Chimp & See Talk

Young male with prominent, straight brow

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

This is a proposal for a young male from the habituated group. He is rather lean, but big, and has a prominent browline.

ACP000dgr4

enter image description here

ACP000dg2m / ACP000dg2o in the back - here looking in camera direction

enter image description here

There is another young male that I would consider identifiable in ACP000dhp2 - but I think he looks different and I post this just for comparison.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Body size/color might fit but I'm not sure about the face. I think the muzzle and face of the first in general is shorter and the brows are more rounded than the second guy's one.

Posted

• vittoriaestienne by vittoriaestienne scientist, moderator

Hello,
    I kind of agree with you that the individuals you pointed out in ACP000dgr4 and in ACP000dg2m / ACP000dg2o look similar. However, in both cases they are rather far from the camera so we cannot be sure about their facial features. Thus, it's hard for me to be sure about the match...

Posted

• Buzharevski by Buzharevski scientist, moderator

To me they look like two different chimps. The lower back of the second guy is slightly more bent I think.

Posted

Do we maybe have other suggestions?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

I guess we won't be able to make more matches on the Ngogo chimps. We were already lucky to find Ingo (formerly GSMale28) and Beebo (formerly GSMale32) again in this parade. If this group was more familiar maybe but not with only few other videos of possible but not certain Ngogo chimps.

Posted

I'm just gonna make temp IDs for all three chimps. Maybe a match will be found later 😃

Posted