Chimp & See Talk

**All group 1 males - and not yet Id'd!

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Videos ACP000dyqw ACP000dyqx ACP000dyqy and ACP000dyqz features almost every single group 1 male we have met during our time at Green-Snowflake. But when the videos showed up for classification we probably didn't know them that well. But now we do and thus are able to tell them apart 😃

In order of appearance:

ACP000dyqw Frinton sitting down in the middle, Cassini sitting down on the right, Yakini walking throug and Paddy right at the end.

Have a look at Yakini: he's GOT testies, I always knew and in b/w videos they ARE visible, almost as flashy as Lonn's 😄

ACP000dyqx Paddy crossing, Frinton stands up and leaves, Cassini stands up, Fouts appears all walking now, last a glance of Bohr on the left

ACP000dyqy Fouts and Bohr still on the left, Eliot coming in and finally our lonely warrior Lonn.

ACP000dyqz Lonn leaving

The only one missing from group 1 is Oden. I guess he sneaked by on the left 😉

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

What is the argument that this can only be group 1 members? We did not see them here (at this camera) before, right? There is only one face view in a distance. I don't see Cassini's injury or a suggestive gait. I would like to have some context here. If we are sure that this is group 1, fine. If not - we have so very many males at this site from different group. This is not a very conservative call for my taste. But maybe there is more to it than I see at the moment.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I also moved to the GS-16 board.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

I promised Mimi to post all GS videos with identifiable chimps this weekend. If I have to argue every time I'm sure I know the chimps with the same arguments over and over I will never be finished. I'm sure there are more volunteers who will recognize this all male group as group 1 chimps. There's not a single one I couldn't name and some faces and backs are very typical, like Yakini, Lonn, Frinton, Eliot's and Paddy's backsides, Fouts built and back etc. etc.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

If there is no discussion / questioning / arguments allowed, you can just tag them with Mimi's agreement. Then there is no need to open a discussion in the first place. I think we should be careful here as it is not clear that these are actually group 1 chimps.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

It was never my intention to tag them without consensus, that's why I opened up the discussion. If they were not identifiable I wouldn't have done it. I'm just looking for some constructive opinions here and not only a dissmissale because there are so many male chimps here. We also know that chimps are roaming and the fact that we might not have seen them here does not mean that they can't visit this place.

And you can't dismiss an entire group just because you don't see Cassini's injury. I quite well recognize his profle and many traits of other group 1 members so that I am sure it's them.

Now is it ok when other volunteers also offer their opinions? Thanks.

Posted

Yes, my thoughts are that I don't see any clear face view, no injury in what you suggest is Cassini (or a strange gait). I am also having second thoughts because of the testicle situation of the Yakini proposal. I do not dismiss the group, I am missing clear arguments why each of them must be the individual that you suggest, considering that we have several groups here and many unidentified males.

If I would be sure that this is indeed group 1 (which I am not), I could agree to Frinton and maybe to Cassini profile (but Oden has a similar profile and body build and we wouldn't expect an injury for him). But I am not sure and that is my main argument.

Posted

If the one I think is Cassini would be Oden we ought to see more of his long bright hair in the nape. But there is no such hair. We don't see much of the gait because it's mostly covered by Fouts but we can see that he seems to go easy on his right hand. It's not that he never puts it down, just more carefully as e.g. in ACP000d3dt or ACP000d0z8.

For Yakini I have to say that I still think that the chimp in ACP000dcxt is Yakini and not Lonn. The belly is just too thick to be Lonn and this typical bulge on his waist line when he moves I have only seen with Yakini like below. For the testies I really think they are just too dark to be seen well in daylight and he's got lots of hair around his private parts.

enter image description here

Fouts back varies quite a lot depending on the light. But we already discussed that he has quite a straight color line between grey back and dark thighs. It looks a bit like a grey plate, seen here: ACP000dsx8 or in ACP000dmtw.

I'll argue about the other chimps later.

Posted

We actually don't have any b/w footage from Oden, so it's not clear what we would see from the lighter section. 😉

Posted

This one still needs attention. I'm aware that it must be quite hard for somebody who doesn't know the chimps well at GS. Nonetheless I would be glad if you gave it a try as I am absolutely sure that we have our group 1 males here. If you need the arguments for every single chimp please tell me, but maybe you can do it with their descriptions and videos in the Known/Prosepctive list.

Thanks for trying!

Posted