matches, I would love to give this opportunity to @tina_pixie_ for she's eager to learn and this ought to be rewarded at once 😃

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Congrats @tina_pixie_ - not to get into this great naming opportunity - but I just wanted to mention that we kept your name proposal "Elvis" for the chimp you found at Cold Fire. You can find all his videos here: https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/collections/CCPL0000sp He was one of our superstars back then!

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

Yes, @tina_pixie_ should choose 😃

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

Lovely!!

@tina_pixie , would you like to think of a name for this GSMale18?

Thanks!! 😃

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I started the GS-16 review and as we agreed on a match, I tagged the guy with GSMale28 to keep the identities together.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Thanks Anja

I have sent @tina_pixie a reminder 😉

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000cyiq - GSMale28 - this guy still needs a name, please, Nuria. I've not seen Tina Pixie lately?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

I've left tina_pixie_ a message via Zooniverse. If this does not trigger her, he'll get his name from somebody else - such a handsome guy! 😃

Posted

Thank you Dawna for pointing this out. There are still some chimps at GS waiting for names, I will post a list so that we can solve this asap.

I sent an email to tina_pixie in October, via Talk and a reminder in November via Zooniverse. We might need to find another namer.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

oh, I see, then she (tina_pixie_) probably does not get notified when a new message arrives...

Posted

named here

Posted