Chimp & See Talk

Vivie, Yuri, Hasina-Yvette, and Linden again together

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

@Boleyn suggested in the video comments that we see here Vivie and Hasina-Yvette and her offsprings, but I would like to note that Yuri is the first juvenile, already seen in ACP000dynv. He has a lighter face and brows (has a professional interest in camera traps as seen before) and walks way more wobbly, using his left hand lesser. In addition, he has a big white anal tuft, while Linden has only a small one.

Linden is only seen in ACP000dynw.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

I agree.

This is Yuri´s tuft in ACP000d9vy :

enter image description here

and the juvenile in ACP000dynv :

Now Linden´s tuft in ACP000d2jj :

enter image description here enter image description here

and the juv. in ACP000dynw :

enter image description here enter image description here

(best seen in the video)

Posted

• Orohena by Orohena

Hello,

I was thinking that it might be Vivie, Hasina-Yvette and Linden on the series starting with ACP000cux8.
    I first thought that the one on the right (currently GSFem07) looked like Vivie.

I looked at other videos and am pretty convince it's her.
    Vivie?

The dark eyes and white muzzle are similar as well as the body with the quite thin legs.

Then, I thought that if that was Vivie, the other one might be Yuri, Linden and Hasina-Yvette.
    And I am pretty convince that the young one is Linden.
    Linden?

The small tuft is similar and the two profiles (one from October 2012 and the other from January 2013) really look alike.

I just assumed that the last one would be Hasina-Yvette, but I am less convinced by this match.
    Hasina-Yvette?
    Here the face is a similar with light muzzle and straight brows but she is so far and partially hidden. The legs are grey too but the back seems a bit different.

What do you think ?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to Orohena's comment.

I did not forget you, @Orohena, I'll get to this shortly. Maybe some more opinions from others in the meantime? Thanks!

Posted

Sorry, I don't see them here. Neither Vivie nor Hasina-Yvette.

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000cux8 - Hmm, Hasina-Yvette has a very long upper lip & short flat lower muzzle.

ACP000d2jh - Hasina-Yvette

I don't see that in the 2nd female in ACP000cux8 Also think Linden has more fluffy cheek fur and is more robust.

Posted

• Orohena by Orohena

For Hasina-Yvette, I was not sure as she is so far and I am still confuse.
    For Linden, I was uncertain at the beginning and then I realize that I was comparing videos that was one year apart. But when I took the video from only 3 months apart I was quite convince though.

Well it seems that I still have progress to do in chimp matching 😃

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Ok, let's start with assumed Vivie, the slim second female in ACP000cux8. I agree, that this is not Vivie. Vivie is more robust and has a different face.

What I do understand is that Orohena took the first female walking to the back for Hasina-Yvette and I would not exclude her per se (@Snorticus, Orohena meant the first female entering, going to the back beeing HY):

When we compare her to HY we can see the same reddish back with a dark upper part of swelling and a brighter aureola on her lower back. She has some longer hair in her nape and when I see her belly I think she might be pregnant (as we know of ACP000d2jh). She's got protruding, only slightly bent brows and a protruding muzzle, so much we can just see through the foliage.

To compare a juvenile in sideview is tricky, we know that. I see some sticking our ears, the left has a dent in the middle as we can see with Linden in ACP000d64b. His legs that are certainly not thinner than the ones of Linden in ACP000d5wq. He's got also about the same size. And now look at his tuft in ACP000d6if and compare it to the tuft in ACP000cux8: same feathery long thin tuft as Linden.

No time for more pic comparison. I think Orohena did a fine job with that already 😃

I know, we probably don't see enough of the female to be really sure, but I would support that match based on my arguments.

Posted

Oh I almost forgot:

I think the first female is Kekere. We don't have a front view of her, but we have a good back view from ACP000d683 and we know that she is an older female - same as this one here.

Compare with the back of the second female in ACP000cux8. Same swelling, same bony butt, same back color and same built in general.

Posted

• Orohena by Orohena

Ho I think I didn't compare with Kekere as we didn't have face view but, as you showed it, the back and butt are the same. With the middle bump and the two side one really looking alike.
    I would agree with you that the female on the right (GSFem07) is not Vivie as I thought, but Kekere. Which would mean we have now a face view (even though I struggle to see face differences with Vivie, I guess I will really have to compare butts 😃 ).

Posted

• midnightsun by midnightsun

I think that GSFem07's back is not grey enough to be Kekere. In the bipedal phase, it looks rather dark to me at 10 seconds when she enters.

I am thinking more about the female and older juvenile in ACP000dbsp as a match. This has also been discussed here: https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000v/discussions/DCP0001wk2 (on page 4)

If I read this correctly @AnLand, @NuiraM, and @Boleyn all agreed.

Posted

Antonio, Vittoria, could you please check this thread? Thanks a lot!

Posted

• Buzharevski by Buzharevski scientist, moderator

Tnx for reminding us about this! 😃 I agree on Hasina-Yvette and Linden for the first female to walk in and the infant walking to the left. As for the second female, am not sure. I don't see Kekere, nor Vivie, nor GSFem43... Maybe another opinion would help.

Posted

I am sorry, but I actually disagree on this. The female's body, face, and especially the swelling does not agree with Hasina-Yvette in my opinion. There is actually not seen anything from the juvenile (no face view). I think, matches should be based on clear traits. These are big communities here and without clear traits, we can't be sure.

Posted

• Buzharevski by Buzharevski scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Tnx for pointing this out! You're right about the juvenile, so it will remain as unidentifiable. As for HY, she has three votes with a SciMod approval, so her tag can stay

Posted

This is fine, I just want to keep my minority vote (together with @Snorticus) on the record.

Posted