Chimp & See Talk

Bohr, Lonn and Cassini?

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Here are some males with only backviews but I think quite obvious: ACP000dx7s and ACP000dx7u with Bohr leading and Lonn as second. Bohr is the only male of group one with this size, body built, dark back and log testies. Compare to ACP000dmzi. The second one is about the same size but with a grey back. We can shortly see his upward pointing muzzle and his flashy long testies when he's between the trees.

Bohr?

enter image description here

followed by Lonn?

Already posted in the Cassini thread but a bit burried are videos ACP000dx7w and ACP000dx7y. Here I think we have Cassini. He does not use his right hand. Nuria wanted to hear more opinions about this proposal.

Posted

• Buzharevski by Buzharevski scientist, moderator

I'm not sure. Can't really make any conclusion from these shots. Gonna need more comments 😃

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

ACP000dx7s ............................................................. ACP000dr9h ........................................................ ACP000dmlo

Bohr, I think yes. Bodybuild and colours fit and there is no other like him in group 1. Also very Bohrish are the huge long fur - tufts behind his legs.

Lonn, yes. Big male, light back and legs, showy testies and a wedgy panda - bottom. Too big for being Frinton, testies too visible for being Yakini.

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

Cassini, sorry I don´t know. His looks would fit. Also the up and down of his gait. See for example ACP000g33f. But I did find no other video where he is so fast. What makes me doubt is that he is running with his right side leading. When he´s walking slowly it´s the other way round or just straight. Sorry, I can´t say without another running - video of him. 😦

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to HeikeW's comment.

No problem, thank you, Heike!

Posted

• vittoriaestienne by vittoriaestienne scientist, moderator in response to HeikeW's comment.

For videos ACP000dx7s and ACP000dx7u I am pretty sure I agree with you guys about Bohr.
    Unsure about Lonn.. following Heike's comment I compared the second guy in these videos to Lonn, Frinton and Yakini and I can agree that is not Frinton or Yakini.

Posted

• vittoriaestienne by vittoriaestienne scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

About videos ACP000dx7w and ACP000dx7y it makes sense to me to think it's Cassini, he runs a bit weird and seems to avoid putting too much weight on the right hand. the back looks similar to Cassini's to me.

Posted

So we have three votes for Bohr in the first two clips. I'm going to tag him then.
    Further on there are 2,5 votes for Lonn and about the same for Cassini in the next two videos. 😃

Vittoria: We are clear that these are group 1 males. So there are only three with a really bright back: Yakini, Frinton and Lonn. When you can exclude the first two, Lonn is the only one to remain. Would this be enough for you for the second half of your vote? 😉

I don't know what to do with Cassini. We'd probably better leave him untagged...

Posted

• vittoriaestienne by vittoriaestienne scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

ok, the explanation you gave makes sense to me.. so Lonn will be. 😃

Posted

Hey guys, based on the comments and my 2 cents I tagged Lonn in the first two videos (ACP000dx7s and ACP000dx7u), and Cassini in ACP000dx7w and ACP000dx7y 😃

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Antonio, I added back some needCID's for videos where we haven't identified all chimps. OK?

Posted

Hey Anja, you're right for ACP000dx7s and ACP000dx7u, thank you for tagging them. Do you maybe have a suggestion for the juvenile?
    As for ACP000dx7w I only see one chimp, as is in the following video (ACP000dx7y). I will remove the needCID tag from the first one, as for the latter I don't understand the hashtag in "I can only see #1_chimp".

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Buzharevski's comment.

In ACP000dx7w, there is actually at least a second chimp on the far right in the back. You see someone moving. He still needs a needCID as we only identified Cassini here. Before in ACP000dx7u there are Lonn and Bohr and the unidentified juvenile. So, they are somewhere in the back and it could be Lonn (as he was last) and/or the juvenile. Heidi thinks she sees three chimps per her tag. But there is definitely more than one chimp and you tagged only one, so we need a needCID or a decision who that is in the back and how many are there.

In ACP000dx7y, I only see one chimp (Cassini), but Heidi thinks there are two. If it's only one, my tag is OK, if there are two we need a needCID or a decision who that is (still the same choice as we had Lonn, Bohr, and the juvenile here before).

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

in ACP000dx7w its really hard to be sure its a chimp, so we are going to leave it as a cassini-only video, as its part of the same video sequence as the other clip you mentioned, this won't affect our data analyses.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Heidi, can you then please change your chimp_count tags for ACP000dx7w and ACP000dx7y to reflect that there is only one chimp? Thanks!

Posted

Ok, I deleted the tag in ACP000dx7y (although there is still movement) and I changed it to 2_chimp in ACP000dx7w because we know that these are chimps. It's the direct continuation of ACP000dx7u and the chimps have not yet completely disappeared. At least Lonn's grey back is still clearly seen in ACP000dx7w so I tagged him there.

Posted