Chimp & See Talk

How to find and change wrong hashtags โ€ฆ

• luca-chimp by luca-chimp

Arrg ... I just noticed, that I did a lot of incorrect tagging with Habituation instead of habituated ... I tried to find "habituation" over the search-function, to fix it, but this does not work. How can I find these hashtags to correct them? Thanks for helping.

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

You can make a collection that includes videos with the habituation tag, but excludes videos with the habituated tag.

More specific instructions:

• go to the talk page for any video that has any tag on it
    • on the right, click on the button that says "create a tag group"
    • fill in the title and description (you can call it "temp" or something similar if you want)
    • use the boxes on the right to include habituation and exclude habituated

Once you've created this collection, you can easily find your old tags to edit. After you edit your old tags, you can edit the collection itself to include/exclude different hashtags. This is how I use my personal temp collection. Maybe I want to know if we have ever used the tag dove, so I edit my collection to look for dove. Once I'm done looking for dove, I can change it to look for pigeon, or whatever else I might want. The benefit of doing it this way is that once a collection is made, it's impossible to delete, so now I have a more manageable number of collections by not keeping every collection permanently.

Posted

Great! Thanks for helping. The tags are fixed. One more question: The last part of your description. I made these "Temp" Collection and fixed the tags. But when I go back to the collection there are all tags habituated in, although this tag is excluded. And Im too stupid to find a way to change the hashtag-rule in the collection ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Posted

You're not stupid, it's just a confusing system!

If I understand your question correctly, you're asking why videos aren't leaving your collection once you've added habituated to them. When you create a tag collection, it immediately searches for videos with those tags, but once it's been set up, there's a delay for videos going into or out of the collection. So if I make a new collection for all videos including tool_use and excluding nuts and termites, and then add nuts or termites to any videos, those videos will eventually leave the collection, but it might take up to half an hour. If you want to immediately update your collection, go back to the page where you specify which tags to include (click on the "edit" button next to your name on the collection page) and just hit "save changes". This will cause it to immediately do the search over again.

Does that help?

Posted

And I can confirm no more videos have the habituation tag : )

Posted

"Edit-Button" next to your name" โ€ฆ THAT was the magic-word!! Big Help-Thanks ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

Really helpful info in this thread, moving to FAQ board.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

oh yes, great information, thanks. Had I only known this earlier. I'm having way too many collections already because I thought they can be deleted... ๐Ÿ˜›

Posted

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1

ok now I'm the stupid one. Habituated means ? Are those the ones with humans following or nearby chimps or gorillas? And are there really that many? I have seen maybe 2.

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

@zoogirl you're not stupid at all - I'm seeing more humans in the background studying the #habituated chimps (accustomed to the presence of humans) in Aged Violet. It seems a bit weird to see the chimps just ignoring the people ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

@zoogirl ... is your question what "habituated" means at all? I try to anwser (hope it will working with my dull English): Habituated means, that the chimps are living in an area, in which researcher over a very long time followed or follows the groups, so they do not even take notice of the humans at all. I think it was Jane Godall who first initiated this form of researching. She followed month and month the chimps in Gombe, till they "accepted" and ignored her, so that she could watch them in their original behaviour ... So in chimp&see *habituated is used for zones, in which this happens.

I often think, we have to watch more humans in AgedViolet than chimp ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Dear Scientists ... please correct me, when I wrote nonsense ๐Ÿ˜‰

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

Hi everyone, @luca-chimp you are exactly right ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

just one small addition which is that apes (and other animals) are also habituated for ecotourism which is often what you see at restless star ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1

Thanks! yes @luca_chimp, that is what i meant.

Posted