Chimp & See Talk

Official Chimp & See Science Team Introductions

• DZM by DZM admin

I've set this thread up to allow the Chimp & See science team to post their introductions.

Meet the team below! πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

Hello everyone!

My name is Nuria and I am an ecologist whose main work focuses on African wildlife video coding.

My role here is to coordinate and lead your ideas, suggestions, comments and questions, so that we can all together work for the conservation of African primates and their sympatric species by using non-invasive methods...just by gossiping!

letΒ΄s have fun!!

Posted

• maureenmccarthy by maureenmccarthy scientist, moderator

Hi everyone!

My name is Maureen. I study chimpanzees, with an emphasis on better understanding the behavior and genetics of populations in unprotected and human-modified habitats. I'm here to help answer questions and guide discussions as best I can. I really look forward to a fun dialogue about chimpanzees and other species. πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• northernlimitptv by northernlimitptv scientist, moderator

Hi everyone!

My name is Erin and I am a primatologist interested in the behavior, ecology, and conservation of chimpanzees living in a savanna-woodland landscape. I’m also here to help answer questions and lead discussions, and am looking forward to working together with all of you!

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

Hi everyone!

My name is Mimi, I am the Project Manager for the Pan African Programme: The Cultured Chimpanzee, (aka PanAf) as well as a junior scientist for the project. My research focuses on applying non-invasive genetic methods to better understand and conserve wild primate populations.

I am also here to answer your questions, moderate discussions and identify some chimps together! Thank you all so much for helping us with this giant project, i hope you have a lot of fun and get to see some cool animals and behaviours πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi everyone!

My name Paula. I am a biologist with experience with captive animals in primate rescue centers and with wild animals in research and conservation projects of primates in west and central Africa and I'm here to help you with any questions you may have.

LetΒ΄s see all together what is hiding in the forest!

Posted

• vittoriaestienne by vittoriaestienne scientist, moderator

Hello everybody!

My name is Vittoria, and I am a primatologist currently working on the tool use behavior of chimpanzees in Gabon. My project is based on video data collected from camera traps, and I am here to help you in the identification of the chimpanzees and answering your questions.

Looking forward some fun videos and discussion!

Posted

• Giulia_Sirianni by Giulia_Sirianni scientist

Hi everyone!

My name is Giulia. I am currently a PhD student in Primatology. My research focuses on tool use and physical cognition in wild chimpanzees. In particular, I have been studying nut-cracking, with a special focus on cognitive processes underlying the selection of stone and wooden hammers used to crack open hard encased food.

I am here to answer your questions and help you with the recognition of animals and behaviours! Let's hope chimps will tool around a lot πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• akalan by akalan scientist

Hi there!
    My name is Ammie, and I'm a primatologist specializing in communication, particularly their vocalizations. I'm here to help you to identify all the amazing sounds of the forest as well as to help with questions on chimpanzee behaviour and ecology. Looking forward to hearing and discussing all your chimp&see discoveries πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• AlexMielke by AlexMielke scientist

Hi all,
    I'm Alex, also currently a PhD student in Primatology, studying the social relationships and interactions of wild chimpanzees and sooty mangabeys in West Africa, to see what makes our closest relatives really so different from other primates.

I'm glad to help with any questions regarding the chimps, but also the weird and funny things other animals are doing!

Posted

• Lesterj1972 by Lesterj1972 scientist

Hi everyone!

My name is Jack. I am interested in many chimpanzee related topics, with a focus on their behavioral flexibility in changing environments and population genetics.

I am here to engage in thoughtful discussions and to help with your discoveries in anyway I can. I look forward to our chimp&see collaboration!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Wow, look at all the new scientists! πŸ˜„

Posted

• Pugli by Pugli scientist

Hi everyone!

My name is Ingo and I'm a trained animal keeper specialized in elephant management. My job took me to a lot of countries in several continents developing tasks designed to increase animal welfare throughout the husbandry improvement.
    All this made me fall in love with the challenge of protecting wildlife through conservation.

I'm looking forward to sharing with all of you my knowledge on elephants in this amazing project!

Posted

• asgoffe by asgoffe scientist

Hello! My name is Adeelia and I am a biologist with broad interests in the welfare of wild, managed and captive animal populations.

I have experience in studying the social behaviour, stress and genetics of wild primates (baboons and chimpanzees) in East and West Africa. After spending a lot of time watching Guinea baboons in the wild I am well poised to assist you in identifying individuals, determining age-sex classes or understanding some of the "odd" behaviours exhibited by this species.

Posted

• Kcoro07 by Kcoro07 scientist

Hi Everyone!

I'm Katie, another PhD student in Primatology. I am currently studying the ontogeny of nut-cracking in wild chimpanzees with a particular focus on teaching and social learning. Before this, I collected some of the very videos seen here on "Chimp and See" so am excited to help and hear everyone's feedback!

Posted

• DagmaDee by DagmaDee scientist

Greetings fellow Chimp & See video coders πŸ˜ƒ My name is Mary Brooke and I'm a behavioral ecologist at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, working with the PanAf team. My research focuses on understanding the evolution of behavioral and cultural variation in chimpanzees (as well as other species). In addition, my work integrates with conservation efforts focused on maintaining behavioral plasticity and diversity, along with the more traditional foci of conservation--genetic and species diversity.

I'm super excited to be working with you all!

Posted

• Silke_Atmaca by Silke_Atmaca scientist, moderator

A warm hello! My name is Silke, I'm currently affiliated with MPI-EVA. I'm an experimental psychologist turned primate ethnographer, and looking forward to be walking the chimp trail with all of you. πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• LirSam by LirSam scientist

Hello everyone!

My name is Liran. I am a primatologist studying the hormonal mechanisms of strong social relationships and cooperative behaviour in wild chimpanzees. I'm happy to help with any chimps or other forest creatures related questions

Posted

• kristinhavercamp by kristinhavercamp scientist

Hello! My name is Kristin and I’m a MSc student in Human Evolution and Behaviour in the Biological Anthropology department at UCL. I am working in collaboration with the Max Planck Institute to conduct research for my master thesis using camera trap footage to analyze and compare levels of female sociality among the different subspecies of chimpanzees. I am also greatly interested in research surrounding primate cognition.

I’m looking forward to getting to know everyone on Chimp&See and engaging in exciting discussions!

Posted