Chimp & See Talk

**Mother and Juvenile at Dining Log?

• HeikeW by HeikeW

enter image description hereenter image description hereenter image description here! ACP000dmut ACP000dmvj

enter image description here ACP000dn3p

Can this be Fowey? The first two videos are within two minutes and he/she leaves about 15 minutes later.

enter image description hereenter image description here Fowey in ACP000dql2

I´m a little confused though. because of the little balding above the tuft. I thought of Fanny first, but isn´t there a first swelling?

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I agree to this. I can't really see any clear female parts and would still think male.

Posted

To further support this: there is another adult chimp in the back starting in ACP000dmvi. In ACP000dmvk we see first Yakini gray back on the log, then another gray-backed chimp with a small ventral infant takes over and Yakini walks away. in ACP000dmvl she stepps from the log and is better seen, her infant, too. This should be Flores and her infant. Balding and other facial traits agree (it's definitely not Blondie). But hard to see.

ACP000dn4f - they are both well seen. Fowey comes back. Flores and infant in back.

Posted

ACP000dpyh - this is probably Fowey, too. He's the only juvenile around and as the camera re-starts at the other near-by location, The family probably left.

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here

ACP000dn4f ................................. ACP000dql2 ................................................................ ACP000dmvj

Can those backs have similaryties? Sorry, I started a discussion about the juvenile on the right in the objects and suggested Fowey. The video on the left is only a few minutes later and it looks to me as if the same juvenile came back with mummy. The image in the middle shows Flores. So do we see Flores with infant and Fowey here?

Posted

Hi Heike, I just discussed this in your other thread and will merge the two discussions. OK? This way, we have it all together and yes, I agree. Great detective work!

Posted

Please step back a moment, I am merging!!!

OK, done and worked 😃

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

Thanks AnLand, I just didn´t know how to do this 😃

And when Flores appeares on the trunk and Lonn walks away, Fowey takes a seat hidden behind the leaves. You can still see him move in ACP000dmvk and ACP000dmvl .

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to HeikeW's comment.

No worries, @HeikeW, you can't merge discussions, only mods can 😃

I agree to Fowey in ACP000dmus and ACP000dmut and to Flores and infant in ACP000dmvi ACP000dmvk ACP000dmvl as well to the entire family in ACP000dn4f.

In that same video we can also see the big male on the very left turning towards the camera. It's Bohr and he's been there arriving in ACP000dmur and in ACP000dmus and ACP000dmut

then in ACP000dmvi ACP000dmvj ACP000dmvk ACP000dmvl

followed by ACP000dn3p (now clearly recognizable) ACP000dn3q ACP000dn3r ACP000dn3s

ACP000dn4f (as mentioned above) ACP000dn4j ACP000dn4m ACP000dn4o

next ACP000dn1m (Fowey well seen now on the left) ACP000dn1n ACP000dn1o ACP000dn1p (Sal needs also confirmation in this sequence)

next ACP000dmy2 ACP000dmy3 ACP000dmy4 ACP000dmy5 still Bohr and probably Sal, Fowey again seen

Would be nice if they'll got your votes!

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

enter image description here enter image description here

ACP000dn3p ....................... ACP000dn9d

Yes, I agree to all your Bohr suggestions. Here Bohr in this "dining log" series compared to Bohr as "charging guy".

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

In ACP000dn3p and ACP000dn3q there is a fourth individual visible behind Bohr. In ACP000dn3r I think Sal´s eyes and balding are visible. And she is still behind Bohr in ACP000dn3s .

enter image description here

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

ACP000dn4j Isn´t this Sal´s face again, now back on her place right from Bohr? Her back is also seen in ACP000dn4f

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

enter image description here ACP000dn1o

And here, chewing. So I agree on Sal being there in ACP000dn1m ACP000dn1n ACP000dn1o ACP000dn1p

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

Flores and Fowey, after having entered the scene again in ACP000dn4f are still there in ACP000dn4j . Flores comes towards Sal from far left and bends over her. Fowey, coming from behind the log climbs over it and sits down at his mother´s former position. In ACP000dn4m and ACP000dn4o they are still visible. In ACP000dn1m Flores is not visible, but we see Fowey leaving.

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

In ACP000dn3r another chimp arrives. I can´t see where he comes from. But grey legs and back are visible. In ACP000dn3s he sits down on Sal´s right side. In ACP000dn4f ACP000dn4j ACP000dn4m his back is still seen. ACP000dn4o he leaves and it´s GSMale12d.

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

ACP000dmy3 I agree on Fowey.

Posted

Looks good to me. I agree.

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

ACP000dmy3

ACP000dn9d ACP000dn9f

ACP000dn38 ACP000dn53

Here the back of Sal unconfirmed ( first two images ) compared to her back a day before. Bodybuild I think would fit, also the light fur above her swelling. I´m not sure about the swelling though and don´t dare to confirm her from what is visible 😕

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Hei detective @HeikeW thanks, you're doing great!

I think we can say now for sure that this is Sal, as she was already confirmed earlier in the series.

Nuria, as SciMod for Greensnowflake, are you going to tag them as a final confirmation or shall we do it? Thanks!

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

There is still one ID missing in this dining log party: First one coming and first one sitting on the right. He arrives in ACP000dmuq sits down and stays there until ACP000dn1p. Grey back and legs, looks male and I can´t say more. Bottom best seen here:

enter image description here ACPooodn3q

I´m not sure wether it is possible to match him, honestly I have no idea :-\

Posted

Oh yes, thanks, he's male, only slightly grey back, slim built - I think it's Fouts. He disappears between ACP000dn1p and ACP000dmy2 where Sal takes his place. He might be gone to the other place to have a drink and returned in the next recorded sequence 10 minutes later. Eliot and Paddy joined the party in ACP000dmya ACP000dmyb ACP000dmyc and ACP000dmye and Fouts probably came back again. The backs look very much alike.

Let's see if Nuria agrees on him. She will be checking the GS threads tomorrow.

Posted

One more: Frinton is already IDed in ACP000dn4o so we know he's behind that branch as well.

In videos ACP000dmvi and ACP000dmvj we see some movement behind the branch on the left and part of a face is seen, with fairly straight brows. I think this is Frinton. So because we know he's there in that scene I think we could as well tag him.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

I am actually pretty sure that the chimp who's face and balding we can see is Flores. That's totally her face. Frinton has much more hair and a broader face.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

No problem with that, yes could be Flores not Frinton, we obviously just don't know how many chimps are hiding behind that branch 😕

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

enter image description here Another reminder for tagging 😮)

Posted

Isn't that picture super cute? Thanks Heike, I'm sure Antonio or Mimi will get to this sooner or later. The discussion is stared ** so they know that some action is needed. And this particular scene is quite time-consuming to check. We just need some patience here, thanks! 😃

Posted

This discussion got burried under a lot of other ones. Heike, Anja and I put quite an effort in it so it would be nice if either of the SciMods could spend a little while with this sequence.

I made an overview of the videos on the frst page of this discussion and enter now the names that need confirmation in the clips. Three of us agreed to all of them, I think.

Almost througout the entire sequence the first chimp on the left never raises his head. We assume he's Fouts which is confirmed here some minutes later in ACP000dmya ACP000dmyb ACP000dmyc and ACP000dmye. What we can see of the back looks the same and it's also the same spot.

Thanks!

Posted

Yes, I checked again with all videos in question and Heidi's annotations, and I agree.

Posted

• Buzharevski by Buzharevski scientist, moderator

Hey guys,

so this one was a tough one and I'm still not sure what exactly's going on. From the discussion I gathered this much:

In ACP000dmvq we see Sal and and unidentified chimp on the left-hand side. On the right side we see Yakini.
    In ACP000dmvr it's the same situation as before with Bohr suggested behind the branches.
    In ACP000dmvs Bohr joins Sal on the left side. On the right side we still have Yakini and Fowey is suggested to join.
    In ACP000dmvt on the left side we have, Bohr, Sal and an unidetified chimp. On the right side we have Fowey and Yakini.
    In ACP000dmvi is the same situation from before, just Flores is suggested to be behind the leaves.
    In ACP000dmvj Yakini and Fowey move.
    In ACP000dmvk Lonn appears from behind the branches.
    In ACP000dmvl Yakini appears from behind teh branches, and Flores is visible with GSInf14.
    In ACP000dn3p Bohr, Fowey and an unidentifiable are visible on the left side. Fowey leaves.
    In ACP000dn3q only Bohr and the unidentifiable chimp are visible.
    In ACP000dn3r we see Sal, Bohr, Frinton and an unidentifiable chimp.
    In ACP000dn3s is the same as before.
    In ACP000dn4f Flores and Fowey appear. Flores stayes on the left side and Fowey moves on the right.
    In ACP000dn4j We see Flores and GSInf14, Bohr, Sal and Frinton. On the left is Fowey.
    In ACP000dn4m is the same as before.
    In ACP000dn4o we have Frinton, Sal, Bohr and a barely visible Flores.
    In ACP000dn1m Fowey is leaving and Bohr and Sal are seen with a third unidentified chimp sitting on the right from them.
    In ACP000dn1n we see Bohr and Sal with a third nonID chimp.
    In ACP000dn1o is the same as last video.
    In ACP000dmy2 Bohr and Sal are seen.
    In ACP000dmy3 in addition to Bohr and Sal Fowey arrives.
    In ACP000dmy4 we see Bohr and Sal again.
    In ACP000dmy5 is the same as last video.

Hope I got everything right. 😃

Cheers,
    Antonio

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Buzharevski's comment.

Hi Antonio, something is off with your video IDs - at least the first four of them show something totally different. Could you please check this again and maybe link the correct videos, so that we can review it again in order? Thank you!

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

You got it, Antonio! It's only the first 4 numbers that are wrong: Instead of ACP000dmvq etc. it should be ACP000dmuq, ACP000dmur ACP000dmus ACP000dmut. Then the series continues with ACP000dmvi and ends with ACP000dmy5, that's all correct. To make it a bit easier I made notes in every video of the sequence with our suggestions.

I just added Fouts where I saw fit because half an hour later we have Eliot, Paddy and Fouts confirmed in ACP000dmya. Fouts is at the same place where the unidentified chimp from before sits. He is the first to arrive in ACP000dmvq and it's the same grayish back througout the sequence. Thus I'm sure the unidentified chimp is Fouts.

It's the same back I think, at the very same place, but maybe you can compare them better in the clips: ACP000dmya and ACP000dmuq

Posted

Antonio, shall I tag the agreements?

Posted