Chimp & See Talk

Identifiable chimps (group 1 by place and/or association)

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

To have the last match proposals from my review all together I post here from my proposal list of identifiable chimps that should – in my opinion – belong to group 1 either by association or by camera location. So, we can discuss here from a known group composition.

I will post two separate proposals later today and that would be it from my review.

ACP000dkgp / ACP000dkgr / ACP000dkgt / ACP000dkgw
    This is group 1 as Loika and Cassini are already identified. Heidi suggested some names in the comments. I had on my list Fouts and Eliot (so, we agree here). She also suggests Lonn (I had Yakini on my list), but because of the now unclear testicle situation I don’t know. Heidi also suggests the first chimp (very far) as Bohr. I would not go there.
    For ACP000dkgt – Heidi suggests Oden, I had him as Paddy on my list.

ACP000dove / ACP000dovg / ACP000dovh / ACP000dovi
    I think this individual does not have full body size. There seems to be testicles. TChalla is the only one that could fit here, but I am not sure. Maybe best for comparison with TChalla in ACP000dsr3 and ACP000drja possible.

ACP000dswa – Nuria and I both think that it is Paddy leaving here.

ACP000dsxy – seems to be Paddy as well

ACP000drox – Heidi thinks that young male in the back (walking to the left) might be Eliot. I could agree here.

ACP000driq – in the back is a juvenile (left side) with a white tuft and close to Kiana before she is moving rightwards. This should be Loika per association.

ACP000drzq / ACP000drzs / ACP000drzt / ACP000drzu
    These individuals don’t come closer, but from the female’s body build and darkness, size of infant and the juvenile I would guess Kiana, Loika, and GSInf26.

ACP000dsg7 / ACP000dsg8 / ACP000dsga / ACP000dsgc – he is since a while as a match to GSMale12 (now Frinton) on my list. Short face view in ACP000dsg8 and full body view thereafter

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Let's see... I'll just copy/paste your suggestion and add my notes so it's easier for the SciMods:

ACP000dkgp / ACP000dkgr / ACP000dkgt / ACP000dkgw This is group 1 as Loika and Cassini are already identified. Heidi suggested some names in the comments. I had on my list Fouts and Eliot (so, we agree here). She also suggests Lonn (I had Yakini on my list), but because of the now unclear testicle situation I don’t know. Heidi also suggests the first chimp (very far) as Bohr. I would not go there. For ACP000dkgt – Heidi suggests Oden, I had him as Paddy on my list.

Boleyn: Fouts (first) and Eliot (fourth chimp in the row): still a yes from me

As for the initially suggested Lonn I changed my mind and suggest Frinton instead. I think Lonn is heavier (and Yakini even more) and what also speaks for Frinton is that darker spot on the left of his lower back. Maybe it's not a spot but a dimpel or the like. Compare to ACP000dro2. There's also missing the wedge-like darker spot Lonn has above his butt, so one more trait in favour of Frinton.

ACP000dkgt / ACP000dkgw I'm still for Oden because of his slightly bright back and the long also a bit bright hair in his neck. Paddy is completly black, so I would not say it's him.

ACP000dove / ACP000dovg / ACP000dovh / ACP000dovi I think this individual does not have full body size. There seems to be testicles. TChalla is the only one that could fit here, but I am not sure. Maybe best for comparison with TChalla in ACP000dsr3 and ACP000drja possible.

Boleyn: I don't think this is T'Challa and I'd rather go for Eliot than for him. T'Challa still has a clearly visible tuft and the chimp in the sequence above has no tuft at all but big testies and is all black, like Eliot. The face is too even to be Paddy's, so Eliot is the only logical one here for me.

Boleyn: Agree to Paddy for both, first color and size of butt/callusy cushion more Paddy than Eliot and second face looks like Paddy as well.

ACP000drox – Heidi thinks that young male in the back (walking to the left) might be Eliot. I could agree here.

Boleyn: I still do, because from this perspective and distance he looks like Will - which ended up being Eliot 😃

ACP000driq – in the back is a juvenile (left side) with a white tuft and close to Kiana before she is moving rightwards. This should be Loika per association.

Boleyn: I couldn't image anyone else so close by Kiana and her infant other than Loika. We jave more videos of her when she's feeding at the back of the trunk.

ACP000drzq / ACP000drzs / ACP000drzt / ACP000drzu These individuals don’t come closer, but from the female’s body build and darkness, size of infant and the juvenile I would guess Kiana, Loika, and GSInf26.

Boleyn: I agree on Kiana and infant here. I see her typical wide, bald forehead, dark hair and the size of the infant fits as well as the almost white muzzle of GSInf26.
    Not sure on Loika though, do you think it's the one on the log or is she somewhere in the background?

ACP000dsg7 / ACP000dsg8 / ACP000dsga / ACP000dsgc – he is since a while as a match to GSMale12 (now Frinton) on my list. Short face view in ACP000dsg8 and full body view thereafter

Boleyn: Yes, totally Frinton: Size, color, back 😃

Posted

• vittoriaestienne by vittoriaestienne scientist, moderator

Hello,

I will do as Boleyn wisely did and will paste below the comments both of you gave and my ideas about these suggestions.

you wrote

ACP000dkgp / ACP000dkgr / ACP000dkgt / ACP000dkgw This is group 1 as Loika and Cassini are already identified.
    Heidi suggested some names in the comments. I had on my list Fouts and Eliot (so, we agree here). She also suggests
    Lonn (I had Yakini on my list), but because of the now unclear testicle situation I don’t know. Heidi also suggests the first
    chimp (very far) as Bohr. I would not go there. For ACP000dkgt – Heidi suggests Oden, I had him as Paddy on my list.

As for the initially suggested Lonn I changed my mind and suggest Frinton instead. I think Lonn is heavier (and
    Yakini even more) and what also speaks for Frinton is that darker spot on the left of his lower back. Maybe it's
    not a spot but a dimpel or the like. Compare to ACP000dro2. There's also missing the wedge-like darker spot Lonn
    has above his butt, so one more trait in favour of Frinton.

ACP000dkgt / ACP000dkgw I'm still for Oden because of his slightly bright back and the long also a bit bright hair in his
    neck. Paddy is completly black, so I would not say it's him.

vittoria:

video ACP000dkgp : for the very first individual far back behind the vegetation, I would not try any guess.

• first visible male: although the general appearance of the back can match Fouts, I cannot clearly see his typical tufts of long hair on the top of his shoulders.

• second adult male in the row, third individual overall in the row, directly after the juvenile: agree on Frinton (I used for comparison ACP000cw8z). The legs of this individual are blonder than if it was Lonn (Lonn in ACP000dsjc). Yakini looks chubber than the individual in this video to me; also, the black area around the anus is not as well defined as it is for Frinton (I used the video of Yakini in ACP000do6k for reference).

• third adult male, fourth individual overall in the row: I can agree with Eliot ( I used ACP000d0yh , ACP000dcxt and ACP000dkq9 for reference).

videos ACP000dkgt / ACP000dkgw: I agree that this back can be Oden's back (I used ACP000dswc as reference).
    However, being 100% sure is difficult. Paddy looks darker than this individual to me.

you wrote:

ACP000dove / ACP000dovg / ACP000dovh / ACP000dovi I think this individual does not have full body size. There
    seems to be testicles. TChalla is the only one that could fit here, but I am not sure. Maybe best for comparison
    with TChalla in ACP000dsr3 and ACP000drja possible.

Boleyn: I don't think this is T'Challa and I'd rather go for Eliot than for him. T'Challa still has a clearly
    visible tuft and the chimp in the sequence above has no tuft at all but big testies and is all black, like Eliot.
    The face is too even to be Paddy's, so Eliot is the only logical one here for me.

vittoria:
    I think testes are visible and that individual looks like an adult male to me. Too far in my opinion to be sure about the ID, although Eliot could fit.

you wrote:

Boleyn: Agree to Paddy for both, first color and size of butt/callusy cushion more Paddy than Eliot and second face looks like Paddy as well.

vittoria:

for video ACP000dswa : If this refers to the back leaving on the right, I am afraid I cannot say anything about that. Maybe if we had the videos preceding this one, we could have a better look of that individual. Like this, I can't see how to recognize the individual.

for video ACP000dsxy : I assume this refers to the individual walking (as the video is already tagged for Oden). I agree that the one walking looks like Paddy.

you wrote:

Boleyn: I still do, because from this perspective and distance he looks like Will - which ended up being Eliot

vittoria: Sorry I can't say anything about this one, too far for me...

you wrote:

ACP000driq – in the back is a juvenile (left side) with a white tuft and close to Kiana before she is moving
    rightwards. This should be Loika per association.

Boleyn: I couldn't image anyone else so close by Kiana and her infant other than Loika. We jave more videos of her
    when she's feeding at the back of the trunk."

vittoria:
    Also in this case, I can't say anything about the ID. Either we accept that juvenile is Loika per association, or we try to find other videos belonging to this episode where we could have a better look.

you wrote:

ACP000drzq / ACP000drzs / ACP000drzt / ACP000drzu These individuals don’t come closer, but from the female’s body
    build and darkness, size of infant and the juvenile I would guess Kiana, Loika, and GSInf26.

Boleyn: I agree on Kiana and infant here. I see her typical wide, bald forehead, dark hair and the size of the
    infant fits as well as the almost white muzzle of GSInf26. Not sure on Loika though, do you think it's the one on
    the log or is she somewhere in the background?

vittoria: Sorry, female and infant too far for me to have an opinion. Also the juvenile on the left side, on the log behind the bush, is barely visible to me.

you wrote:

ACP000dsg7 / ACP000dsg8 / ACP000dsga / ACP000dsgc – he is since a while as a match to GSMale12 (now Frinton) on
    my list. Short face view in ACP000dsg8 and full body view thereafter

Boleyn: Yes, totally Frinton: Size, color, back"

vittoria: Agree with Frinton

Posted

• Buzharevski by Buzharevski scientist, moderator

Hey guys,

here are my comments:

you wrote

ACP000dkgp / ACP000dkgr / ACP000dkgt / ACP000dkgw This is group 1 as Loika and Cassini are already identified. Heidi suggested some names in the comments. I had on my list Fouts and Eliot (so, we agree here). She also suggests Lonn (I had Yakini on my list), but because of the now unclear testicle situation I don’t know. Heidi also suggests the first chimp (very far) as Bohr. I would not go there. For ACP000dkgt – Heidi suggests Oden, I had him as Paddy on my list.

As for the initially suggested Lonn I changed my mind and suggest Frinton instead. I think Lonn is heavier (and Yakini even more) and what also speaks for Frinton is that darker spot on the left of his lower back. Maybe it's not a spot but a dimpel or the like. Compare to ACP000dro2. There's also missing the wedge-like darker spot Lonn has above his butt, so one more trait in favour of Frinton.

ACP000dkgt / ACP000dkgw I'm still for Oden because of his slightly bright back and the long also a bit bright hair in his neck. Paddy is completly black, so I would not say it's him.

vittoria:

video ACP000dkgp : for the very first individual far back behind the vegetation, I would not try any guess.

first visible male: although the general appearance of the back can match Fouts, I cannot clearly see his typical tufts of long hair on the top of his shoulders.

second adult male in the row, third individual overall in the row, directly after the juvenile: agree on Frinton (I used for comparison ACP000cw8z). The legs of this individual are blonder than if it was Lonn (Lonn in ACP000dsjc). Yakini looks chubber than the individual in this video to me; also, the black area around the anus is not as well defined as it is for Frinton (I used the video of Yakini in ACP000do6k for reference).

third adult male, fourth individual overall in the row: I can agree with Eliot ( I used ACP000d0yh , ACP000dcxt and ACP000dkq9 for reference).

videos ACP000dkgt / ACP000dkgw: I agree that this back can be Oden's back (I used ACP000dswc as reference). However, being 100% sure is difficult. Paddy looks darker than this individual to me.

Antonio:

in the videos ACP000dkgp / ACP000dkgr I agree on Frinto and Eliot that are already tagged. For the first chimp that is not visible at all I say it's unidentifiable.
    The only chimp remaining is the first visible male that I agree to be Fouts due to the genral look of the back.

you wrote:

ACP000dove / ACP000dovg / ACP000dovh / ACP000dovi I think this individual does not have full body size. There seems to be testicles. TChalla is the only one that could fit here, but I am not sure. Maybe best for comparison with TChalla in ACP000dsr3 and ACP000drja possible.

Boleyn: I don't think this is T'Challa and I'd rather go for Eliot than for him. T'Challa still has a clearly visible tuft and the chimp in the sequence above has no tuft at all but big testies and is all black, like Eliot. The face is too even to be Paddy's, so Eliot is the only logical one here for me.

vittoria:
    I think testes are visible and that individual looks like an adult male to me. Too far in my opinion to be sure about the ID, although Eliot could fit.

Antonio:
    I agree on Eliot too. Also tagged. 😃

you wrote:

Boleyn:Agree to Paddy for both, first color and size of butt/callusy cushion more Paddy than Eliot and second face looks like Paddy as well.

vittoria:

for video ACP000dswa : If this refers to the back leaving on the right, I am afraid I cannot say anything about that. Maybe if we had the videos preceding this one, we could have a better look of that individual. Like this, I can't see how to recognize the individual.

for video ACP000dsxy : I assume this refers to the individual walking (as the video is already tagged for Oden). I agree that the one walking looks like Paddy.

Antonio:

I agree with Vito. Paddy tagged in ACP000dsxy. If there is no other video flanking ACP000dswa then I would say the chimp leaving is unidentifiable.

you wrote:

Boleyn: I still do, because from this perspective and distance he looks like Will - which ended up being Eliot

vittoria: Sorry I can't say anything about this one, too far for me...

Antonio:

I agree with Heidi, and I tagged Eliot.

you wrote:

Boleyn: I couldn't image anyone else so close by Kiana and her infant other than Loika. We jave more videos of her when she's feeding at the back of the trunk."

vittoria: Also in this case, I can't say anything about the ID. Either we accept that juvenile is Loika per association, or we try to find other videos belonging to this episode where we could have a better look.

Antonio:
    I don't think that we can tag a chimp just by association.

you wrote:

ACP000drzq / ACP000drzs / ACP000drzt / ACP000drzu These individuals don’t come closer, but from the female’s body build and darkness, size of infant and the juvenile I would guess Kiana, Loika, and GSInf26.

Boleyn: I agree on Kiana and infant here. I see her typical wide, bald forehead, dark hair and the size of the infant fits as well as the almost white muzzle of GSInf26. Not sure on Loika though, do you think it's the one on the log or is she somewhere in the background?

vittoria: Sorry, female and infant too far for me to have an opinion. Also the juvenile on the left side, on the log behind the bush, is barely visible to me.

Antonio:
    I agree with Vito. I'd say these are unidentifiable.

you wrote:

Boleyn: Yes, totally Frinton: Size, color, back"

vittoria: Agree with Frinton

Antonio:
    I agree with Frinton. Tagged 😃

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Thanks Vittoria and Antonio, nice clean-up 😃

Posted