Chimp & See Talk

**Match proposal Layla & infant, followed by Jana

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

This seems to be Layla (white beard, form of balding) with her infant, followed by Jana.

Posted

• hoothoot by hoothoot

Given the baldness and the infant AND the juveline following, Layla would make most sense.
    Checking the other known females with infants and baldness, Gaia and Siena also came to mind. But Gaia's back is light, while the back of this female seems black from what can be seen. This would leave Siena as a possible candidate apart from Layla, but would not explain the juvenile.
    In the description it said that both Layla's and Siena's infants travel ventrally, yet this one is dorsal. Is this because some time has passed since we last saw them ?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to hoothoot's comment.

We know that Layla got the infant between November 2012 and March 2013 but I'm not sure if we can be more precise. Maybe @Anland knows more?

Anyway, these are my notes from the review:

It's a tough one but those could be Layla with a still small infant riding dorsally and Jana I think. I don't insist on it though.

Now that makes three quite uncertain votes.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I am rather certain. 😃

Well, we do see Layla without an infant until December 10, 2012 - any time after that the baby could be born, right? So it could already be approx. 6 months and with that riding on the back.

Posted