Chimp & See Talk

Thank You!!!

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

Thanks everyone!! Those 2 hours FLEW right by!

What an awesome experience and thank you so much for the amazing questions and your participation! In case you guys post anything we missed, we'll be sure to get to it in the next days - feel free to private message me if we accidentally overlooked your question!

Let us know if you would like us to make this a regular feature and how often you'd like to have us do it, if yes 😃

Thanks again!

-Maureen, Jack, Erin, Gaelle, Ammie, Liran, Nuria & Mimi

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

That was wonderful, thanks to all of you for answering our questions!

Posted

• Batfan by Batfan

That was a great idea, thank you so much for organising it. It was really frustrating as I had to go out just as it was starting, but I've thoroughly enjoyed looking through all the questions and answers since I've got back in. In response to your query, I think it would be great if you were willing / able to make this a regular feature. I suspect it takes quite a lot of organising to get you all in one place at a time, so I'll resist the temptation to say please can we have one every month, but would a couple of times a year be a possibility ?????

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

I agree with @Batfan that a couple of times a year would be a nice treat.

Posted

Thanks for the feedback - I certainly think we can do it! 😄
    @Batfan, you think the time (6pm German time) can work for you in the future? Others - was the time more or less good for you?
    Thanks again!!

Posted

• squish5 by squish5 in response to MimiA's comment.

Time was great for me anyway but my time management skills let me down so i was just popping in and out. Some great links and even better stories from the field. Thanks to everyone involved 😃

Posted

• Batfan by Batfan in response to MimiA's comment.

Yes @MimiA, usually that time would be great for me - it just so happened that yesterday I'd arranged to meet a friend for tea and it would have been very difficult to rearrange.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

It was a great experience, thanks a lot to all scientists for answering our questions so thoroughly. Once or twice a year would be great. Time is perfect for me.

PS: got you @Batfan now I'm sure you MUST be English 😉 😃

Posted

• Batfan by Batfan in response to Boleyn's comment.

Yep, you got me @Boleyn 😃 Was it the tea that gave me away?

Posted

• puddock by puddock

I missed it! Sounds like it was a great success though - hope to join in if you do it again 😃

Posted

yay @puddock!!!

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to Batfan's comment.

Oh yes indeed, @Batfan, it was! 😉
    But the fun fact is that until today when reading your name in the blog I thought you were male - now you got me! 😄

Posted

• Batfan by Batfan in response to Boleyn's comment.

I still managed to retain some mystery then !!! 😃 I know it's a bit of a daft name but bats are so much a part of my life these days (I'm a bat carer and worker), that it just seemed appropriate at the time I signed up.

Posted

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1

I knew and I missed it! Ugh! reading Q&A though, very interesting. Thank you everyone.

Posted

thanks @zoogirl1 😃 we hope you join us next time!

@batfan, i am also a HUGE bat fan! when i did my field work, there was a vet team catching bats at night to draw blood to test them for what diseases they were carrying, and i got to help feed the bats afterwards in the recovery tent before they were released - was so awesome!!! they are so diverse and so adorable. bat wings are so neat!!!

Posted