Chimp & See Talk

Yakini and Eliot?

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

The two males I think are Yakini and Eliot.

I go for Yakini here because of the less flashy testies as Lonns' and the even grey on back and legs. Compare to Yakini in ACP000dmtf and Lonn in ACP000dogu.

Second one looks like Eliot because he just looks like that ๐Ÿ˜„ Seriously, face is very clear and size, color and uneven testies say Eliot.

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

enter image description here
    ACP000do6k Yakini ................................................. ACP000dcxt ............................................................ ACP000dsjb Lonn

The camera perspective is a little different for Yakini and I think this is what makes him look smaller, but nevertheless I would think this is Lonn. Can testies be even more flashy? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ)

I do agree on Eliot ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

ACP000dcxt Eliot proposed .............................................................................. ACP000d2jl

I am puzzled ๐Ÿ˜Ž The young male looking like Eliot ( and having irregular testies ) is followed by Kekere. Canยดt he be Eliot then and do we at all see Group 1 chimps in front of this camera?

Posted

Oh my Heike, you almost gave me a heart attack ๐Ÿ˜„

No, the youngster in ACP000d2jl is not Eliot. Although his testies are irregular they are left down/right up while Eliots are a bit bigger and right down/left up ๐Ÿ˜‰
    There are places where we have seen chimps of both groups but not on this one where ACP000d2jl is from (at least I think so...).

As for the grey backed male. I see your arguments but I still think it's Yakini. It's not that he'd had no testies they are just dark and a bit higher up and thus not well seen in daylight but in b/w this can be very different. The bending of his lower back looks more like Yakini's as well. And I miss the dark wedge shaped part that Lonn has right above his butt.

I'm not insisting on it thoug but maybe we get some more opinions on this specific butt view ๐Ÿ˜„

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

Heidi, I apologize about this shock ๐Ÿ˜„ You are the better expert on butts ;D I am now sure that it is not Eliot in ACP000d2jl and puzzled about the Yakini / Lonn question ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Posted

LOL - puzzled is good! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

After having spent an influenca day on the sofa I still feel too puzzled for this butt discussion, This is why I only post the images I found for others to comment ๐Ÿ˜Ž

enter image description here ACP000dcxt

Yakini ACP000dmtf .................................................. ACP000dmtc ...................................................... ACP000dr6p

Lonn ACP000do9x .................................................. ACP000dogt ........................................................... ACP000dogu

And the mysterious wedges:

ACP000do9x Lonn .................................................. ACP000dvd9 Eliot .................................................. ACP000dql0 Flores
    ACP000dqkx Fouts ............................ ACP000dpcg Paddy ....................... ACP000dmko Cassini ................... ACP000dlrp Cleo

I think wether those wedges show or donยดt ยดshow depends very much on light and perspective? ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Posted

Awesome comparison, thanks a lot Heike and get well very soon! It's a shame to be in bed with a weather like this! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Yes, the wedge is also a matter of light and angle but in the suggested Yakini video I think it should show but I see more a half moon there than a wedge. btw, you might want to replace the video no. next to the first image with ACP000dcxt I think the butt of this porcupine is a bit too prickly to be Yakini's. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ)

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

It was a nice porcupine video though ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Yes, I think if it was Lonn there shouldnยดt be a half moon visible and he is too heavy for being Frinton. Itยดs a shame that we canยดt see the face or an ear. Are there no other Panda - bottoms in group 1? If so, he should be identifiable as Yakini by exclusion?

Posted

• Buzharevski by Buzharevski scientist, moderator

I go for Lonn in ACP000dcxt ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

...that's for the first male. And the second one I say Eliot ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

We're still struggling here: Is the first male Lonn or Yakini? Many arguments, an excellent pic comparison by Heike, anyone likes to put their 2 cents in are more than welcome ๐Ÿ˜„ Thanks!!

Posted

It seems we're not able to determine for sure whether it's Yakini or Lonn. Thanks for trying! Unstared.

Posted

• vittoriaestienne by vittoriaestienne scientist, moderator

the Yakini vs. Lonn discussion for the first male in ACP000dcxt is a tough one!
    I checked the Tag groups for both males... I think that the first male in this video looks like Yakini in ACP000d37y and ACP000czeu , as well as the pictures provided by Heike (great job!).
    I have found nothing convincing for a match with Lonn, so I would say Yakini.

Posted

Well we go with Yakini then ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to vittoriaestienne's comment.

Yay! Thanks a lot - you just made my day ๐Ÿ˜„

Posted